New Purple Thai: See leaves and advise

Fomerballer

Just got these going. They were under a plastic Bubble for about 10 day. This pic is 5 days on thier own meaning no plastic covering.

Nutes are hydroguard, 100ppm calmag 200ppm grow. My room is dry about 40% humidity. Lights are 16 hour on veg 2x650watt about 30” above the plants

They’re getting clean well water which tests at about 15ppm

873BAF6F-8E72-4A6B-B0A6-ED9FAE3CDC68.jpeg

62CE7906-07CD-4D82-93CF-1703CB34ADA9.jpeg

What’s up Baller?

domes are for clones to keep rh high while a cutting develops roots, seedlings have roots so a dome is not needed. Which would you rather have - an infant that can breathe by itself or one that needs life support??

hydroguard & cal-mag are only part and I guess the grow is your npk? Most nutes are either 2 part or 3 part…. sounds like something else is missing…

When you mix your nutes are you adding the cal-mag first? what’s your ph?

Your rh is very low in your grow space for a seedling or veg plant, dialing in the environment will help to green up your chick…. See VPD chart below

I’m soil guy but the hydro crew will jump in soon… anyway best of luck!!

1640649542175.jpeg

Just got these going. They were under a plastic Bubble for about 10 day. This pic is 5 days on thier own meaning no plastic covering.

Nutes are hydroguard, 100ppm calmag 200ppm grow. My room is dry about 40% humidity. Lights are 16 hour on veg 2x650watt about 30” above the plants

They’re getting clean well water which tests at about 15ppm

873BAF6F-8E72-4A6B-B0A6-ED9FAE3CDC68.jpeg

62CE7906-07CD-4D82-93CF-1703CB34ADA9.jpeg
Hey @Fomerballer hope you are well my friend.
As @013 mentioned domes aren't great for them.
They go mushy and and get cell damage which could be part of your problem.
Also are you giving them nutrients?
One last thing that light is strong for such little ones. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Nutes are hydroguard,
Hydroguard is not a nutrient.

Looks like you are growing in rockwool.

Whatever "grow" is you should tell the group so they can get an idea if it contains enough of the macro-nutrients. Saying that it has 200 ppm does not tell what it is. There are a lot of fertilizers on the market that have 'grow' in their name and each is different.

If you want the group to give advise on what is happening with the leaves, and especially as shown in the second photograph, you have to turn off the grow lights and take the photographs in sunlight or normal white light. Your grow lights are changing the way the camera sees the colors.

hydroguard & cal-mag are only part and I guess the grow is your npk?
The grow is the Botanicare Pure Blend Grow 3-2-4 that was mentioned in the msg just above this. I googled it and the 'Botanicare Pure Blend' looks like it is the name of an entire line of Botanicare products which they call Pure Blend. The 'Grow' looks like one of those 'one product fits all' fertilizer blends. Then they have a 'Bloom' for the flowering stage which also looks like a 'one product fits all'. I did not spend more than a few seconds looking but there is more on the web site.

Idea seems to be that when a gardener gets the Botanicare stuff dialed in life is much easier.;) Kind of like the Mega Crop product.

I get the feeling that we will get a better idea of what is happening once we can see a photo with better true to life colors.

The grow is the Botanicare Pure Blend Grow 3-2-4 that was mentioned in the msg just above this. I googled it and the 'Botanicare Pure Blend' looks like it is the name of an entire line of Botanicare products which they call Pure Blend. The 'Grow' looks like one of those 'one product fits all' fertilizer blends. Then they have a 'Bloom' for the flowering stage which also looks like a 'one product fits all'. I did not spend more than a few seconds looking but there is more on the web site.

Idea seems to be that when a gardener gets the Botanicare stuff dialed in life is much easier.;) Kind of like the Mega Crop product.

I get the feeling that we will get a better idea of what is happening once we can see a photo with better true to life colors.
Posted

I’ve used the same Botanicare grow & bloom in the past on several other grows with success. Also using thier Calmag and hydroguard. For the most part in the same ppm schedule.

Room is 12x4x10’tall. Air filtration is a terra bloom 6” with carbon filters pulling outside of the room. Also have a carbon filter on the intake side.

The room is pretty dry with humidity around 38% today. I do not have a humidifier hooked up.

I’ve checked my past notes and my nute & hydroguard schedule is pretty consistent.

Had success with number of Sativas strains including Durban Poison, Blackberry Dream, Tangie, Harlequin, and Indicaz Northern Lights & White Widow

The grow room is new. Past grows we’re in a grow tent and used City tap water.

New room is using well water. After testing the well water the only this a bit high is iron. Sulfates are very low.

Again thanks for the help. I’m wondering if it’s just to dry

I’m wondering if it’s just to dry
Lot easier to see what the true color of the leaves are and I can see that something is going on. What it is, no idea but maybe some of the others, especially the hydro growers, can help with that.

Judging by the amounts of moss or algae starting to grow on top of the rockwool, or whatever it is, the stuff is not close to being to dry.

My first impression is, what's that little plant doing trying to grow in rockwool? I can only speak from my experience... with seeds I go from the paper towel to a tiny 2" pot with a homemade growing mix with all essential nutes, coco coir, perlite, worm compost, and Mycos. My mix is sifted so that it's fairly fine. At this stage, the nutes are on the light side. For my clones in 3" pots, once roots are well established (2 weeks), I transfer from the cloning mix (mostly coco coir) to my homemade growing mix in 1 gal. pots. From there I go to 15 gal. homemade smart pots. The result of all this is very healthy, happy plants.

good luck and happy new year! :)

perfect trifecta of growing nugs… great genetics, great lights & a great environment.

Yes the rh is extremely low…. your room size is massive so that makes rh really off the charts when compared to tent gardening…. 5 gallon bucket of water with fan moving air across the surface will help

Few questions…

Is there an air gap between the rock wool and the water level?

How often do you fertigate?

Typically plant needs to be fertigated until roots hit the res…. don’t think your girl has made the transition to roots hitting the nute soup mix. What does roots look like?

roots love air but not exposure to light

At the baby plant stage the water is in contact with
perfect trifecta of growing nugs… great genetics, great lights & a great environment.

Yes the rh is extremely low…. your room size is massive so that makes rh really off the charts when compared to tent gardening…. 5 gallon bucket of water with fan moving air across the surface will help

Few questions…

Is there an air gap between the rock wool and the water level?

How often do you fertigate?

Typically plant needs to be fertigated until roots hit the res…. don’t think your girl has made the transition to roots hitting the nute soup mix. What does roots look like?

roots love air but not exposure to light
at this stage the water level is in contact with the rock wool. I change out water every week.

Roots are not yet out of the rock wool

I add the nutes at each water change and continue monitoring the ppm. I’ll try reposting a updated pick later today.

My first impression is, what's that little plant doing trying to grow in rockwool? I can only speak from my experience... with seeds I go from the paper towel to a tiny 2" pot with a homemade growing mix with all essential nutes, coco coir, perlite, worm compost, and Mycos. My mix is sifted so that it's fairly fine. At this stage, the nutes are on the light side. For my clones in 3" pots, once roots are well established (2 weeks), I transfer from the cloning mix (mostly coco coir) to my homemade growing mix in 1 gal. pots. From there I go to 15 gal. homemade smart pots. The result of all this is very healthy, happy plants.

good luck and happy new year! :)

Yours isn’t hydro Dwc then?

Back
Top Bottom