OG's Nine Strains Under LEDs In Hydro

Here is yesterday's picture at 2 weeks of 12/12:
image18875.jpeg

Looking good OG! Hey jus bout a 2x4 botinicare ebb n flow system. Next is figure out if I want to run wit hps or led. Have u ever grown with hps? Oh btw jackalope is gonna b my first run so i would love if u follow n help me a long the way. Gonna do as u said run six n my tray veg short clone off each one and flower then pick the one that's most vigorous n keep a clone as a mama. Then on to Thunderpaws witch intrigues me the most thus why I plan jackalope first. Whats ur thoughts? Oh n glad u figured things out looks ur on home stretch pun intended lol!! Glad u got things pointed n the right direction. I guess u think great things of ur RO system but is it worth the waste cause i heard u waste a lot of tap to get good gallons of RO water? I will let ur experience lead me if willing!! Thanks for everything!! Oh n Trump sucks but I will give him a chance dont have a choice but if things run awry i will b checking Canada's immigration system!! Lmao!!

Hey quick question do u give all nine strains the same feeding? I heard it can b a headache running different strains at one time jus cause most times different strains means different needs? Either way ur girls look happy so what ur doing is working!!

To answer your questions: yes I have grown with H PS, my first 12 years was done with two 400s. Yes you are best to start all of the seeds of one kind, then pick the best one and clone that one from then on and drop to rest. Then repeat the process for the other strain. Yes it's true you waste a lot of water with a reverse Osmosis system. My water bill went up from $18 before all the way to $20 now ;-)
For the feeding, all of my veg plants are sharing a reservoir so they all get the same feed. All of my bloom plants are also sharing one reservoir so they get the same feed, except the amnesia haze needs to go a little longer. While the main reservoir is flushing at nine weeks, from then on the amnesia haze will get a custom mixture suited to its 13 to 14 week booom. It will be separated and the nutrients delivered in a standalone DWC while remaining in place in the same cabinet .
However, unless the amnesia haze is amazing I will be dropping it. It was a gift from a friend, so I am going to try it out a couple times, but will kill it if it's not really special as the extra time and complication of an extra solution is annoying. My other strains all finish at about 10 weeks and share nutrients.
Let me know if you have any other questions, or if that is clear?

So I take u like led more then hps. What reasons do u think led edges out hps. I was thinking two 400 watt or a single 600 watt. After that I wanted to try led but wanted to experience both so hopefully it makes me a more rounded grower. Thanks for the answers it helps a lot.

So I take u like led more then hps. What reasons do u think led edges out hps. I was thinking two 400 watt or a single 600 watt. After that I wanted to try led but wanted to experience both so hopefully it makes me a more rounded grower. Thanks for the answers it helps a lot.

Just my opinion... I am not 100% LED or HPS. Currently I run 4 LED's and one HPS. A 1K HPs and 3 LED's (one on a mover) in flower and one LED and T5 in veg. I've tried everything from all HPS last year to all LED. Again just my opinion but HPS seems to give better yield and LED better frost and appearance. I mix it in the winter because I would rather run a HPS than a heater. But in the summer i had switched to LED to deal with heat. I had plants last year under 600W hps and the yield was really good even with plant deficiencies. LED I seem to get less yield but better product.

Of course LED uses about a third of the power...Less heat and etc too so fans etc don't need to run as much.

Both have pro's and con's...

:peace:

FE

Edit; I actually feel if you based true watt LED vs HPS that LED would easily be better. But for what ever reasons LED's arent based that way. They will be 250W consumption rated at 700W... Marketing can do wonders some times...

Forget Trump m headed ur way!!! Lol!! Congratulations where I live it will most likely b one of the last states to become legal. Where I live it is still in the same category as crack and heroin schedule one drug!! Glad to hear the good news though!!

Aggressive bonsai HST on the veg cabinet. All branches that did not fit the shape I want were cut off.
image19015.jpeg

Green and growing healthy. I will take another picture in a day or two when it's a nice flat canopy of healthily leaves (hopefully).
Still struggling with bloom cabinet. I think following manufactureres recommendations on the chemicals I bought to solve problems (calmag, hygrozyme, and florakleen) is burning my
Plants and/or causing lockouts.
I was flushing extra with florakleen thinking it would help but seems to make it worse. Now flushing with just water. Have cut down to 1/4 recommended dose on hygrozyme and calmag and normal on bloom nutrients.
Still experiencing leaf death. Will take pics tonight when the bloom
Cabinet wakes up.

Hey OG, notice u havent been around as much. Crazy training cant wait to c how they bounce back. Hey question I bought two blue crab ph pens to make sure m getting same reading but no matter how much I calibrate they read bout .2 off with other . Got a cheap o tds pen that works great but more worried bout ph since that's how the plants feed. Do you keep up with ph n tds? After the holidays I plan getting things kicked into high gear. Jus bought a house and know have plenty of room and don't have to worry bout people coming into my home except for my guest. Good to hear from ya. Crazy how bloom cab is still having a time seems like u done everything! Keep at it!!

I sent them a message last night asked if I can trade for the trucheon. It's like a stick but has all readings on one device. Lot of members told me it works great. I thought buying two expensive pens would b great but they don't read the same so i dont know which one is right or wrong. Fingers crossed they let me trade but if not at least send me new ones. I would love the blue crab meter that hangs on wall n gives constant readings at all times but for 300 its out my budget at the moment .

Back
Top Bottom