New to the game

I have just started putting spring water in on it's own and I basically give them a splash around the outside of the plant pot every night

Hi all I am new to this so please help !! I have had 2 previous successful crops however both have been from cuttings now I have bought 5 G13 and 1 blueberry og from Barnies also.
I started the seeds off in tissue 4 g13 and the blueberry sprouted so lost 1 not too fussed about that !
However now I have been informed that my 250w bulb is too strong for seedlings and my neuts are too strong as showing signs of neut burn also .
I am using canna coco medium with canna coco a+b neuts .I have been mixing it 2mill to 2 litres of water.
If anybody has grown either of these plants I would be extremely gratefull of your knowledge or even if any of you experienced growers could help shed some of your advice on my situation would be gratefully received .
Ps also when I work out how to upload pics of room/set up/plants ect I will thanks people and happy budding....
Hi I am Be Bopper, also a new grower you are giving nutes to seedlings? i thought that was kind of a no no? I now wait until the second set of real leaves begin to sprout, and then I keep it minimal. My major problem in the beginning was over watering.

Hi m8 I thought it was a no no asWell but was told otherwise by a old friend as long as it is at a fraction of the recommended mix. But it was obviously not good as you can see from my posts .yes I found that problem too how do u know how much is too much or not enough ?

Hi guys just a quick 1 . Hope all is good with yourselves?!.
I currently have my lights on 24hrs do you or would you reccomend it be 18/6??

I think that 18/6 would be perfect. I believe that after about 18 hours you are no longer getting any additional benefit. I notice my plants seem to droop around 17-18 hours and then are rejuvenated after their short sleep cycle.

I'm running 20/4 and I seem to be getting good results. I started with 18/6 but read from a breeder most autos do well on 20/4. I'm new...so I can be full of it. :eek:

Back to our sponsor - Gb82. You are probably safe at staying at 24 but probably just costing you some extra money and will not receive much benefit off of a 18/4 schedule.

You could also experiment and go to 23/1 and see if you notice any difference then drop down a bit more as you find the sweet spot.

Kellogg again sorry for not replying for a bit but it's been a bit chaotic my end lol bloody family eh!!!!
Yh so I read what you guys had to say and I have started to switch my lights off at 1 and back on at 6.they seem to look better leaves are looking good no burn but shades of yellow along the spines of the leaf but other than they are pointing 10-2 And look happy .i am still just feeding water as and when they look dry ..i will upload some new photos in a day or so.

I noticed on my plants when I have the light too bright or too close the leaves go kinda lime green and the veins remain dark. Also the edges of the leaves have a tendency to point up. It take 3-4 days for the color to return to normal when the light is corrected.

Hi all I am new to this so please help !! I have had 2 previous successful crops however both have been from cuttings now I have bought 5 G13 and 1 blueberry og from Barnies also.
I started the seeds off in tissue 4 g13 and the blueberry sprouted so lost 1 not too fussed about that !
However now I have been informed that my 250w bulb is too strong for seedlings and my neuts are too strong as showing signs of neut burn also .
I am using canna coco medium with canna coco a+b neuts .I have been mixing it 2mill to 2 litres of water.
If anybody has grown either of these plants I would be extremely gratefull of your knowledge or even if any of you experienced growers could help shed some of your advice on my situation would be gratefully received .
Ps also when I work out how to upload pics of room/set up/plants ect I will thanks people and happy budding....
If you see my babys they are really light in colour. Mostly because of my light intensity and hot soil (nutes already in the soil) but my light is a 600hps so you should be fine as long as youve kept them under a dome or managed to keep the humidity right up there. Also if ive had nute burn just from the soil it shows how fragile they are when they come from seed. Leave them atleast a couple weeks or until they get to about their first topping before you start feeding them (about 4/5 nodes high)

Back
Top Bottom