Nirvana AK 48 Grow + Freebies

hanman

Hi this is my first grow since 2007.
Today I received my package from Nirvana shop, After I opened my mail box this morning and saw the package i was so excited and nervous at the same time
the reason is that there were a Customs tape on the pack :yikes: which means it was inspected, I opened the pack and searched and then HA! seeds are there with the freebies :welldone:
super stealthy all i can say :Namaste:

am going to plant 3 AK 48 Fem along with 2 of the freebies. 5 in total
all seeds look fresh and healthy. except of one of the freebies which looks white immature but hey am not complaining :)

my set up

- Seedlings + clones lights = am using T5 150w

- Growing + flowering lights = 400W HPS

- Pots = 20 L

- Medium = Organic Soil

- Fertilizer = Veg pro + flower pro

- seedling + clones Growing space = 60x60x120 cm cabinet with 2 pc fans. also will be used for the mother (keeping 1 ak48 mother only)

- flowering room = 2x2 m basement bathroom with vent straight to the sewer system.

-----------------------------------------------------------

# day 1 , germinating seeds in wet napkins
(Boring!) :confused:

21069.jpg

3980.jpg

4659.jpg

Haha Nice; i get seeds all the time in the mail but never saw a custom sticker go figua. Anyways seeds and set up sounds cherry i'm gonna watch for your updates Rastafari

:welcome:

i get seeds all the time in the mail but never saw a custom sticker go figua

Vampire yeah this is first time that happened to me too.
much love brother.

SmokzAlot thanks for you stopping by and for the good wishes :thanks:

I'll try my best not to screw things up
been long time since i grew anything green actually.
I've chosen ak48 cause i tried it before and I know how it grows and what it needs, its fairly easy to grow it and its almost impossible to over feed.
plus am out of herb and i need a quick finisher. ak48 fills the bill for me.
and am a mild user since I smoke for recreation and after work stress relief.
-------------------------------------------------

back to journal

day #2

about 24 hours passed and all the ak48 seeds has germinated along with 1 of the freebies. the other one didn't crack yet.
now they are in soil and if things went well they should sprout within 24 hours.

Thanks Vampire, :high-five:
am really enjoying this, now I realized how I missed the thrill and fun in growing this plant.
Deferentially will try to keep on growing as long as I can. next grow will be MR. Nice Black Widow(white widow), also one of my old time favorite smoke. and maybe some OG Kush cross? i understand its one of the best smokes in the US. never tried it though.

Hi, i would be a bit warry of the customs tape even more o if the seeds where delivered to the address where your going to grow them so just be carefull as customs now no what was in the envelope so if you had them sent to your own address then next time get them sent to a mates as they may look out for other packages to your address.

anyways good luck with the grow and a great journal so far with great pictures, ive also got a journal and my plants are about a week old now from seed,

happy growing

donpaul.p
i would be a bit warry of the customs tape even more o if the seeds where delivered to the address where your going to grow them

thanks donpaul.p for stopping by and for your helpful thoughts, you are totally right about that.
i was really really worried at first but I think the seeds were will hidden it toke me few minutes to find them. not to mention that am only growing 4 plants which is tolerated here in my country. its for my personal consumption.
So i think am on the safe side :)
I checked your grow and things looks awsome on your side will defentally be following your jornal.
Peace and love :thanks:

thanks, this is my 1st grow in 9 years and this time im using basic cfl's so ill see how it goes, sort of an experiment, my berry bomb seed sprouted today so im hoping it will turn out to be female and give me some nice purple buds, also i lined my grow room with mylar today and its a lot brighter, im just hoping these cfl's are up to the job, ive seen many good grows using cfl's so im hoping ill b ok, and hope your grow goes ok as well, be good to see how the different grows go from start to finish,

hi mate, your plants look really health, as for plant number 3, i had one just like that and thought it would either die or be total mutant, how ever after a few days it started growing as normal and now seems fine, not sure if strain has anything to do with it, mine was northern lights cross big bud femenised, also make sure your plants are not stretching towards the light so keep the light as close as you can to the tops of the plants but keep an eye on temps at the tops of plants if you lower the lights, another thing i did was wire up 2 12v computer fans i found an old 12 adaptor for my old house phone and cut the connector off it, i then joined the wires from the fans to the 1 adaptor and this then give me 2 12v mini fans, i big fan would of been to much and killed the plants so these 12v fans are perfect for getting the stems stronger, you dont want the fans blowing directly on the plants as this will evap the moisture to quick and kill them, so if you get some fans have them blowing away from the plants, i had mine blowing towards the lights so it kept the heat down but this caused just enough of a breeze on my plants to slightly move them, this then strengthend the stems up loads and was noticable after 2 days, also lowering my lights to withing 2 inches of the tops of plants increased leaf production and stopped them stretching, now im using the small cfl bulbs and ive got 6 30 watt cfls in their now above the plants, now the cfls you can hold in your hand for as long as you like and you wont get burned, how ever all 6 been on causes the air around them to get hot so having the fans on lowered the air temp at top of the plants enabling me to lower the lights to withing 2 inches of plants, make sure you have got reflecting surfaces around your plants to increase the light to them, i used mylar blankets on all walls to reflect the light, also make sure the light has a decent reflector reflecting it all back down to the plants, yours probably all ready has this, you could alway get some cfl's yourself that are 6700 kelvin and use these as well.

but to me it looks like your plants are doing great and all been well you should have some very nice female plants, ill keep reading your journal and see how your getting on, but so far so good mate, keep up the good work

hi mate, your plants look really health, as for plant number 3, i had one just like that and thought it would either die or be total mutant, how ever after a few days it started growing as normal and now seems fine, not sure if strain has anything to do with it, mine was northern lights cross big bud femenised, also make sure your plants are not stretching towards the light so keep the light as close as you can to the tops of the plants but keep an eye on temps at the tops of plants if you lower the lights, another thing i did was wire up 2 12v computer fans i found an old 12 adaptor for my old house phone and cut the connector off it, i then joined the wires from the fans to the 1 adaptor and this then give me 2 12v mini fans, i big fan would of been to much and killed the plants so these 12v fans are perfect for getting the stems stronger, you dont want the fans blowing directly on the plants as this will evap the moisture to quick and kill them, so if you get some fans have them blowing away from the plants, i had mine blowing towards the lights so it kept the heat down but this caused just enough of a breeze on my plants to slightly move them, this then strengthend the stems up loads and was noticable after 2 days, also lowering my lights to withing 2 inches of the tops of plants increased leaf production and stopped them stretching, now im using the small cfl bulbs and ive got 6 30 watt cfls in their now above the plants, now the cfls you can hold in your hand for as long as you like and you wont get burned, how ever all 6 been on causes the air around them to get hot so having the fans on lowered the air temp at top of the plants enabling me to lower the lights to withing 2 inches of plants, make sure you have got reflecting surfaces around your plants to increase the light to them, i used mylar blankets on all walls to reflect the light, also make sure the light has a decent reflector reflecting it all back down to the plants, yours probably all ready has this, you could alway get some cfl's yourself that are 6700 kelvin and use these as well.

but to me it looks like your plants are doing great and all been well you should have some very nice female plants, ill keep reading your journal and see how your getting on, but so far so good mate, keep up the good work

Thanks donpaul.p for having the time to write me!
that was quite an informative read brother :reading420magazine:
I just replaced my lights with 2 cfl and did what you suggested.
here is a photo of the final result also forgot to mention that the temp is 25c
tell me what do you think?

2012-03-22_01_21_01.jpg

looks good mate, nice fan as well, always helps having some movement of air, just try and make sure you move them to bigger pots when they start growing slightly more, i had mine in pots slightly bigger than yours and when i transplanted them the roots where growing out the holes in the bottom and when i took the plants out the roots where running all around the pot so they could of been transplanted a bit sooner, make sure your pots have got drain holes to stop water standing in the bottom as it will cause root rot, when i transplanted mine the smallest plant had only just got the next leaves after the round seed leaves and even this had roots running all around the pot and at the bottom of the pot so just bare that in mind when you move them to bigger pots, i put mine in 3gallon pots and ill keep them in them to flower, they start growing a lot quicker after they get a few leaves on them so cant wait till the get up and growing fast,

one thing i done wrong was water them to much, this stunts the growth and slows down the leaf growth and can cause them to stretch so when they was in small pots i started watering them every 2 or 3 days, i poured the water in very slowly at the top and when it started draining out the bottom of the pots i stopped and then i felt the weight of the pot then i didnt water them untill they felt light or after 2 or 3 days, what i found was a good idea was to fill an extra pot with dry compost the same as your using with the plants in then that way you can compare the weight of the dry pot to the weight of the pots with the plants in, since i stopped watering so much they really started growing, ive just started adding nutes now at half strength and will build this up to full strength over next week or so,

im still learning loads and learn something new every day, i cant wait to see how these grows turn out and hopefully we have both got some very nice female plants,

Ha ha ha,,,,thanks bro :)
i subbed to your thread, man your lady is amazing, one of the best grows i've ever seen so far:bravo:
the highest yield i achieved from ak48 was almost 3oz from one plant.
which equals one branch of yours lol
thanks for stopping by brother.
youve inspired me,
maybe by the end of the year i will try to overgrow the mother that will be keeping from this run.

Peace:peace:
:Namaste:

Good Day Ladies and Gents,
been a crazy week for me, lots of work that required over time, so been really exhausted, but the good thing is that i have a 15 day off work!
now back to the journal,
today is the 18th day since germination, and everything is going according the plan. three days ago I moved the girls to their final destination .
They were planted in 25L pots not 20 as i thought they were, since they swallowed 2 50L bags of soil. I did an hour before the lights go off, to give them a break so they can adjust less the shock, I also added just a little bit of root inducing powder to the water so they would bounce back quick, and sure enough they did they bounced back with vengeance !
am so glad with the results.
also today i topped the mystery freebie. since its been growing so fast in an alarming state.
maybe the day after tomorrow i will top the rest.
here are some pics.

Day #12

2012-03-27_21_55_11.jpg

2012-03-27_21_55_32.jpg

2012-03-27_21_56_33.jpg

2012-03-27_21_57_03.jpg

Day #18

2012-04-02_10_22_54.jpg

2012-04-02_10_23_21.jpg

2012-04-02_10_23_39.jpg

2012-04-02_10_23_48.jpg

Back