Newbie Question: End Of Week 3 Flower

Ganja Goose

On my 2nd grow with a couple of Chemo plants in soil. One of them showed something I haven't seen before. It't definitely more yellow in color and for all I know it could be normal but I wanted to check with the forum in case it might be the start of a Hermie. This is the best picture I could get - its on the right hand side of the stem in between the two bud sites.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated

GG

Attachments

• chemo2sept162020.png
    chemo2sept162020.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Welcome Ganja Goose to 420 Magazine
I hope you get the male out and save the other girls. There quite a few that save the pollen in another area to make there own seeds ! Follow BeanTownFan420’s guide he gave you in the introduction for frequently asked questions. You started at a great time to start a journal which is in the guide . Happy Growing

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I removed the hermie from the grow tent. I suspect my other Chemo has also fallen to the same fate, but for now I just snipped that branch. Probably just delaying the inevitable.

I'm going to sit down and do some homework on hermie's and try and understand maybe where it went wrong. Not sure if there is any correlation to the timing of the issue with the appearance of the hermie condition?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I removed the hermie from the grow tent. I suspect my other Chemo has also fallen to the same fate, but for now I just snipped that branch. Probably just delaying the inevitable.

I'm going to sit down and do some homework on hermie's and try and understand maybe where it went wrong. Not sure if there is any correlation to the timing of the issue with the appearance of the hermie condition?
I agree with the BeanTownFan you have a male not a hermie it normally shows later in the grow . A male shows earlier in the grow . I’m on lunch break let’s see if @InTheShed is available gonna get my but fired .

Some plants hermie on their own with no input from the environment. Some strains are more sensitive to going hermie than others with small changes to the environment. I had two plants from an accidental cross both hermie earlier this year in completely different grow spaces, so obviously genetic there.

Based on the size of the flowers and the few pistils on each flower, I'd say this was a mutant on its own.

Back
Top Bottom