New law says 30 gram max possession but you can grow up to 4 plants?

Kip22

Maybe I'm missing something in fine print somewhere but the new law per the goc Canada website says there will be a 30 gram possession limit but also that u can grow up to 4 plants. I don't know bout u guys but I'm pretty sure even if u screwed up bad u should get more than 30 gram from a 4 plant harvest.

Is that maybe 30 grams on person off your premises?

Then if that's the case whats the on premise amount? I'm sure guys will be doing all kinds of stuff to keep within the 4 plant limit and grow as much as they can.

Quick search brought up this:

In accordance with advice received from the Task Force as well as experience gained from discussions with jurisdictions that have legalized cannabis, the Government of Canada has proposed that a personal possession limit of 30 grams of legal dried cannabis (or equivalent in other cannabis products) is a reasonable amount to be carried in public by an adult.

Not finding anything stating what amount is allowed in your house, may be a "varies by Province" like down here where it is all over the place on a State by State basis, along with the fact that they change the rules all the freaking time ;) :rofl: . You might try searching "possession limits cannabis in home in ____ Province" or the like, though you will probably have to wade thru a bunch of stuff to find an answer (if there is one currently).

Also need to find out what their definition of a "plant" is, as again it is all over the place as some places in the US it is "adult plants" with definitions on size height/diameter and other places it is "total number of plants period no matter the size".

Fuck 'em. If its your own house and your own private grow to ingest into your own body then I say grow what you want (within reason) and don't tell anyone, especially the authorities, those psychopathic power mad control freaks can suck it (that came across way more aggressive than I intended but I stand by it).

Lol

thanks guys.

I did some more digging and for now there is no private residence possession limit in the new law.

Lol

thanks guys.

I did some more digging and for now there is no private residence possession limit in the new law.

If you wanting to stay within the laws I would just keep an eye out, as if it is like here they changed it a lot while they were trying to patch it all together. If you just growing for yourself and own your own home really no reason they are going to find out how much you have, unless you get in trouble for something else or are selling it which could get their attention to it. As imagine they don't have the funding and what funding they have they go after the "bigger fish" anyway.

Fuck 'em. If its your own house and your own private grow to ingest into your own body then I say grow what you want (within reason) and don't tell anyone, especially the authorities, those psychopathic power mad control freaks can suck it (that came across way more aggressive than I intended but I stand by it).

LOL that's what I say also .

I guess any excess from my Medical Grow will have to be stored as Recreational...

Why have a limit on how much medical pot you can possess, but not recreational?

Why have a limit on how much medical pot you can possess, but not recreational?

I'm thinking that was for the pre recreational system. If its not limited general use I would think that the medical limit would become completely unenforceable.

Back
Top Bottom