Nirvana AK-48 Feminized - CFL Only - Closet - Promix Soil

Day 8
FullSizeRender68.jpg

When can u start to top a plant? How long in veg should u do it

My first grow I used garbage soil from the dollar store haha! It was ridden with gnats and was unable to drain well.
Now I have ProMix $28 soil from home depot. This stuff is amazing, drain soooo well, leaves very little moisture on the top, attracts 0% gnats compared to real soil. My plants love this stuff. I am using jungle juice grow-micro-bloom 3 part nutrients at the appropriate levels, watering as little as needed but still just enough.

Here is the secret:

Grow your seedling in a small grow box with CFL while topping.

This will ensure that your plant grows quickly, but stays small, so the space between each node is like 1/2 inch.
Once you have 4 nodes, top to the lowest / healthiest looking node.
I always leave all the other growth for 2-3 days before cleaning it up. Using the same space and same lights I'm projecting to triple my yield if not more. Last plant gave just over 1 ounce of dank dank crystally amazing froot loopy weed.

Do you think it makes a difference on which side the sun visor is? I was wondering because to me they look different on each side and do you think popping the bubble wrap inside would make more of a loose wrinkle mylar effect?

I think it will work the same on both sides. I grew without a reflector, and with it. I'm sure it adds a little bit of lumens into the plant but nothing major, probably like a 5% increase. A much better focus of our attention should be keeping the lights 2-4 inches from the level canopy at all times. This ensures that the plant is feasting on tons of "light calories" all day long.

Back
Top Bottom