Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

yep you are on the mend now looking good:thumb:

It's been now 5 days since flushing and, today, both plants look a bit more pale. I did water them today and had a ph in at 5,5 and ph out at . Hope they just look thirsty and will be back in better shape in the next days.

I am now at 34 days for plant A :
103_4217.JPG
103_4218.JPG
103_4220.JPG

and 25 days for plant B :
103_4221.JPG
103_4224.JPG

It really does look like N deficiency to me....Up the Grow nutes if the upper leaves start to go yellow too...Anyone agree?....
But ther may be a reason you're experiencing N Def., and it could be your PH is off. Are you sure your PH meter is calibrated correctly?

It really does look like N deficiency to me....Up the Grow nutes if the upper leaves start to go yellow too...Anyone agree?....
But ther may be a reason you're experiencing N Def., and it could be your PH is off. Are you sure your PH meter is calibrated correctly?

yeah..thats what i was worried about. i said earlier that it looks like a deficiency on top of burn, but it might just be cause roots are hurt..he should wait it out a bit longer..they are growing rapidly.

if you want to start feeding again, do it at 1/4 strength or less, once a week.

coco does require a regimen if compost wasnt used..

u're getting some good advice here. just don't expect INSTANT results. btw, pyrithium(spelling) sprayed, lightly, once a week & u won't get bugs to begin with. just my 2 cents.

You could be right. For PH testing, I only have a test bottle, not very accurate but I now water with 5.5 ph going in. Yesterday, water coming out was in the 6,25-6,5 range.

yeah..thats what i was worried about. i said earlier that it looks like a deficiency on top of burn, but it might just be cause roots are hurt..he should wait it out a bit longer..they are growing rapidly.

if you want to start feeding again, do it at 1/4 strength or less, once a week.

coco does require a regimen if compost wasnt used..

I had compost from hydro store, but dont know if it was really rich in nutrients or not.
I must say that I gave them nutrients yesterday but at a really low dose. 1/4 strength.

oh, & u're rh could be uped to 50/60% during veg. & about 40% in flower. just a thought.

My relative humidity is a bit low ( 35% - 50% ). I will set the humidifier I already have in there on max.

I also have a few questions for the pros in here :

After I water and I measure ph coming out, does ph in coco can go up from day to day by itself? Because it looks like that, ph is always a bit higher it seems after a few days. When I flushed, it was close to 5,8 then, yeasterday, even if my water was at 5,5, the medium was more in the 5,8-6,2 range.

What would be the normal time frame for node to node growth? Right now, plant A is having a new node every 4 days, is that slow or normal growth?

Thanks in advance to everyone for the help.

After I water and I measure ph coming out, does ph in coco can go up from day to day by itself? Because it looks like that, ph is always a bit higher it seems after a few days. When I flushed, it was close to 5,8 then, yeasterday, even if my water was at 5,5, the medium was more in the 5,8-6,2 range.

What would be the normal time frame for node to node growth? Right now, plant A is having a new node every 4 days, is that slow or normal growth?

yes. plant food in general adds to the acidity (lower number) as your plant eats the food there is less acids in there and the PH rises.
if you had the right equipment you would also see the ec and the ppms dropping appropriatly too, you would be able to tell from your run off not only if your in the right ph range but how hungry your plants are or if there is plenty of food in the soil.

i dont know enough to give an accurate answer, but a node every 4 days sounds good to me, im figuring not far off normal. i think they can go a fair bit faster than that, but there are LOTS of variables, chief of which is the strain and pheno. you could order the same seeds again and grow the same way, but a different pheno mother (same strain name) and have a different node rate to the one you got now.

just enjoy that they are growing and surviving =)

and beg borrow and steal if you have to. you need electronic PH testing ability. it seems your getting precise numbers but if your base line is off by even a 1/4 of a ph all your calculations could be wrong.

untill you can test beyond a shadow of a doubt...advice for n def this and p def e.t.c could all be something entirely different such as simple lock out or too much uptake of one is preventing another.

are you using chemicals to feed or are you caring for life forms in your medium?

if i inherited you plant i would immediatly start it on a low strenght BPN schedule at ph 5.5 with h2o2 for airation and i would drown the hell out of it to remove any trace of past feeding habbits, and then i would water well every other day with a similar mix, maybe incresing the strength as i go.

water was at 5,5, the medium was more in the 5,8-6,2 range.

thats text book perfect my friend.

in an ideal world your medium should be just about dry as it hits that 6.2 maybe even as far as 6.4 and then water it back to 5.5

this is the right way your using. it allows the plant to get its food in the whole range of good ph's.

yes. plant food in general adds to the acidity (lower number) as your plant eats the food there is less acids in there and the PH rises.
if you had the right equipment you would also see the ec and the ppms dropping appropriatly too, you would be able to tell from your run off not only if your in the right ph range but how hungry your plants are or if there is plenty of food in the soil.

i dont know enough to give an accurate answer, but a node every 4 days sounds good to me, im figuring not far off normal. i think they can go a fair bit faster than that, but there are LOTS of variables, chief of which is the strain and pheno. you could order the same seeds again and grow the same way, but a different pheno mother (same strain name) and have a different node rate to the one you got now.

just enjoy that they are growing and surviving =)

Thanks for all the valuable infos!

and beg borrow and steal if you have to. you need electronic PH testing ability. it seems your getting precise numbers but if your base line is off by even a 1/4 of a ph all your calculations could be wrong.

untill you can test beyond a shadow of a doubt...advice for n def this and p def e.t.c could all be something entirely different such as simple lock out or too much uptake of one is preventing another.

are you using chemicals to feed or are you caring for life forms in your medium?

if i inherited you plant i would immediatly start it on a low strenght BPN schedule at ph 5.5 with h2o2 for airation and i would drown the hell out of it to remove any trace of past feeding habbits, and then i would water well every other day with a similar mix, maybe incresing the strength as i go.

You just convinced me to get an electronic PH meter!
I'm right now using General Hydroponics flora series for feeding, with 1/4 strength for now but will increase a bit next time.
Is it better to water less more often or to water more less often? Because right now, I'm watering every 4-5 days, from what your last post says, I think I'm better with more less often because we want the ph to move along the good range from 5.5 to 6.2,6,3 to maximize nutrients absorbtion. Am I right?

thats text book perfect my friend.

in an ideal world your medium should be just about dry as it hits that 6.2 maybe even as far as 6.4 and then water it back to 5.5

this is the right way your using. it allows the plant to get its food in the whole range of good ph's.

It's reassuring to know that I'm doing at least some things right!

Thanks you very much GiGaBaNe. Things are starting to be clear.

yes water the whole medium very wet and then leave it dry out. the more oxygen you get into your water, the less you need to be afraid of 'wet feet' (overwatering is actually mostly the roots suffocating from lack of o2).
but with normal levels of o2 in your water they do like to spend most of their time on the dryer side to breath.

its very important to make sure the medium is evenly wetted or you can cause dry spots. this can cause areas in your soil where the PH is well different and can also hurt and stress roots.

Well, they're still alive and A is looking a little better. Strange that the new growth is on the bottom, but better than no new growth.

Sorry I haven't been much help, I grow in soil and don't know the intricacies of coco. Looks like you're in good hands with GiGaBaNe though. +Reps to both of you. You for sticking with it and GiGaBaNe for helping out.

New growth is coming from the top and also, from the bottom at the junction between the nodes and the stem. It is still pale but the photo is very bright so a bit deceiving.

Don't be sorry, the numbers make the power of this forum with so many people growing so many different ways...

You are right about GiGaBaNe, he really made me understand medium ph better today!

Have a good one!

Back
Top Bottom