One conversation not to bring up

Exactly what I was thinking, I just looked it up and it says 90 minutes at 118° should do it. If it was me, I’d try it for a few hours at least. :thumb:

:passitleft:
The company I worked for done some experiments. Turns out that after 6 months of -18*c. The temperature of an industrial freezer. They just pop out and jump back to life.
I've got the "BPCM" upstairs so I'll check the officialhigh heat death tomorrow providing I remember lol.

Nah that's only 48*c. No chance that would kill them.
Item number 2 I mentioned was a steam cleaner. Gotta up close and personal. The eggs can withstand something rediculous like 60*c so steam is the only option to get rid of those.

The eggs are also immune to insecticides, even the best of the best that I'd advise. And it's a hit or miss if the residuals get them when they eventually emerge.
No1, that i thought you'd have was diatomaceous earth.
Need loads of the shit to spray all over the place though. Every corner,crevice, crack, join, nook or cranny that they've been sat near.
Won't kill the big ones but great for the freshly emerged.

Again though,all this depends on the contact that I asked about but honestly it's go hard or go home with these feckers. No easy fixes Im afraid unless you get really lucky. .

Even when I had all the gear and done it 100% the best I could I still got 2 callbacks for failed treatment in a year. Maybe done 350-450 rooms all in.
I got lucky and the callbacks were insurance Jobs.
If they'd been any other payment method id've been sacked the second time.

I done a lot more than just nuke the place.
Plug sockets off the walls,
Carpets lifted,
Light fittings removed,
Bgged and tagged all the clothes myself for propper cleaning,
Took the units and wardrobes apart.
Methodicaly, high pressure steam cleaned every inch of everything,
Left a layer of insecticides that when raw could probably kill a rhino,
Covered every crack in d/e,
Disposed of the matress and I still missed at least one!

You gotta be lethal with them.

Even for a professional it's hard to do it In one sitting. Especially in an occupied space.

The chems used for bed bugs are honestly lethal.
No kids
No old folks
No pets of any sort
Nobody suffering from anything even vaguely serious. Particularly respiratory diseases or the usual suspects .

Typed this about 2 hours ago and just back on so posting without an edit lol.

And this is why you should talk to your insurance and/or a lawyer.

Wow. Never knew bedbugs was the subject not to bring up LMAO. I know you can never be sure how a conversion will go when you post a thread. No chance in hell a person could see that one coming lol.

Just like your not supposed to bring up genetics around me. I am always sad when the subject is changed LMAO.

I have to say the worst thing is when random people talk about growing. You know they are wrong but you can't really state all your knowledge to that affect LMAO. I have heard some off the way shit that I had to bite my tongue about.

Wow. Never knew bedbugs was the subject not to bring up LMAO. I know you can never be sure how a conversion will go when you post a thread. No chance in hell a person could see that one coming lol.

Just like your not supposed to bring up genetics around me. I am always sad when the subject is changed LMAO.

I have to say the worst thing is when random people talk about growing. You know they are wrong but you can't really state all your knowledge to that affect LMAO. I have heard some off the way shit that I had to bite my tongue about.
Sorry for the thread jack lol.
Got one for you though. How come Frissian duck has 3 fingered, webbed leaves?
Is it a rare genetic fluke or did someone do the impossible and theres another plant in there?

Nah that's only 48*c. No chance that would kill them.
Item number 2 I mentioned was a steam cleaner. Gotta up close and personal. The eggs can withstand something rediculous like 60*c so steam is the only option to get rid of those.

The eggs are also immune to insecticides, even the best of the best that I'd advise. And it's a hit or miss if the residuals get them when they eventually emerge.
No1, that i thought you'd have was diatomaceous earth.
Need loads of the shit to spray all over the place though. Every corner,crevice, crack, join, nook or cranny that they've been sat near.
Won't kill the big ones but great for the freshly emerged.

Again though,all this depends on the contact that I asked about but honestly it's go hard or go home with these feckers. No easy fixes Im afraid unless you get really lucky. .

Even when I had all the gear and done it 100% the best I could I still got 2 callbacks for failed treatment in a year. Maybe done 350-450 rooms all in.
I got lucky and the callbacks were insurance Jobs.
If they'd been any other payment method id've been sacked the second time.

I done a lot more than just nuke the place.
Plug sockets off the walls,
Carpets lifted,
Light fittings removed,
Bgged and tagged all the clothes myself for propper cleaning,
Took the units and wardrobes apart.
Methodicaly, high pressure steam cleaned every inch of everything,
Left a layer of insecticides that when raw could probably kill a rhino,
Covered every crack in d/e,
Disposed of the matress and I still missed at least one!

You gotta be lethal with them.

Even for a professional it's hard to do it In one sitting. Especially in an occupied space.

The chems used for bed bugs are honestly lethal.
No kids
No old folks
No pets of any sort
Nobody suffering from anything even vaguely serious. Particularly respiratory diseases or the usual suspects .

Typed this about 2 hours ago and just back on so posting without an edit lol.
lights down
sockets off
furniture disassembled...

how much is a bed bug extermination lol must take days no??

id have defo sent all the shit straight back along with a claim against their insurance if a company sent me an infested bed..
eugh gross
where is the quality control eh lol

lights down
sockets off
furniture disassembled...

how much is a bed bug extermination lol must take days no??

id have defo sent all the shit straight back along with a claim against their insurance if a company sent me an infested bed..
eugh gross
where is the quality control eh lol
Barring any fuck ups you can do it fairly quickly once the 10 percents start rolling in to motivate you :) Just put the radio on and make a day of it. Poisoned myself a few times doing it though. It's pretty grim lol.
Doesn't take that long though. You just go over everything with the steamer.
Strip the fittings and d/e them.
Spray the place with rhino killer.
Then go back and spray d/e anywhere anything joins or has a crack.
Can usually get away with just the bedrooms and hallway. Use regular bug spray to check in all the places they like to hide and it pisses them off so they come out for fresh air. Just cover the rest of the rooms that way and double check it all.

Sorry for the thread jack lol.
Got one for you though. How come Frissian duck has 3 fingered, webbed leaves?
Is it a rare genetic fluke or did someone do the impossible and theres another plant in there?

It all started with a strain called Ducks Foot. It won the stealth game by just not looking like marijuana. I guess they are breeding it now. Also sounds like they got the leaf shape to stay. Or they renamed it lol. In the end the buds still look normal. Fan leaves were the only thing effected.

Ducks Foot was known to have weird leaves, never heard how strong it is.

It all started with a strain called Ducks Foot. It won the stealth game by just not looking like marijuana. I guess they are breeding it now. Also sounds like they got the leaf shape to stay. Or they renamed it lol. In the end the buds still look normal. Fan leaves were the only thing effected.

Ducks Foot was known to have weird leaves, never heard how strong it is.
So is the ducksfoot one of the original strains then? As in it grows in the wild like that? Not one you ever hear of in the landrace threads which makes me think it was modified to get the 3 leaves. I'll go hit Google and see what I can find on it :)

Nah I can't find the history of it mate. Closest I came was "it's probably Australian" and "probably mostly sativa".
Sounds like that's probably wrong lol.
You got any advances or will I stick to the something else in it theory? In fact. I'm intrigued enough that it's getting a thread. Someone must know where it comes from. After my googling I'm not really prepared to accept your word for it without proof though.
Thats potentially a lot to ask for so I'll post a thread and see if we can get a few eyes on the subject. :)

It has been a long time since I have heard anything about Ducks Foot. That is the main reason I feel it wasn't very potent. Still the leaf style was different so it did get noticed. I don't even remember who released it.

Pretty sure the Australian part is true. That is what I thought but didn't want to quote it without being sure. I don't think it is a land race. Pretty sure it is a weird pheno that bred mostly true with the weird leaves. It only does it through veg stage. When they start flowering it goes away. The buds are going to look like buds and the smell will still be there. So it is only stealthy for veg.

The biggest thing is it is a oddity in marijuana genetics. This will always attract some people. The fact that it never went main stream tells a lot. There is a older Frissian Indica strain out there. My guess the Ducks Foot was crossed into it to get the Frissian Duck. Probably for strength along with the weird leaves.

I don't need to grow weird looking plants just to see them. I don't need stealthy looking plants indoors. So I don't think I would grow it.

Of Course, do your own research. Hell I don't even trust me all the time LMAO.

My radio room is right next door to this room, and we do spend quite a lot of time in there,

What's a radio room?? Just wondering... sorry about the bed bugs. One of the things I worry about when on public transit. Never know who sat in the seat before you and all that.

I'll be back I gotta go take a shower now. :D

It has been a long time since I have heard anything about Ducks Foot.

Duck Foot? I have this plant that I cloned - has duck foot shaped leaves. The mutation that stays with the plant, meh not worth anything. When I cloned it 1/2 the plants lost the duck foot mutation and are keepers, finish @40 days flowering. The Duck Foot version finishes in 30 days but its a runt.

:rofl: Damn bed bug thread :rofl::rofl: and now duck foot cannabis :rofl::rofl:

Duck Foot? I have this plant that I cloned - has duck foot shaped leaves. The mutation that stays with the plant, meh not worth anything. When I cloned it 1/2 the plants lost the duck foot mutation and are keepers, finish @40 days flowering. The Duck Foot version finishes in 30 days but its a runt.

Man that first pic looks like my green gelato :thumb: that second pic :hmmmm: I must be high :lot-o-toke: cuz it looks like some kind of mad screaming eagle from a syfy movie...like "Weednado" :rofl::rofl:

It seems that there is a subject that is best not to bring up around me. Pot or pot genetics.

Through almost everything else in life I am pretty quiet. Ask me one little question about pot and I will ramble for hours if not stopped. I am beginning to consider it like binge talking LMAO. At least in the right situation anyway.

Pretty sure it is because I don't get to talk about it very often. Once the right person asks one simple question I will ramble of as much info as I can before they change the subject LMAO.

Am I the only one with this affliction?
I am the exact same way, I just love the subject.

Bed bugs? Talk about off topic. I do not know anyone that grows beds. Mites are the main issue here with growing Cannabis. Spider mites, broad mites, and russet mites. And of late, phylloxera (root aphids). No bed bugs in the greenhouses... yet. Never know. Borad mites and phylloxera jumped plant species to dine on Cannabis. Broads are now also dining on blackberries coast to coast in the USA, so they are here to stay. Forever and ever.

As for genetics, I rely on old school bag weed seed that I saved back in the day. There were three main sources of weed back in the 70s in NorCal, from SW Mexico, Colombia (and Panama), and SE Asia. In the late 70s local grown weed started to take off. But it was barking obvious where the weed was from in those days. As for the origins of the genetics in old Mexico, Colombia and SE Asia? That is highly debated. Before the Dutch or California infused stuff polluted it starting in the later 1980s. After that these foreign grown local strains became for the most part extinct for various reasons.

What's a radio room??
Ham (Amateur) Radio... my Dad and I are big into it, emergency and disaster communications, storm spotting... and my favorite, DXing - or trying to see how many different countries I can work. I have a 60' tower in the back yard with a couple of antennas on it almost as big as my house.

I would bet that in a plastic bag on top of a black tarp, one could heat those boxes up to a right toasty temperature in the sun, ala mother nature.
Hey girl :ciao:how's it going :hmmmm: not too good with those bed bugs huh :sorry: but hey they lay a larvae style egg so I was thinking :idea: why not use Nematodes?? They worked well for my gnat problem :thumb: haven't seen 1 in months, and when I sprayed the excess on my lawn :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: when I sit on the porch with my bug zapper and a six pack "quality entertainment around here :rofl:" I've noticed less flies and mosquitos I mean my bug zappers almost clean looking here in July :hmmmm: and that's pretty unusual...any how they're 36 bucks online...I mean unless you decided on a bond fire :yahoo::rofl::rofl:

BigSur I have to agree in ways about the old school genetics. Hard to beat the well rounded highs of old. I have a couple projects going trying to bring that same mix to the next level.

I am pretty much over the add Afghani to a land race sativa and your done type breeding. Pot changed so much once they started add using indica in California for hybrids. I am trying to breed in similar highs with more strength to a Chocolate Thai hybrid. This time I used Critical. I am hoping to add lots of extra strength and keep the well rounded high. Basically enhancing the high not just making it flower faster.

Now they have so many other hybrids that will work with the old school stuff. In lots of cases better than the old Afghani fall back. In some cases I think we need to take a couple steps back. Before going forward with hybrids again. Breeding for high type not growth patterns.

Die hard land race people may never change. It's a thing and I totally understand. By trying to improve it I may end up with the same thing everyone else did. Watered down old school weed. Hopefully not.

Back
Top Bottom