New420Guy Seeds Unofficial Grow: My Blue Dream Babies!

So what do you think of your new Budget LED light. Which one did you get, The 250watt series 3 ? Bright ant they
It looks like a damn well made American product. No cutting corners. All top quality components. I got the
Series 3+ Red Spec 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light with XL heatsink at 3500k for veg/flower
Time to get the show on the road. Lol
New beans are coming for all these new lights. No more blurple in all 3 tents now!
Oh yeah now we’re talkin!

let there be light! And there was light
I saw an Angel when I turned it on it was so bright!.

I thought my Mars COBs were bright until I turned the Budget LED light on and it was like 3 or 4 times brighter and covered A Lot bigger area. I am Really happy for you
:high-five: :thumb:

Great point Chef, I would look at recommended distance the manufacture says. I Love having my lights at the top of my tent like Duggan does. I got Great results last time so I am keeping mine set like that but if you will be adjusting your light as the plant grows I would check out the distance Budget says and not get it too close. They are Very powerful

I thought my Mars COBs were bright until I turned the Budget LED light on and it was like 3 or 4 times brighter and covered A Lot bigger area. I am Really happy for you
:high-five: :thumb:
I appreciate that PC! I am happy for me too.
Just be careful they’re not too close to your plant! They’re super efficient!
Whoa. They sure are. I adjusted the distance.
Great point Chef, I would look at recommended distance the manufacture says. I Love having my lights at the top of my tent like Duggan does. I got Great results last time so I am keeping mine set like that but if you will be adjusting your light as the plant grows I would check out the distance Budget says and not get it too close. They are Very powerful
From the manufacturer:
Seedling: 30-36 inches
Veg: 24-18 inches
Flower: 18-12 inches

I set mine at 19 inches now. It was closer to 12 inches before that.

Day 8 12/12

We'll the new Budget LED is installed in the main tent and I've got a Mars Hydro TS 600 in each smaller tent. Its just been a couple of days but she already is perking up a lot more. New beans are arriving soon so I'll be growing 4 or 5 plants at a time next. It'll be more interesting.

20200420_061012.jpg

20200420_060943.jpg

20200420_060953.jpg

20200420_060959.jpg

She's starting top show a little. I can't wait to see how well she flowers under this nice new light.

Your going to love that light, BudgetLED really knows what their doing.. To me their heat sinks are the X factor that sets them above the rest. When turned to full blast budgetLED’s heat sinks are much cooler then the heat sinks on my HLG’s. Count me in for the ride, your plants are looking amazing!
I have to totally agree about the Budget LED lights. I also agree that the XL heat sink makes all the difference and gives the light a much more quality feel. I am 420% Sold on Budgets lights, Here on 4/20/2020, everyone stay well medicated today

Your going to love that light, BudgetLED really knows what their doing.. To me their heat sinks are the X factor that sets them above the rest. When turned to full blast budgetLED’s heat sinks are much cooler then the heat sinks on my HLG’s. Count me in for the ride, your plants are looking amazing!
I am super impressed already and its just been a couple of days. My baby perked up right away and she's in the center of the heatsink.
I have to totally agree about the Budget LED lights. I also agree that the XL heat sink makes all the difference and gives the light a much more quality feel. I am 420% Sold on Budgets lights, Here on 4/20/2020, everyone stay well medicated today
The weight on this unit alone tells you the heatsink is primo-no skimping on parts. Happy 420 everyone!!!

Looking proper there Sly! Your girl is looking better than ever under her new light for sure. I think it’s pretty clear she prefers it up at that 19” mark! She’s gonna flower into a monster I’m sure.

if I were you I’d go through and pick off the bottom growth.. everything under the top 3 nodes, but that’s how I like to shape my plants. Leave all of the leaves, pick off all the tiny side branches. Anything that doesnt reach half way up the plant.

Happy 420! :passitleft:

Looking proper there Sly! Your girl is looking better than ever under her new light for sure. I think it’s pretty clear she prefers it up at that 19” mark! She’s gonna flower into a monster I’m sure.

if I were you I’d go through and pick off the bottom growth.. everything under the top 3 nodes, but that’s how I like to shape my plants. Leave all of the leaves, pick off all the tiny side branches. Anything that doesnt reach half way up the plant.
Yeah man. Good advice Chef. Once I start seeing the pre-flowers better, I'll strip off the lower side branches that will only amount to fluff anyway.
Happy 420! :passitleft:
[/QUOTE]

It’s advisable to strip off the growth prior to seeing the buds start to set. You could be potentially lowering your yield if you wait til then. If you do it now, all that bud that would get set down low will just be focused into the nodes you left on the plant.

It’s advisable to strip off the growth prior to seeing the buds start to set. You could be potentially lowering your yield if you wait til then. If you do it now, all that bud that would get set down low will just be focused into the nodes you left on the plant.
Gave her a trim underneath.

Day 9 12/12

I followed @ChefDGreen's advice and gave her a good trim underrneath to focus all energy towards the other areas where pre-flowers are forming. An I'm still feeding Megacrop at 1 gram per gallon with CALiMAGic . I used to use Dynagro but I am loving this Megacrop now. I'm using Canna Coco with no exceptions from now on as well. Juts picked up another brick. Its clean and doesnt clump up. Here's some pictures with my Maine Coon "Precious" in one:

20200421_131400.jpg

20200421_165758.jpg

20200421_165939.jpg

She's looks like she is ready to move into the next phase. I cant wait for the flower show!

If it were me, I’d start her on 4g/gal. She’s going to start yellowing fast at 1g/gal, especially in coco. Though I’m no expert on neither the medium nor the fertilizer.

let’s see what @MrSauga and @Pennywise think. I know they’ve got experience with MC and coco respectively

If it were me, I’d start her on 4g/gal. She’s going to start yellowing fast at 1g/gal, especially in coco. Though I’m no expert on neither the medium nor the fertilizer.

let’s see what @MrSauga and @Pennywise think. I know they’ve got experience with MC and coco respectively
I am actually at 4 grams per gallon, sorry everyone. 20 grams for my 5 gallon jug.
Looking good Sly!
Much appreciated Pennywise! She's getting there.

Back
Top Bottom