600w Hps + CFL + 4 Strains In Soil!

55 to 60 degrees shouldnt hurt at all at night as long as your humidity is not to high. a few folks here Gittergreen and jandre all let cool air in at night so they get that color on their buds. reckon I read that 45 is about as low as you want them to get with out hurting them.

Fair enough there fish, i have always been under the assumption that a 10 degree celcius drop overnight is bad, unless you are hardening them up to go outside.

glad to see you about and posting again though fish :cheer:

---EDIT ---

few folks here Gittergreen and jandre all let cool air in at night so they get that color on their buds.

this above sentence is sort of what im getting at as they actually promote heat stress in the plant to get the colour.

yeah what you said:)

hey mate just read ur journal. nice one.

if u are looking to maximise yield i'd go with less plants. Also try Greenhouse seeds A.M.S i have just harvested 10 plants under 2 600w hps that were vegged for just over 2 weeks and looks like i'll hit 58oz. its super potent too and doesnt grow tall, 3' max, but gets very bushy.

vegging upto 4 months should be no problem at all, especially under cfls. I have mothers that are years old, my AMS mother will be 3 in feb and its 2 foot tall max but very bushy.

if u can, try dutch pro range for soil. it is excellent and cheap. works amazing in soil and coco and run to waste hydro, not very good for recirculating systems but thats not an issue for u. and id run voodoo juice, pirahana, cannazym and carboload as additives for the best roots u could imagine.

anyway just thought id share my thoughts. :peace:

Dang thank for being on top of this popcorn and for letting me ask here! :Namaste:

We are going to be getting a tent in a couple grows and then we will upgrade the ac and use our old ac in the tent. I did check my temps a couple times and always they matched against other thermometers. As far as humidty it was normally around 42% at night during flower unless they needed watered it would be lower.

Maybe it was just a combo of ph/cold/humdity? No way to really prove it for this grow, but I got a pH pen so atleast I will be able to remove one variable. Thanks guys :high-five:

Hey Cultivator thanks for reading and joining in, the more the merrier.

is A.M.S an auto,i have never done autos so i just wanted to experiment with them a little bit, and spoke to xlr8 yesterday and read through his journal and thats what got me onto the Big Bang Auto, but i might change the think diff for A.M.S ive had good results with greenhouse seeds, Cinderella99 is one of my fav all time strains and wanted to do it this time around to check out what femaleseeds is actually like, in comparison to the original strain, i want to do the ultimate again because i think i can work really well with it and have it in my current set-up and is my fav in the current room, and sour cream is a second choice as i wanted sour diesel but its a bit to different than the rest in flower times and bits.

I was thinking about cutting down on some of the autos as im not overly fussed about them but wanted to have a little dabble and see what i think in comparison.

yeah i am hoping height will be fine and if its not i will deal with it then lol but thinking i might wait on the autos and get them to veg 3 weeks before i flip the 4 month veggers and do them alongside in the smaller tent and sort of S.O.G it by putting a few in there and just getting a bit extra, also means i can get that first bit of hands on experience.

Thanks for writing, this is exactly what i want i have my foundation but want to build on it and all knowledge and advice is certainly taken into account.

and yeah 58 from 10 plants is pretty insane, and i will definately have a look into A.M.S.

:welcome: :Namaste: :thanks:

Dang thank for being on top of this popcorn and for letting me ask here! :Namaste:

We are going to be getting a tent in a couple grows and then we will upgrade the ac and use our old ac in the tent. I did check my temps a couple times and always they matched against other thermometers. As far as humidty it was normally around 42% at night during flower unless they needed watered it would be lower.

Maybe it was just a combo of ph/cold/humdity? No way to really prove it for this grow, but I got a pH pen so atleast I will be able to remove one variable. Thanks guys :high-five:

No Problem at all Strickly, always happy to help, dont know loads myself, but 420 wouldnt be 420 if no-one helped each other :high-five:

if u can, try dutch pro range for soil. it is excellent and cheap. works amazing in soil and coco and run to waste hydro, not very good for recirculating systems but thats not an issue for u. and id run voodoo juice, pirahana, cannazym and carboload as additives for the best roots u could imagine.

anyway just thought id share my thoughts. :peace:

Thanks for that aswell, can i get dutch pro in u.k, i have been using Gold Label Special Mix Light for this and would like to stay with it as is phenomenally good but may be a bit to expensive to 24 pots.

also can i use voodoo juice, cannazyme, piranha and carboload along with BPN 8-part high yield system or there 7-part organic range as i am currently trying to order it.

ams isnt an auto, i hate autos, just pointless (maybe apart from big bang) but bigbang regular is better.

Yes i am in uk, and dutch pro is available here. very cheap when compared to top brands but it is excellent. trust me ive been growing on scale for years.

yes u can use those additives, and i always consider root health the most important aspect of plant health. u'll never see small bud off large healthy roots.

Thanks Cultivator nice to know another u.k grower, i know theres aload around just tend not to see to much of them, i will definately look into the dutch pro soil then if its going to save me a fair few quid.

also will have a look into A.M.S maybe replace it with the sour cream.

yeah im not a fan of autos never really got a nice smoke from any ive had off other people but i also dont know how they grow so probably just them and that makes me want to try one to see if it is just them, (the kinda people that are all mouth no results), im just intrigued by that big bang and hearing that Xlr8 got 4.5 oz off of his, makes me think i could prob get 2 each in good conditions and that would bump up my harvest a little.

:cheer:

Thanks TG i am trying to catch up on everyones journals as the last week has set me back a good 100 pages or so in others journals lol, hope all is looking good on your side im hoping to get caught up shortly.

:high-five:

Like others said, don't stress about skipping pages. Who has time to read every page of every journal? LOL
I'll let ya in on a little secret... I didn't read all 29 pages of your journal before posting this reply ;)

Glad to see you soldiered on after losing the first group of seeds. The plants are looking great!

i am using the GLR and my Head is telling me that putting them into darkness before flipping is very logical, as we use the GLR routine to promote the dark period throughout the veg cycle, so adding more darkness to the routine at the end of vegging only seems logical to me as it is just another form of promoting more darkness, and also the Diminishing Light Schedule is there for the same reason and i will also be using that.

So i just look at it as the GLR and DLS are there to promote darkness so why not give them a couple days extra to promote it even more.

I know this is no science and is just my own opinion but just seems logical to me and is what my head says and it hasnt strayed me to wrong yet lol

:420:

IMHO, I wouldn't bother with the 48 hours of darkness before flipping. You're already doing GLR. You said your motivation for the 48 hours of darkness is to increase the dark period. Wouldn't you be doing that by removing the 1 hour of light during the 'night'? Think of it this way. You turned a 5.5 hour dark period into a 12 hour dark period. That's more than doubling the dark period!

Sounds like you're on your way to a nice harvest. I'm subbed to see how it all ends. :cheer:

Thanks Hiker i appreciate the kind words, i know what you mean i had a tendency to subb to loads of journals and then get a bit lost lol but i kinda worked out if i cut down a little bit then i can maintain my own and keep up with others, but some peoples like mr fishys journals fill up 4 pages an hour lol and cant keep up haha :Namaste:

I see what you mean about the 48 hours darkness and TBH i didnt see much difference as i was using GLR so i am unsure which it was that obviously made the most difference, but then if we dont do these things we never know, so i think if i was doing GLR then i wouldnt bother with it but if i was running an 18-6 then i think i would.

Glad to have you on board Hiker.

OH yeah forgot to mention i have been doing DLS and i am currently on 11 - 13 just knocked back 30 mins every 2 weeks from when i flipped.

:thanks:

I am a huge fan of GLR. I have yet to try DLS. I am can not wait to see your plans and labor become fruits. :)

All the ladies had a full feed today, everything seems good little bit of N def but sorta normal getting this far along now.

QUESTION -- When i lifted the power plant up today i noticed that there is probably a root system hanging about 8 inches below the pot, it is very healthy and white and has lots of little feeder roots spreading out, the plant is absolutely healthy and so i am just filling the saucer it is stood with water/feed whenever i water the plants, i just assume this is better than cutting the roots off, i will put a picture up tomorrow, so just wondering if i should trim the roots or leave them as there not exposed to light and seem very healthy.

:goodjob:

All the ladies had a full feed today, everything seems good little bit of N def but sorta normal getting this far along now.

QUESTION -- When i lifted the power plant up today i noticed that there is probably a root system hanging about 8 inches below the pot, it is very healthy and white and has lots of little feeder roots spreading out, the plant is absolutely healthy and so i am just filling the saucer it is stood with water/feed whenever i water the plants, i just assume this is better than cutting the roots off, i will put a picture up tomorrow, so just wondering if i should trim the roots or leave them as there not exposed to light and seem very healthy.

:goodjob:

I trim them when that happens as I do not want to run the risk of an issue on the exposed root making its way into the pot where I can not see it.

Back
Top Bottom