Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial

Hey king john I've been researching top fed seven and have seen some of the prices for small setups. Small setups ate not What I'm looking for though. I really want to build my own 20-25 plant setup. I understand the Basics but really need info on where to buy just the buckets designed for top fed seven without breaking the bank. Also, any good info,pics, or books on commercial seven would help greatly.

I'm a new grower so take that into consideration:
I followed the Gen Hydro instructions on page 1 exactly. After several weeks my plants all looked badly burned. I'm in 7 gal. pots using rockwool gro-cubes. I feed with DTW. The plants didn't needed watering between feedings. I bought meters and started measuring my nut' solutions and my runoff.The solution was approx. 1000 PPM and 6.1 PH. But my runoff was down around 5.3 PH and up to 2000 PPM. After a good flush, I now feed with a weaker solution and use water-only adjusted to 6.1 PH for every other "feeding". The burn is not appearing on new growth and all plants look much better. IMO, the recommended schedules both here and on the bottles are too hot. Maybe if you DTW and have a ton of runoff, it would be OK. I try for about 25% runoff and that amount didn't keep the PH or EC where it needs to be. YMMV.

Hey king john I've been researching top fed seven and have seen some of the prices for small setups. Small setups ate not What I'm looking for though. I really want to build my own 20-25 plant setup. I understand the Basics but really need info on where to buy just the buckets designed for top fed seven without breaking the bank. Also, any good info,pics, or books on commercial seven would help greatly.

Welcome to 420 Magazine thebizz420!

Here is a 420 Magazine sponsor who carries many parts that you may need for your project build.

I'm a new grower so take that into consideration:
I followed the Gen Hydro instructions on page 1 exactly. After several weeks my plants all looked badly burned. I'm in 7 gal. pots using rockwool gro-cubes. I feed with DTW. The plants didn't needed watering between feedings. I bought meters and started measuring my nut' solutions and my runoff.The solution was approx. 1000 PPM and 6.1 PH. But my runoff was down around 5.3 PH and up to 2000 PPM. After a good flush, I now feed with a weaker solution and use water-only adjusted to 6.1 PH for every other "feeding". The burn is not appearing on new growth and all plants look much better. IMO, the recommended schedules both here and on the bottles are too hot. Maybe if you DTW and have a ton of runoff, it would be OK. I try for about 25% runoff and that amount didn't keep the PH or EC where it needs to be. YMMV.

When my plants are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth I begin using 1/4 strength nutrients and gradually over multiple watering increase until I am using full strength nutrients.

When my plants are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth I begin using 1/4 strength nutrients and gradually over multiple watering increase until I am using full strength nutrients.

Agreed. That's pretty much what I did. The only thing I can think of is I didn't have enough runoff to flush out the old crap and it built up. Dunno - just speculation.

As an addition to my post above, my plant have root aphids. The weird thing is, they look much better now than they did. So IDK if the aphids were part of the problem, or not. Lots of flushing with plain water seemed to do the trick, which is why I suspect it is/was the feeding.

Since I'm new to this, every day is a learning experience.

Agreed. That's pretty much what I did. The only thing I can think of is I didn't have enough runoff to flush out the old crap and it built up. Dunno - just speculation.

As an addition to my post above, my plant have root aphids. The weird thing is, they look much better now than they did. So IDK if the aphids were part of the problem, or not. Lots of flushing with plain water seemed to do the trick, which is why I suspect it is/was the feeding.

Since I'm new to this, every day is a learning experience.

For soil insects I use diatomaceous earth on top of the soil as a barrier, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. Mosquito dunks can also be used as a soil drench for fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for fungus gnats and other soil insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

https://www.homedepot.com Mosquito Dunks 6 Pack

https://www.sierranaturalscience.com natural-pesticides SNS-203

Thanks KJC!
I am using dunks (BTi) but thet don't work on root aphids. From what I've read they can be about the worst pest there is to get rid of. Most of the really effective solutions involve the worst of the systemic poisons, and I won't use them. Pyrethrum apears to be effective as a foliar (about as nasty as I'm willing to use), but down in the roots, they are much more difficult to fight. I hate it, but I'm using Azamax as a drench ... and hoping it kills them, but not me. :(

What nutes will I need for hydroponics? (I'm also planning to grow peppers/tomatoes in my hydroponic system if that complicated things a little)
Is Advanced Nutrient Micro/grow/bloom all I need? Or do I need something extra for tomatoes.
Or is Bio Nova Hydro Supermix also fine. (cheaper than Advanced Nutrient)

You may use the Advanced Nutrient Micro/Grow/Bloom if you wish, 3 part nutrients allow more flexibility for all stages of growth rather than 1 part nutrients that may not be specifically designed for your plants. Depending on your light source and water source you may also require a calcium and magnesium supplement for your peppers and tomatoes.

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5-8 milliliters or 1-1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

i have a local liquid fertilizer of N: 8% P: 6% K:6% and all are W/V and on the label it is said to add 2 cm3 per liter water

do you think it is enough !? or what ?!

Welcome to 420 Magazine Ahmedtareks! Have you previously grown any plants with the local liquid fertilizer to determine how strong the fertilizer strength is in relations to general plants you may have grown? The local liquid fertilizer with 8-6-6 N-P-K May be suitable for vegetative growth. I would start your local liquid fertilizer at 3/4 strength and watch your plants for any yellowing/browning leaf tips which is a sign of nutrient burn and you should slightly reduce the nutrient strength. Depending on your water source you may also require a calcium and magnesium supplement.

Hi Everybody,

I am new here and excited to start my first grow in a spacebucket. I have one question regarding nutrients. I an´m going to grow in coco coir and will therefore give the plant all nutrients through water. I have got the following nuts:

1L Canna Coco A
1L Canna Coco B
500ML Plant Magic plus Magne-Cal +

Can anyone please tell me if that is enough for all stages of growing (Seeding, Vegative and flowering stage)? And how much dosage to use through all stages?

Please help a newcomer to this fantastic community.

Happy Growing everyone!
image110005.JPG

Hi Everybody,

I am new here and excited to start my first grow in a spacebucket. I have one question regarding nutrients. I an´m going to grow in coco coir and will therefore give the plant all nutrients through water. I have got the following nuts:

1L Canna Coco A
1L Canna Coco B
500ML Plant Magic plus Magne-Cal +

Can anyone please tell me if that is enough for all stages of growing (Seeding, Vegative and flowering stage)? And how much dosage to use through all stages?

Please help a newcomer to this fantastic community.

Happy Growing everyone!
image110005.JPG

I'm using this on my current grow, this will work right the way through from veg to bloom. You may wanna add a bloom booster after flip. That's what I have done and she's looking good.
Start with 1/4 strength and see how they do, any sign of tip burn lower it back down.
I personally don't start nutes until I feel they need it, sign of deficiency. PPM and PH pens are a must if you haven't already them. Gd luck :)

Back
Top Bottom