Oh No! Spider Mites?

I just check the plants, good news, I did not kill them... They were dry so I turned the lights on. I found a few dead ones and one live one. I'll spray again on Wednesday.

I see bud washing in my future :surf:

i will be interested in hearing your results,, keep in mind that there is nothing, nearly, that has not been tried before

i battled mites for years,, mainly cuz i was growing in soil, and the soil/peat moss is where the mites were coming from

so i kept reinfesting my grow room on a regular basis

i tried everything under the sun to eradicate them,, and i never did till i stopped growing in soil,, :high-five:

i tested everything too,, in differing strengths and frequencies of application

and to anyone who thinks near anything will kill spider mites,, well,, not in my house it don't

i soaked in this and that and sprayed with this and that and watched carefully,, only to see the little buggers get up and walk away, time after time

and usually they were giving me the finger as they walked away,, tho they call it giving the appendage,

i found it necessary, and because i did not want to go full on nuclear, i found a balance, a co-existence,, peaceful parley sorta, was my best solution,,
Sounds like you need a weed torch, bet they don't walk away from that.

I use Rove Beetles to control anything that breeds in soil, they kill them all.

Thank you all for your input, I sure appreciate it. :Namaste:

Mites leave feces that are toxic to humans. Dont put that in your body please
I’ll try not to eat the poo... I don’t do edibles. I don’t eat animals or insects so Hopefully I will get a decent harvest and vape some buds...:hookah:

if one has mites,, and smokes the weed after harvest, i near guarantee one,, hey,, one,, i guarantee, nearly,, you,, one, will be smokin mites,, i near guarantee it.

they be soo small, and, like kids and kittens,, they get in everywhere

if one has mites,, and smokes the weed after harvest, i near guarantee one,, hey,, one,, i guarantee, nearly,, you,, one, will be smokin mites,, i near guarantee it.

they be soo small, and, like kids and kittens,, they get in everywhere
The mites are smaller than a pin point, barely visible with the naked eye, can you imagine how small the poo is...

@Norcaliwood turned me on to green cleaner and safer soap.

Van and or Bob just told me about the cleaning practices for my tents. Tents are really easy to clean. Even the 4'x8's

I only had mites once. With the system I used only took few weeks to get rid of them, in veg
Can you use the "Green cleaner" on the buds? Just starting week six flower, harvest around Jan 20th @Norcaliwood

Can you use the "Green cleaner" on the buds? Just starting week six flower, harvest around Jan 20th @Norcaliwood

Yea you got the easy mites,,, two spotted and not hemp mites.... They are motherfuckers...... 50 hemp mites could ride on the back of a spider mite.....

To me,,, 6 weeks is abit late. All these products say up to day of harvest.. Mainly for veggies. I myself never spray after 2 weeks in. The green cleaner does dissipate after afew weeks,,, but if you have mites bad? it'll take a spray regiment of three rounds to kill the bastards....

If you can,, you can buy some time with a garden hose on spray and aim for the leaf bottoms... Pressure wash them sob's and you can knock the population down a bit.. But you better have some dry air after or molds will set in. A dehumidifier and a fan.

About smoking some mites, man if that wood kill ya,, all that Commercial Mexican I use to smoke in the 70's,, I'd be dead.. But if it's bugs that bugs ya,, there is bud washing that will help with 'some' of that........ Mites suck......

GL

Does a sulpher burn kill them?? Only way before flower could sulpher be used.

i have never read that sulphur burnin does anything for mites,,

powdery mildew,, now this might just be the ticket,,

santaaaaa,,,,,,,,

i have only ever heard tell of 'two spotted' mites on cannabis, but what do i know?

well, i know this,, we have a different species here in my yard,, a bigger red sucker,, actually leaves a red stain when one squishes it
The red thing is probably a Clover Mite. I have found one or two when I first put my clones outside or on a more mature plant but they disappear within days. Since I let the common, ordinary spiders exist in the back yard and on my outdoor plants the red things are gone real quick. The big common spider probably invited them over for dinner is what I figure.

With the regular two spotted spider mites (the web builders) I like to maintain a regular preventative spraying every two weeks or so after the problem seems to be gone.

Now I am faced with a war against what looks like a problem with Broad Mites and Powdery Mildew. The PM seems to be under (almost) control in the vegetation closet which is where the Broad Mite problem is. Another week and the PM should be gone and it will be a full on press against those mites.

Back
Top Bottom