One Pollen Shakin' PotChimp!

Thanks guys :)
For the first time in a while I just settled down, didn't get overexcited, and followed a nutrient program precisely by the week. No alterations of supersoil, mineralized soil, cooked organic soil, no buying offbeat nutes from organic websites, just straight growing by the book. Tweaking the units helped too; one more tent and an air-cooled reflector change, then I'll be set. :thumb:
Might have been risky but if you look at everything I have left growing, the top colas are all white hairs so I fed them one more time. I added the AN Big Bud I bought, even though it's supposed to be used earlier than this. 8 to 10 days and a few RO waterings and the rest will get the chop; in a week they're going into the dark.

Thanks Hozona here's the first 818 Headband x GDP to hit the rack:

0012282.JPG

Good potential on this one to grow one main cola:

0032141.JPG

Or top it and let this all get fatter:

0022240.JPG

Didn't get much:

0071560.JPG

but the main cola looks good:

0081425.JPG

As many good variations as I'm getting from those f1s, I'm not going to go in that direction. The same with the GDP x GDP; I'm getting enough good stuff out of the mix that I can wait until next Fall to get back into the further breeding of that. I did take a clone of the above plant anyway (just in case the pot's above normal potency).

Just one friggin' dose of that AN Big Bud I sure wish I would have used it from the jump..... :straightface:

SLH dom SLH x DJ Short's Blueberry:

0032146.JPG

I think this SLH x DJ Short's Blueberry is Blueberry dom:

0051894.JPG

818 Headband x GDP:

0042012.JPG

My next two grows are going to be 10 regular C4DD seeds (the start to the second part of my breeding project) and 10 SLH x DJ Short's Blueberry seeds (a search for a father for this SLH x DJ Short's Blueberry reveg):

0061676.JPG
0081427.JPG

I'm going to S1 a clone of this plant to get seeds, too. Can you imagine what a good grower could do with this? It'd be interesting to see what this should really look like, and maybe I'll meet one of you guys in real life to give a seed to someday then I'll find out! :thumb:

I'm going to save a leaf from that plant and flatten it in a book to compare it to the father; I don't want the calyxy goofball in the first pic (too much like mom) or the thick :xmas: tree looking thing in the second pic (too much like Dad); I want a copy of this, or as close as I can get.

I want that headband x gdp!! Is there a way i can download those seeds hah

That thing's got a cool leaf pattern :)

Well, I tried a few of the smaller nugs of that first GDP x GDP I chopped this morning. I won't be able to jar it for at least another day; most of it fell out of the grinder, but it's still a bit wet. This phenotype has the grape smell already, so it should smell good when it cures out :thumb: It even has a slightly sharp edge to the smell (sour grape).
I'll get some pics up later, but as I said earlier there's not a lot of it. I'll jar a few of the top buds and add the rest to my 420 doob..... :tokin:

PotChimp buzz rating system -

Ain't got a hair on its a$$ (schwag or low end seedbank stuff, which is glorified schwag)
Decent (most of what's out there)
Good (somewhat better than most of what's out there)
Really good (same as above but with an extra, like excellent taste or easy smokeability which both lead to longer tokes and a better buzz)
Damn good (keep trying to grow that but haven't done it yet)
Killer (the only killer dope is being grown by a Yeti in Shangri-la as far as I'm concerned)

First phenotype gets a good.

Thanks again it looks like it's down to about the last week for these four. I took the two plants I pollinated out of the closet they were in today. I think when I tried to get the male out I got pollen in the air 'cause I'm seeing brown hairs in two of my other grows and they're only at 6 weeks of 11/13. The 818 Headband x GDP mother looks like the seeds were ripe, but the GDP x GDP mother looked underdeveloped. I'm going to keep the seeds just for the Hell of it, but I wanted to get them out so I can get other things going. More pics soon.

Only for the sake of those following did I even bother to pic this first GDP x GDP (more haired phenotype). The yield was low and there were only a few decent buds. IMHO, Iguana Bloom needs a bud booster to go with it. This particular type plant needs a long veg and I didn't give it one, plus I didn't trim the lowers (I wind up with an unintentional SOG a lot of times, and I don't lollipop or train the plants in my night running units as much as I should). So it's mostly my fault it didn't do better as far as yield goes. I need to do longer veg times, but I'm already trimming plants to get better yield; I've seen enough of weak harvests like this:

0022253.JPG

I'm keeping this bud and a few others, but the rest are probably going into my 420 doob:

0032154.JPG

As far as quality goes, it's keeping up with the rest of what I have and it's not even cured yet. I like smoking it too. :thumb:

So are these! :)

0012300.JPG

Dang battery was running low as I was taking pics and the flash was weak. I took 'em anyway here's the 3 Super Lemon Haze x DJ Short Blueberry plants (the last one just keeps going):

0042019.JPG
0022255.JPG

0032155.JPG

The last 818 Headband x Grand Daddy Purple:

0071569.JPG
0091279.JPG
0081433.JPG

A few nugs from that Blue Dream:

0051903.JPG
0061682.JPG

Back
Top Bottom