New grower

RaeRizzle420

hi guys im wanting to start a small personal grow (AUTO FLOWERS) in a cabinet working on getting more materials in the coming weeks and (seeing that im brand new grower i have a few questions)..
i have 2 60w 6500 cfl lights at the moment and about 4 2700k 60w cfl
a fan to blow air around
a pot not sure of size and a few other pots
and miracle gro soil..( ive read using this soil is no good) other soils ive read about i have to order online
ill be getting a ph tester and humidty reader this weekend or next.

would the 2 6500 and 2 2700 be enough light..?
would like to know whats best soil..?
best nutes..?
and a good light schedule
ALL FOR AUTO FLOWERS

20161206_233502.jpg
20161206_233457.jpg
20161206_233334.jpg
20161206_233647.jpg

No problem. We are you at in this big ole world? For me I am in So Cal and I am able to get my soil from a Hydro store. Good luck and happy growing

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420

kentucky.. and seeing as we are 30yrs behind over this way ill be a fucking old man before im able to enjoy this beautiful plant without getting into trouble. but im tired of dealing with shady people and spending way to much for under quality goodness..

kentucky.. and seeing as we are 30yrs behind over this way ill be a fucking old man before im able to enjoy this beautiful plant without getting into trouble. but im tired of dealing with shady people and spending way to much for under quality goodness..
I understand that!!

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420

For soil just go look at any store that sells gardening stuff for a soilless mix or a mix of top soil that is void of any nutrients and also a bag of perlite. Mix in a bunch of perlite for drainage and if you find real soilless mix add some vermiculite for a bit of water retention.

The lighting is fine to start but if you want some nice dense buds you'll need to up that wattage or go with something more intense (HID, LED etc)

Best nutes would be whatever you can find locally. Stay away from time release style nutrients as it will be hard to judge what your plants are getting at any given time. Look at the numbers on the front of the jugs labeled N-P-K you'll want a higher N number for veg and higher P and K for flower. Auto flowering likes to have no food the first few weeks then feed them little by little. It is easy to overfeed autos and stunt them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Do a web search for "Hydroponics Stores Kentucky" see if any anywhere near you, or find some potting soil w/o the time released nutrients as that is the major potential problems with MG, as it doesn't always release right. There are folks that use CFL's to grow but I have little experience with them other than my seedling is liking the one on the floor lamp better than the LED in my boxes. CFL you won't run out of height as fast as other lights though, not sure how tall your cabinet is. Check out my link for my "Anti Journal Journal" as it explains how I bought a small premade grow box and ended up making bigger ones on my own as limited height available to grow in the small one (works good for seedling/clone size plants though so it wasn't a total waste of my money and gave me something to mimic when I made my own). I'm new at this so I"m not much help, lots of grow journals here you can check out or someone more familiar with CFL growing will hopefully chime in.

thank you for your feedback im going to go check at other stores for the soil i got another power strip and more light sockets wanna do a mix of led color spetrum and cfl lights if that is possible

I've used miracle grow soil many times and never had any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom