Old Timer on the rebound

JCsuperstar

I grew back in the 1970's and a little in the early 1980's. Life constraints made it impossible for the log stretch after that. Needing it for medical reasons several years ago, I used the local dispensaries. The prices then made it obvious that growing made tons of sense personally. Once recreational became legal (in CA), I saw the exit sign big time. I have a lot of seeds I maintained since the mid-1970's. Some true greats, but I understand the breeding has gotten very advanced. So I prudently invested in some top strain seeds and hit up old contacts to secure true landraces. Been developing strains for a few years now and have a number of new, stable strains. I enjoy this part perhaps even more than indulging in the fruits of the labors.

Welcome JC, to :420:

Good to hear you were able to get back into growing your own medicine! If you get a grow up and going, or already have one, be sure to make a grow journal! We love following along. :) You can find a link in my signature below, along with some other helpful links. Again, welcome! :Namaste:

I grew back in the 1970's and a little in the early 1980's. Life constraints made it impossible for the log stretch after that. Needing it for medical reasons several years ago, I used the local dispensaries. The prices then made it obvious that growing made tons of sense personally. Once recreational became legal (in CA), I saw the exit sign big time. I have a lot of seeds I maintained since the mid-1970's. Some true greats, but I understand the breeding has gotten very advanced. So I prudently invested in some top strain seeds and hit up old contacts to secure true landraces. Been developing strains for a few years now and have a number of new, stable strains. I enjoy this part perhaps even more than indulging in the fruits of the labors.
Welcome to :420: JC, cool to hear your history with Cannabis, do you happen to have any Acapulco gold or Panama red in your old collection? I’d love to get my hands on some of that old stuff to grow out, new strains are cool but the old nostalgic strains are cool to remember. Welcome along mate

Welcome to :420: JC, cool to hear your history with Cannabis, do you happen to have any Acapulco gold or Panama red in your old collection? I’d love to get my hands on some of that old stuff to grow out, new strains are cool but the old nostalgic strains are cool to remember. Welcome along mate
Those were my thoughts exactly Camaro. You're from the North East. That weed changed my world. Well bent it a little anyway.

Those were my thoughts exactly Camaro. You're from the North East. That weed changed my world. Well bent it a little anyway.
I was born in 91, but fortunately grew up around a bunch of old “hippies” that had been growing for decades before I had been born and had lots of the old school names from the 70’s and 80’s that seem to have gone forgotten, it was very cool to grow up around that stuff, and with the stuff available today, those strains could produce some amazing flowers I’m more than certain about it

Northeast here too. Born and raised in Philly and the suburbs. Came to San Diego in the early-1980s. One thing I found missing today I tried to recreate from my harvest of Highland Thai. Gave one away (like a good guy) and kept one, still curing. Doesn't look like much, but each has 7g of Thai flower, 5g of hash oil (40% thc?), a load of keif -- about 1/2 oz of potent cannabis packed super tight.
thaisticks.jpg

I was born in 91, but fortunately grew up around a bunch of old “hippies” that had been growing for decades before I had been born and had lots of the old school names from the 70’s and 80’s that seem to have gone forgotten, it was very cool to grow up around that stuff, and with the stuff available today, those strains could produce some amazing flowers I’m more than certain about it
I was in the burbs of Boston in the 70's when it came around. Believe those good boys and girls.

Northeast here too. Born and raised in Philly and the suburbs. Came to San Diego in the early-1980s. One thing I found missing today I tried to recreate from my harvest of Highland Thai. Gave one away (like a good guy) and kept one, still curing. Doesn't look like much, but each has 7g of Thai flower, 5g of hash oil (40% thc?), a load of keif -- about 1/2 oz of potent cannabis packed super tight.
thaisticks.jpg
What do you call them JC? Is there a "how to" anywhere? They look like I need to make one or two one day.

I remember Thai Stick from the 70's-too rich for my budget back in the day,so I never bought any-
some of my friends did,though,so I got to smoke a bit-best $hit available back then,especially when you're used to mexican brick weed-4 joints just to get a mild buzz...

Pretty sure I still have some Acapulco Gold seeds and might have Panama Red. Colombian Gold too. The one I did not save was Hawaiian. It might have been sinsemilla even back then, but it was not common to find and was expensive in Philadelphia.

Welcome JC, to :420:

Good to hear you were able to get back into growing your own medicine! If you get a grow up and going, or already have one, be sure to make a grow journal! We love following along. :) You can find a link in my signature below, along with some other helpful links. Again, welcome! :Namaste:

Put up one, of surely several to follow, grow journal. I am working quite a number of new strains (mostly F1 stage) and figuring out what concentration (100 ppm?) of GA3 I should try to coax those ooooold seeds into germination.

Back
Top Bottom