Nitrogen toxicity right?

Stoxs

420 Member
Just to confirm - this is nitrogen toxicity right? the plant on the far left. the other 2 are almost ready for harvest, showing signs of amber tricombs.

Ive flushed it once already, with about 3 times the volume of the pot, PH 6.3/6.5 water

I plan on giving bloom nutrients again next time, will it survive? It started flowering a month later then the sweet tooth, its a Sativa: CBD silver haze. No bud formation yet. It happened in like 1-2 weeks time. Should i give it some epsom salt or cal-mag as well? or quit that too? any other tips would be helpful. Thanks all for your time. This is my first grow btw. be gentle =)

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_215449.jpg
    IMG_20200229_215449.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200312_215657.jpg
    IMG_20200312_215657.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
I think so! My sativa heavy's get that way towards the end if I'm not careful! I wasn't noticing I was using 2-0-0 cal/mag for some time, I switched to 1-0-0 so I can control my N better in the end as well as cut back on the N portion of my feed. Mine weren't that curled, but what did it for me was just feeding cal/mag and vinegar water, no feed at all for two weeks. CHeers, gl! :yahoo:

I think so! My sativa heavy's get that way towards the end if I'm not careful! I wasn't noticing I was using 2-0-0 cal/mag for some time, I switched to 1-0-0 so I can control my N better in the end as well as cut back on the N portion of my feed. Mine weren't that curled, but what did it for me was just feeding cal/mag and vinegar water, no feed at all for two weeks. CHeers, gl! :yahoo:

Thanks a bunch for the story and tip - can you explain a bitmore? so you fed it how much calmag per litr/gal?
Vineger? I did use very little to help balance ph, but have sinced switched to lemon squeeze.

So for a week or 2 what "recipe" do you recommend? im open to anything at this point to save the grow.

Well, I use 3tsp of cal/mag and 4tsp of vinegar every gallon of water I pour, regardless of whether I'm adding nutes or not.

Cal/Mag: There is natural cal/mag in water but not very much, so we need to supplement, and LED cause cal/mag uptake to increase, so we need MORE supplement! 3tsp is a bit more than what is suggested (maybe twice as much) but I find some of my plants need extra and it doesn't seem to bother the ones that don't. I'm way to lazy to mix individual batches unless absolutely necessary!

Here's the important part for our conversation. The cal/mag i started with was 2-0-0 nitrogen/phosphorus/potassium. I have a certain heavier sativa strain that grows tall and lanky, it seems to be more sensitive and I get that curl (not as pronounced). I attributed it to N toxicity as you have, and decided when I ran out it was a good time to drop to the 1-0-0 cal/mag so I can have more control of my N restriction towards the end of the grow.

Vinegar: My soil PH starts around 7 but tends to track upwards into the high 7's if I don't treat it, which is expected. Weed plants like soil around 7. My water (well) PH is between 7.5 and 7.8 (originally tested with a pool tester on sale at walmart for 2 bucks - I still don't own a PH pen!) which naturally pushes everything up to that level right? So that's where the vinegar comes in, its cheap and pretty stable, brings my water down to more like mid 6's which in turn helps keep the soil PH down. I'm typically able to keep my soil PH at 7 with all this.

Recipe: My suggestion would be to let the curling plants dry till they are light as a feather. Like drooping, and not just curling. let the bottoms be starting to sag. They are wilting but not dying I promise! Then just cal/mag and PH'd water for the entire two weeks, watering to about 10% runoff into a container below, allowing the plants to dry excessively in between feedings. This should give your girls plenty of time to work through the extra N.

Disclaimer: Hang out and read up, lots of WAY smarter and experienced pot brains will chime in with possible other takes soon as there are many ways to skin a stinky green cat.

Well, I use 3tsp of cal/mag and 4tsp of vinegar every gallon of water I pour, regardless of whether I'm adding nutes or not.

Cal/Mag: There is natural cal/mag in water but not very much, so we need to supplement, and LED cause cal/mag uptake to increase, so we need MORE supplement! 3tsp is a bit more than what is suggested (maybe twice as much) but I find some of my plants need extra and it doesn't seem to bother the ones that don't. I'm way to lazy to mix individual batches unless absolutely necessary!

Here's the important part for our conversation. The cal/mag i started with was 2-0-0 nitrogen/phosphorus/potassium. I have a certain heavier sativa strain that grows tall and lanky, it seems to be more sensitive and I get that curl (not as pronounced). I attributed it to N toxicity as you have, and decided when I ran out it was a good time to drop to the 1-0-0 cal/mag so I can have more control of my N restriction towards the end of the grow.

Vinegar: My soil PH starts around 7 but tends to track upwards into the high 7's if I don't treat it, which is expected. Weed plants like soil around 7. My water (well) PH is between 7.5 and 7.8 (originally tested with a pool tester on sale at walmart for 2 bucks - I still don't own a PH pen!) which naturally pushes everything up to that level right? So that's where the vinegar comes in, its cheap and pretty stable, brings my water down to more like mid 6's which in turn helps keep the soil PH down. I'm typically able to keep my soil PH at 7 with all this.

Recipe: My suggestion would be to let the curling plants dry till they are light as a feather. Like drooping, and not just curling. let the bottoms be starting to sag. They are wilting but not dying I promise! Then just cal/mag and PH'd water for the entire two weeks, watering to about 10% runoff into a container below, allowing the plants to dry excessively in between feedings. This should give your girls plenty of time to work through the extra N.

Disclaimer: Hang out and read up, lots of WAY smarter and experienced pot brains will chime in with possible other takes soon as there are many ways to skin a stinky green cat.

I will get back once it settles down. Thank you very very much for this detailed and clear explanation. I just watered it the 3rd time after the flush, used a low dose of flowering nuts and cal/mag

will post pictures once i t heals up a little more . buds are forming

Back
Top Bottom