Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

new growth looking a lot better. im glad you took some of my advice :)

Not a problem, This forum is all about helping each other.
I asked the man OMM on his thread for help for you.
Im sure someone will drive by and help you out.
If you add your grow journal to your sig and post on some other journals
im sure you would get more help that way also.
Lots of good people on here, Ive made a few friends
and amazed at how they grow large plants inside and out.

I heard about your issues over on OMM's thread.It looks to me like overwatering. do you let the medium dry out before you water them? It also looks like a nitrogen defficiency, how much are you feeding them and how often? you started to feed them really early to, they usually dont need anything until the 3rd or 4th node. I would ask Cultivator to be sure though, hes the local coco guru around here, im sure he can point you in the right direction. I ll go let him know to have a look:)

just had a look.
seems like they are practically burning from birth.
couple of things to check.

Your PH meter - is it callibrated properly
the pics on page 1 when very small were with no nutes right, just water?
cheap coco? you have to take care with coco because lesser ones can arrive very salty and need washing out really well.

and to my knowledge its 5.8 hydro 6.3 soil just as an afterthought

hopefully someone like cult can narrow it down some more for you =)

Today, at day 26 since starting germination, both plants look better and better.

Plant A leafs are pointing more and more horizontally and Plant B seems to have almost completly recovered from her stuned state she had last week.

Here is a photo update :

Plant A day 21 :
103_4098.JPG
103_4097.JPG
103_4092.JPG

Plant B day 12 :
103_4095.JPG
103_4096.JPG

Benn having lots of fun watching those girls evolve and grow.

Looks like a nutrient burn to me. Try using nutes at 1/4 recommended dose, tops, for awhile. See if that helps.

I agree with the N diff and that bug(dont know what it is)you probably dont need.I would take measures to rid yourself of him and any friends he may have. good luck.
bug killer homemade
3 cigarettes
a tsp of cayanne pepper powder
put in a pot of boiling water and turn the heat off and let it steep till it cools strain and sprayem down real good. repeat everyother day for a week:)

I'm no "heavy hitter" or anything, but thought I'd take a look at your issues over here. +Rep to WildBill for recruiting help from the rest of the community to help you out as well.
That little spider you have is just a house spider, which may or may not eat the other bugs in your grow, nothing to worry about IMO; Although I dont tend to allow any bugs in mine except for lady bugs.

I agree with the other guys that your plants look to have a bit of nute burn. You may want to ramp the nutes down to 1/4 or 1/2 strength from whatever doseage you've been giving them. A flush amy be in order, too...I'm not a coco guy either, so hopefully someone with more experience in that department will chime in. Good luck with your grow!:Namaste:

P.S.
Whatever measures you take to correct the plants, Be patient. We all have a tendancy to "over love" our plants when we feel something is wrong. Back off the nutes, and stand back n watch. Give it a week or so before you get discouraged. If they DON'T get better in a week or so, then you may have a bigger problem. Cross that bridge when you come to it:Namaste:

I agree with the N diff and that bug(dont know what it is)you probably dont need.I would take measures to rid yourself of him and any friends he may have. good luck.
bug killer homemade
3 cigarettes
a tsp of cayanne pepper powder
put in a pot of boiling water and turn the heat off and let it steep till it cools strain and sprayem down real good. repeat everyother day for a week:)

From that picture, it looks like a spider, certainly not a spider mite. Spiders aren't going to hurt the plant, they eat other insects. Though, you probably don't want it making a web on your plant. That would be a pain, maybe literally if it bites you.

Another thing I noticed is your PH does sound a bit high. Being that coco is a "soiless" medium, you're actually doing a form of hydro.

Here is a pretty well known chart that better demonstrated the plants needs in both soil, and hydro.
ph_nutrient_availability_both1.gif

As you can see, in coco your PH would idealy be a bit lower. There is a wealth of info out there on pH, just gotta spend a lot of time reading to better understand it before I give anymore advice...GL:Namaste:

She's burning up. Cut the nutes for a few weeks altogether. Are u on bloom nutes or using calmag and tapwater? Looks like p toxicity possible mag as well. Give a small flush next water let it get a little drier than usual and give water again. Then start on 1/4 strength at most. I personally would use just PhD water til I saw a bit of yellowing starting to show on the old growth then start 1/4 strength.
Goodluck! :peace:.

hey mate.

what brand is coco, did it contain starter nutes? what exactly are u feeding? how much/how often? what ph range u running?

so u want to allow ur coco to dry out between waterings and dont over saturate wen watering. u only need a very small amount of run off. and water every few days as opposed to every day. if its cheap coco with high salt content, get a bottle drip clean from house and garden. that will rinse salts out and give a vitality boost. ph to 5.5 in veg. coco ph runs the same as complete hydro just about.

Hey klangelier and Wildbill I just got here, but now you don't need me any more. :peace:

I am on Hawaii time, so all the great people that jumped in to help saw your post before I did. That's why I love 420, so many people are here to help. Thanks everyone. Looks like they have you on track now.:420::peace:

Back
Top Bottom