Newbie needs help from experienced LED growers ASAP

Mike 810

I have 3 p600's from platinum led and a 4x8 tent. I'm going to
Use promix & 5 gallon grow bags but I have a few questions about led 1st I wana know should I use 1 or 2 lights for veg & ether 2 or 3 for flowering? 2nd question how close should the lights be for both stages veg & flower. 3rd question how many plants should I put under each light and what type of ORGANIC nutes should I use fox farm or general hydroponics? This is my 1st time growing and I'm also trying to decide how long should i veg any help from LED growers or growers in general is greatly appreciated sorry for all these newbie questions lol

I have 3 p600's from platinum led and a 4x8 tent. I'm going to
Use promix & 5 gallon grow bags but I have a few questions about led 1st I wana know should I use 1 or 2 lights for veg & ether 2 or 3 for flowering? 2nd question how close should the lights be for both stages veg & flower. 3rd question how many plants should I put under each light and what type of ORGANIC nutes should I use fox farm or general hydroponics? This is my 1st time growing and I'm also trying to decide how long should i veg any help from LED growers or growers in general is greatly appreciated sorry for all these newbie questions lol
What did you yield in the end matey

Hey man, hope this year has been good to you! So I'm running a 600w hps ballast off one mech timer, it's a 4x8 tent, only using half the space this 1 st trial indoor grow. I'm planning my next grow using the whole tent and I'm getting another 600w lamp going, and some additional leds to supplement, my problem being only three power outlets, so I'm investing in a 4 outlet timer board after some investigating, so I solved the first part.... The issue for me now is the led panel I bought, I'm not sure how powerful in comparison to my 600w hps, or of the the spectrums, but mainly the power, it only has on and off, and I have no idea? Cheers muchly Phytoplankton:Namaste:

looks like baby's first led.
hope it was cheap.

look for the total draw, add about 1/3 - 2/3 for a ballpark hps equivalent. that light would be at the lower end or 1/3.

Without knowing the brand of the light, I’m gonna have to do some guessing. The LED doesn’t say what it’s power draw is, so I’m doubtful that it’s actual draw is more than 100w. If that’s the case, you can start at 2 feet from the plants and then see how the plants react, then lower it if circumstances warrant it.; The LED is full spectrum, so that is good for veg and flower. It does not appear to be a very powerful light. The 2 HPS set-up should serve you well.

Addendum: just saw the brand, looked it up, couldn’t find specs for the 1000 watt, but the “5000” watt only draws 200 watts..

looks like baby's first led.
hope it was cheap.

look for the total draw, add about 1/3 - 2/3 for a ballpark hps equivalent. that light would be at the lower end or 1/3.
Lol yeah man didn't fork out much at all.... Not until I understand them better will I spend $ . Was curious about spectrums leds cover that hps doesn't, I'm still learning, I do much better with the big free bulb in the sky:cool: here is the sticker on the back 50-60 hz if that's any more to go on @Phytoplankton. thanks crew, love your work, appreciate it!:green_heart:

IMG_20220129_161318_769.jpg

lol at mr wang :cheesygrinsmiley:
mr wang is too chicken to tell us the wattage draw which is the one piece of info that would be relevant.

i have a fair bit of led experience. i was growing under white light led before it was commercially available. i built all my own rigs. i worked with led in another industry.

nowadays there is some phenomenal stuff available. led is pricey, but pays it's way if bought careful. cheap led is not worth your time.

I'd hang it between your 2 600s those little lights don't do much
I have a few of them 1000w I use as veg lights I take the glass out of them I took one apart to clean the fans one day and right on the board it says taking the glass out is a gain so all got taken out

Cheers for the info @bluter , what sort of led light would you recommend to supplement 2x600w hps in a 4x8 tent? And that was the plan @Bigjake8 , maybe a second to face both ways on an angle. I'm only doing my first indoor grow now, so I'm in experimental stages, I wanted leds for when it's too hot to run the hps at 600 or boost to help keep temps down and filling light gaps and spectrum gaps. I'm pretty sure I'll get it right the next grow.... Just need to find a good seed source now! Trials and tribulations:Namaste:

So possibly only 25-50 watts then.... Thanks for that mate, should I just straight up take off the glass cover you think?
Don’t think it could hurt, unless there’s a condensation issue. I would consider using the LED as a side light, to fill in on the edges where the HPS is weaker.

My thoughts exactly mate! Thanks again for your input, there's an update pic of my first indoor ladies on my other post about screwing up too if you interested. I'll try do an introduction and Journal next grow, so peeps can get an idea of what I'm trying to achieve, peace

side light or early seedling light would be appropriate. it'd probably get lost in a 4 x 8.

i run 12 cobs at 600w true draw in a touch under 4x4

full

in 8 x 8 we ran 2 600w hps rigs and 2 400w cob rigs. not everything was run flat out though.

the rig in the pic delivers 600w but i draw it back with dimming. we generally finish at 75% - 85%, so 450ish to 540ish watt as a ballpark guess.

the newer stuff is more efficient. i'm gonna run a @NextLight in that space soon at 650w or so. i'm adding dimming to that rig as well.

my veg rig is a 4 cob 200w true draw supplemented with burple 5050 smds.

full

i run the main and smds on different timers. the burple extends the light sched on the super cheap. they get all the ppfd they need on the cobs. the smds just target spectrum and act as ramp up / down, dawn / sunset lights.

the cobs themselves are a targeted even mix of 3000k / 3500k citizen clu048 - h's on both rigs. that's a definite flower bias. with cob you chose a bias and flower wins every time. the veg rig works great even on that bias.

edit : everything was built to be 'full spec' and run for both veg and flower.. both rigs are getting dated though. i'm looking forward to giving this next rig a try.

side light or early seedling light would be appropriate. it'd probably get lost in a 4 x 8.
I thought that may be a possibility too, hence thinking a second panel, and possibly a better one down the track, I've been having heating/cooling issues, which I'm struggling with, with just one 600 hps, is an old house, the interior walls are clad with asbestos sheeting, with a 14ft ceiling, and once the room heat passes 23° Celsius I can't control the heat in the tent.... So with a ventilation upgrade, I'll need hoping, I can run the 2x600 hps at 400w or less and have leds to supplement, then my grow area temperature will be under control but still getting as much light on the ladies! @bluter Your set ups are impressive mate, very tidy, solid job!

Back
Top Bottom