Only leaves, no height

JustCurious79

You'd have to apologize my odd questions, but as I might have explained already, I tried growing chilis a few years back and messed it seriously. Never got any yield, and quite a few plants refused to grow more then 4 leaves though I gave them light as well as water. Now we're talking about far more serious matters then wasting chili seeds worth 30 dollars.
36 hours after their transplant the plants seem to have stopped growing height and are starting to put out more then a few leaves. What wonder is why they seem to develop at a very short distance from each other on the stem. As if the plants would disregard growth and only pay attention to their leaves.
Also, the plants seem to be shedding their seed leaves but I take this is normal?

It is impossible to reply properly without a picture and lots more information like what kind of light? soil? watering? ph? ... and more. The more info we have the better we can answer your questions

Here they are. I photoed the three largest plants, and as you can see they suffer. I suspect overwatering since I did moist the soil (because it was plain dry!) when I transplanted them into buckets, but it could also be nute burn since from then on they have plenty of nutes in the soil.

P101000937.jpg

P101001328.jpg

P101001139.jpg

Edit: And that would be day 20 since sprout.

Believe it or not, those look like healthy plants. Once the roots are more established, those babies should shoot up! Don't stress too much

What kind of soil are you using? Some have fertilizer in them, some do not. If you are using a soil with no fertilizer in it I suggest giving them a well balanced fertilizer. These are babies still, so whatever fertilizer you choose use only at 1/4 strength or it will burn them. Don't forget to Ph balance your fertilizer mix. For soil keep it between 6.3-7.0.

With out any info of what you have done so far it looks like normal growth with the exception of them having a nitrogen def. To be certain though Buckshot is right we need all the details of your grow to be 100% accurate which is what you are looking for with your pricey little girls:thumb: At the top of the main page there is a lot of great info about growing.

Look to be lacking N to me..
Agree with Glittergreen and Buckshot, need more info..
Room temps?
RH?
distance to light source?
PH?
PPM?

Back
Top Bottom