Oatbakes' Aerogarden White Dwarf + Lowryder First Time Indoor Grow

Re: Oatbakes' aerogarden white dwarf+lowryder first time indoor grow

i got no coco, i got about 5 inches of compost in the top part that the plant starts in, then when i see the roots poking out the bottom i fill the res with nutrients and water, then i leave it be, my plants are drinking a whole res every 24 hours, so i have to keep on top of it, i fill the res nearly all the way with nutrients then feed the rest through the compost, now dont get scare me mate, ive not had any problems yet and these plants are growing like crazy, 12-12 from seed and nearly 3 ft high, way bigger than my other plants in a whole lot less time, im not having any nute issues, i have been feeding the highest bpn feed for the last few weeks and not getting any signs of nute bur or lock out, they just keep getting bigger and bigger, at least 3 inches a day mate, so i got roots in the top part and roots in the bottom part, and its growing like crazy, its what i did last time as well, and i got 20g off the plant as 1 bud, but that plant was no where near as big as these 2, these just wont stop growing, but they got to stop soon cuz ive got about 1ft left to raise the light before i need to mount it to the ceiling,

dont tell me im doing something wrong mate, everything seems to be going well, id say very well mate

i got no problems with my last hempie and im getting none with these, id say these plants are growing a whole lot quicker than any plants i have grown in pots, are you telling me i could get better results using something like coco, not sure i want better results, ive only got floor to celing height so dont think i could have anything growing faster than this, if i did id need to use a smaller res to lower the plant height and also fit some fittings to the roof so i can raise the light even more,

i dont have a clue what is right or better with this kind of growing, but i can tell you that part soil/part water is really common in nature.

just think about the sheer size of this planet and how many underground rivers, waterfilled air pockets and rockpool style mineral baths are under everything! i think that not just our plant, but generally all plant life will have had some history growing like this =)

id say mines working to well mate, i cant get them to slow down, their 3 ft high nearly now and growing at least 3 inches a day, the res is empty every 18 hours, if only 1 was growing like this then id say it was the strain, but 1 is afgan skunk and the other is reseva privada sour kush, both are growing exactly the same, the leaves are bigger than a dinner plant, and 12-12 from seed as well, if they grow this fast under 12-12 from seed then i cant wait to try a normal grow with them, just got to hope the clones root.

honestly mate they are growing to well, ive never seen plants grow this quick before, my other hempie did not grow like this, im starting to have doubts about the yield as well, the nodes are really far apart, so im hoping now its starts flower the nodes will get closer together as the plant slows down in growth so it might give me a good yield, i just cant figure out why both are growing like this, like i said if 1 was then id say it was the strain, but both are growing like this, both seeds where purchased months apart and came in breeders packaging so i know it was not mixed up.
the only thing i have done different this time is to go full strength with bpn, before when the roots hit the res i worked my way through each schedule based on age of the plant, but as all my other plants are in full flower i have been mixing the nutes up to the least bpn feeding schedule, so my hempies got this as well, at first id fill half the res with the nute mix then fill the other half with water, doing this i could check for nute problems, i got none so upped the dose, and its now getting the same nutes as the plants i have in the last stages of flower, im getting no nute problems what so ever,

hey guys! fucking power cut yesterday, cutting there light period dow from 16 - 12 !!! and the temps went down to 52f!! f f f f f lippin hell!

so ive got my tent squeezed into a wooden shed outside but its too hot in the day and quite obviously too cold at night. i have the 4 65w cfls in there which are obviously the root of the over heating, i cant even switch the two red ones on as they give off twice the heat of the blues. any suggestions? ive got a pc fan and a little 240v extractor pulling air out. reason i got the two pulling air is because i turn the big one off with the lights for heat and stealth reasons and ive got 2 clip on fans, 1 next to the bottom air intake blowing accross the aero and another keaping the seedlings breezy (just a tickle). i know i need to duct the air from the extractor to a hole in the shed but would using the pc as an intake fuck up my extractor? un equal pressures? what i really need to do is fork out for another led and remove the CFLs but with the twat housemate doin a runner im well out of pocket.

where i am (uk) we are having some pretty warm weather finally which definitely wont last forever so when it does go down perhaps i wont have such a big problem and then i could just run a longer light schedule to combat the cooling.

how is everyone anyway? decided the Hempie thing?

hey guys! fucking power cut yesterday, cutting there light period dow from 16 - 12 !!! and the temps went down to 52f!! f f f f f lippin hell!

so ive got my tent squeezed into a wooden shed outside but its too hot in the day and quite obviously too cold at night. i have the 4 65w cfls in there which are obviously the root of the over heating, i cant even switch the two red ones on as they give off twice the heat of the blues. any suggestions? ive got a pc fan and a little 240v extractor pulling air out. reason i got the two pulling air is because i turn the big one off with the lights for heat and stealth reasons and ive got 2 clip on fans, 1 next to the bottom air intake blowing accross the aero and another keaping the seedlings breezy (just a tickle). i know i need to duct the air from the extractor to a hole in the shed but would using the pc as an intake fuck up my extractor? un equal pressures? what i really need to do is fork out for another led and remove the CFLs but with the twat housemate doin a runner im well out of pocket.

where i am (uk) we are having some pretty warm weather finally which definitely wont last forever so when it does go down perhaps i wont have such a big problem and then i could just run a longer light schedule to combat the cooling.

Oatbakes

Just popped in to check you out. Looks like things are going great all around! I am happy for you!

As Jandre said "nice recovery" I was thinking at least one was doomed, well done.

Good luck

Oatbakes

Just popped in to check you out. Looks like things are going great all around! I am happy for you!

As Jandre said "nice recovery" I was thinking at least one was doomed, well done.

Good luck

Cheers me ol mate! did some trimming of the sicky girl and took off some lower bud sites (under the canopy) and vaped! i know its a bit early to say but........tasted all the better being my own! you got any suggestions to my post Buckshot?

When your lights go off tonight... cut the lights off for 24 hours... Then, run them at NIGHT, so you're heating them at night, and not heating during the day... That's the only thing I can think of. Basically, once the 24 hours is over, turn them on when they should have been going off...

shame your having such trouble with the heat bro. im in the south UK also and although its been quite warm ive had temps of around 70-80f in my attic with all my (not so much) lights on 24h.

i have sliced the black tar sheet in my roof and if it gets too hot i just lift up a roof tile for a bit..instant chimney! =D

i dont use grow tents as i like my house quite warm (by human standards) and my plants have to learn to live with me as far as im concerned, lol.

i use no extraction whatsoever and the only reason i use a fan at all is to move the plants and maybe help them to breath some moving co2 in the air.

when my downstairs is open to ventilation, you could fly a kite in the updraft into the attic, i got all the airflow i could need.

and of course Jandre has given you the most obvious and best possible solution without paying a penny more....hell depending on your location and tarrif, you may even save money as electric is cheaper at nite =D

i agree with jandre, give the plants the 24 hours of dark then have it running so the lights are on at night and off in the day, the only problem is you will need to make sure all gaps are filled as the daylight will get in so you would need to check this, it might be a lot of work though, the other problem is that having the light on at night might draw unwanted attention, so again and gaps where light can come out will need covering to make sure the light dont shine out any gaps.

now you asked about the difference in pressure with the fans, i dont think it would be to much of a problem, but jandre would be the best to tell you about that, isnt their anyway you could leave the shed door open slightly during the day to let the heat out, try and get the heat out the top and in the bottom, so you could have fans at the top pushing the air out the shed and this then would cause the air to be sucked in at the bottom, this should help, i have to leave my grow door open a few inches to keep temps down so i know its not easy to do, but i dont have any extraction fans i just have 2 computer fans blowing on and above the plants, this allows me to keep my light closer to the plants and it moves the air around and helps with the temps

you guys are amazing. seriously dont know what i'd do without all your anonymous input. i will be switching my light cycle to the night time as my neighbours are old and spend more time in the garden in the day so night time is all good. i will keep an eye on the temps as i go. hopefully i will be able to run all of my cfls including the reds which should help a little with the two in flower. there is only 1 window in the shed which ive blacked out already so escaping light shouldnt be a problem. also, i like your idea with lifting a panel in the roof GIGABONE, its a slatted roof so shouldnt be a problem and i imagine i will get some sweet sweet aroma lingering soon so if i put all the advice together i should have more light, steady temps and aroma at more stealth time. life is pretty frickin sweet right now. cant wait to smoke the shit out of it!!! oh, the think different sprouted today and managed to unfurl itself all in a day so now i have 2x big bud and the think different all in there own pots with john innes and a blue 65w cfl each about 2 inches from the tops. when shoul i think about germinating another batch??

i would be very interested to know about the fans. curiosity mainly as i think my new light schedule should make life better.

hope your all high x

About the fans... If your intake volume is less than the exhaust, I'd just not use it at all, and make it a passive filtered intake, in case there is someone in the area that puts a male outside to drop pollen for collecting. You can get some HEPA filters for pretty cheap, and put them in the wall and caulk them in. Of course you'd have to seal the other intake, but hey, y'can't have everything.

Also, I wouldn't worry a hole lot about light infiltration during the day. It doesn't need to be absolutely pitch black in there... A little pinhole here and there is quite alright. Think about full moon nights in nature... Those are pretty frikkin' bright where I'm from.

thats very true jandre, i can walk my dog with no problems at night so clearly their is some light still around, so thinking about it it shouldnt cause any problems, outdoor plants get this light and still flower so as jandre said it wont be a problem, thank god we got jandre around.

the only problem i can see is the light escaping at night, when the lights are on any crack or hole will let the light shine out, so you need to be sure on your neighbours and anybody in a helicopter, its why i dont think an attic or loft as we call them where i am grow is not the best idea, they use thermal cameras to find grows so its something to take care of, as long as the neighbours are ok you should be ok mate, if their old they wont usually ask to many questions and you should be ok, but any kids that smoke a bit of weed would think its christmas day if they came across a shed with lights coming out of it,

thats very true jandre, i can walk my dog with no problems at night so clearly their is some light still around, so thinking about it it shouldnt cause any problems, outdoor plants get this light and still flower so as jandre said it wont be a problem, thank god we got jandre around.

the only problem i can see is the light escaping at night, when the lights are on any crack or hole will let the light shine out, so you need to be sure on your neighbours and anybody in a helicopter, its why i dont think an attic or loft as we call them where i am grow is not the best idea, they use thermal cameras to find grows so its something to take care of, as long as the neighbours are ok you should be ok mate, if their old they wont usually ask to many questions and you should be ok, but any kids that smoke a bit of weed would think its christmas day if they came across a shed with lights coming out of it,

They use them all the time here. its not an issue with low powered CFL grows, nor does it matter if your entire house is of an even temprature. if its really hot, you pipe the heat from the top of the house back down to the bottom, save on heating bills, lol..

its when you have a single heat source over 200 watts that you start to become suspect as this sticks out rather obviously on a thermal camera. Also, if you do plan to grow in a loft/attic, its important to insulate the spire of the roof (most people insulate the floor of the loft instead).

If you can afford it, i reccomend Celotex style insulation, which can be cut to fit perfectly between the support beams.
Im in the middle of creating a hole in the chimney breast of the attic, so that all the heat leaves the room by a method that cameras expect to see heat leaving a warm house.

im not a fan of sheds for growing as they do not insulate very well and are far more liely to stick out like a sore thumb on a thermal camera. =(

fuck now im worried. im only using 260w cfl and my 100w led. i thought id have to be busting a HID to get noticed? plus, im in a sleepy little village, not a high profile town like bristol. im also near a lot of mod and raf bases who DO fly over a lot.

changing my cycle has helped a lot tho....sorry jandre i didnt wait.......the temps stayed a solid 80 and didnt budge, even with all the cfl supplementing. what do we think? paranoia justified? i dont particularly want to get caught but its not like i would be worth all the trouble surely. i heard those IR cameras are mega bucks so dont get used too often, especially in my county.

sorry for late replies, im not getting the usual email not's.

IR cameras are not expensive.. High qality, high powererd ones are ;)

its worse out in the country.

think of it this way, picture yourself in a pitch black warehouse thats say 2 football pitches in size, stick just a single candle in the opposite corner to you..think you can see it? ;)

being near military installations would increase your risk not reduce it, thay have security to think about and im pretty damn sure thermal camera's are part of their aresnal.

not trying to freak you out or anything, but like me you need to make a decision...is it worth getting caught?

If the answer is no, then stealth is prioroty one, yeild comes a poor second place.

If like me, your going guts and glory, they you just gotta do what you gotta do and get that crop done asap ;)

Back
Top Bottom