Organic Fertilizer how long does it take to burn if it does?

I used the Red Bag which holds 2 Cubic feet in each bag from Home Depot. Its the only Pro Mix they carry.

that's totally the wrong product for cannabis. you want to use promix hp. it's understandable you would have issues. that mix can have issues when using nutes.

edit : that mix might not be ph balanced either. they balance the hp for use with nutes.

more edit : i'm not convinced that cal-mag is the best.

that's totally the wrong product for cannabis. you want to use promix hp. it's understandable you would have issues. that mix can have issues when using nutes.

edit : that mix might not be ph balanced either. they balance the hp for use with nutes.

more edit : i'm not convinced that cal-mag is the best.
So where I am now.... what is my best course of action from here?

So where I am now.... what is my best course of action from here?

for the most part it's been working for you. i'd just ride it out. it's not a bad mix, it's just that there's better choices.

i've used something similar before, but i've always mixed in a higher amount of the hp when doing so, and i've added extra perlite.

if you switch it up to hp in the future you'll have greater control over the plants. it's a non-nuted ph balanced cannabis media. it's probably the number 1 media in north america. you can either ignore ph when running it, or default to soil rules if you have trouble.

most folk default to hp when talking about promix, so that's what they'll think of if you tell them you use promix, and the advice you are given will be based on that assumption.

for now i'd just use up the media you have on hand, or mix it in with hp on future grows. i think you'll find you have an easier grow that way.

Maybe Humboldt is right and I should just defoliate the yellow leaves. See what happens next. lol

I don’t remove leaves. If I need them out of the way for light penetration I’ll just tuck them behind or move them around. Each leaf is filled with resources the plant has pulled out of the medium. Each is like a mini power plant with a battery. If you have an issue and you start pulling leaves you’ll speed up the issue because the plant will just move on to the next leaf.

I leave the leaves until they fall off on their own. If you have damaged leaves the plant will use those first for any resources it needs so it can serve as an early heads up before stuff goes sideways

for the most part it's been working for you. i'd just ride it out. it's not a bad mix, it's just that there's better choices.

i've used something similar before, but i've always mixed in a higher amount of the hp when doing so, and i've added extra perlite.

if you switch it up to hp in the future you'll have greater control over the plants. it's a non-nuted ph balanced cannabis media. it's probably the number 1 media in north america. you can either ignore ph when running it, or default to soil rules if you have trouble.

most folk default to hp when talking about promix, so that's what they'll think of if you tell them you use promix, and the advice you are given will be based on that assumption.

for now i'd just use up the media you have on hand, or mix it in with hp on future grows. i think you'll find you have an easier grow that way.
I actually think i am screwed.
The turning brown happened in one day. I may cut this bucket off with a razor knife tomorrow and put the entire root ball in a larger felt pot just to get the roots off the bottom and give it some more soil to filter through.

The color of my phone is off for some reason. But one of the photos shows the actual color. The rest of them you can see they are prematurely turning brown. The trichomes are already turning amber and its premature as can be. Its only 23 days in 12/12. Its just a mess and I kept telling my roommate to stop turning the damn plant when I leave for work and every damn day he turned it because part of it was touching the wall. SO WHAT! I had a belief that the fan may have been causing SOME of it and I wanted to quarter spin it every day....but every day I got home the damn plant was yellow side facing the door. The other side looks better. But that is because air circulates around it but nothing touches it hard. The fan may be too high even on low but that wouldn't hurt it IF I was able to keep rotating it and he wasnt spinning it back the moment I walked out the door for weeks. So that contributed to more symptoms( i believe)which also threw me off. I caught him doing it by taking a picture and literally telling him to NOT spin the plant and leave it be how it is and he spun it anyway and then friggin denied it. I had photos showing what it looked like the moment I told him to not spin the plant and then walked out the door to work. So who the hell knows what he's been doing. For all I know he was feeding it shit too after telling me I flushed it and it had no nutrients now. He could have put nutes in it and watered it even after I flushed it. Who knows. I just know this had the potential to be great and its now a mess.

20231103_193654 (1).jpg

20231103_193756.jpg

20231103_193804.jpg

20231103_193813.jpg

20231103_193818.jpg

20231103_193829 (1).jpg

20231103_193832.jpg

20231103_193840.jpg

20231103_193859.jpg

20231103_193614.jpg

pull back so we can have a look at the entire plant. those pistils don't look like they are maturing out so much as dying back.

I don’t remove leaves. If I need them out of the way for light penetration I’ll just tuck them behind or move them around. Each leaf is filled with resources the plant has pulled out of the medium. Each is like a mini power plant with a battery. If you have an issue and you start pulling leaves you’ll speed up the issue because the plant will just move on to the next leaf.

I leave the leaves until they fall off on their own. If you have damaged leaves the plant will use those first for any resources it needs so it can serve as an early heads up before stuff goes sideways
Well said here mate. I was one of those believers a few grows back that plucking leaves and exfoliating the hell out of the girls serves a good purpose.... My last two grows I have just let them be with basic net training and my results have never been better! Cheers you guys btw hehe.. I actually plucked two fan leaves that were literally covering a whole lot of sites the other day, i felt super guilty, but they had nowhere to be tucked..

NOTE: If you have good ventilation and air flow, you will NOT get mildew or mold etc, because you never defoliated. Pure kaka

pull back so we can have a look at the entire plant. those pistils don't look like they are maturing out so much as dying back.
Oh I believe they are dying too. I dont think they are maturing. I believe death is coming. My roomate tells me every damn day I am doing something wrong and then when he says what he thinks is wrong he is clearly wrong. But for all I know he is doing shit while I'm not here. And the way the plant is HALF dying on one side while the other side looks ok is just infuriating.

Oh I think its dying too. I noticed that every time I took a photo of the plant with the exception of two times when I spun it the plant always ended up back on the same side with only one side getting hit by a fan that was too friggin close. I had no room to back it up so the plan was to just rotate 1/4 turn every day. Well, when I noticed the plant in the same position in every photo I took except two I spun the plant around and it looked ok on the other side. I also noticed it looked like it was slopped where it appeared stunted. So I told my roommate to NOT spin the plant at all.

So I did a 180 with the plant took a photo and left for the day. When I came home and realized he spun it right back to the same position I said something and he denied it. But the photo I took in the morning proved he was spinning it to the same side every day. I asked him why and he said, "Because I didnt want it to touch the wall."

I said, "But I told you not to spin it and even said I know you dont like it touching the wall but it wont hurt it."

He got angry and denied it. But the photo doesn't lie. Do I think that did it? NOT altogether. But it contributed I think. That fan is an oscillating fan about 16 inches in diameter and its about 2 feet away from the plant on low. But low isn't low enough.

But I also think he has been giving it nutrients while I wanted to wait because of his ridiculous belief that I overwatered the plant by flushing it. Which proves he doesn't know what overwatering means. Which also means he probably was feeding it fertilizer because he also said he believes its low. Even if it WAS low... it wasnt time to fertilize it right after I flushed it because that means giving it more water... And THAT is overwater and overfertilizing a stressed plant.

I kept wondering why it looked like so many issues at one time and now I believe i know.

So there is either nothing i can do about it and its done.... OR I can cut half the damn plant down and hope the other half survives.

I am posting the same shit over again. Furious. I cant believe this shit. A great plant like that and I could not figure out what in the hell was going wrong. Throughout the entire process little issues would come up and I would catch them very quickly. But not this time.
Today it became clear when I found he wasnt listening to anything i said to him. Then the denial after I caught him doing exactly what is said to not do?

You never suspect someone is sabotaging shit. Even if he didnt mean to.. He was doing it.

I noticed he believed he would grow some plants after these were finished "and show me how its done." He is the reason we missed the first two week feeding. He didnt know when to feed it and thought you feed it once. That is when I started doing research when I realized he didnt know anything. Well, not now. No damn way. I am done if this plant dies or doesn't recover.

He already broke a plant in the basement spinning them. Didn't even see he was spinning the plant while two were smashing into each other and one of the branches broke. It repaired with a couple ties... but that branch is now stunted.

He cant keep his damn hands off the plants and is here with them all day.

He kept saying, " I see purple hairs coming in" and I kept saying" No you dont, its no where near time for that"

UGH.

Well said here mate. I was one of those believers a few grows back that plucking leaves and exfoliating the hell out of the girls serves a good purpose.... My last two grows I have just let them be with basic net training and my results have never been better! Cheers you guys btw hehe.. I actually plucked two fan leaves that were literally covering a whole lot of sites the other day, i felt super guilty, but they had nowhere to be tucked..

NOTE: If you have good ventilation and air flow, you will NOT get mildew or mold etc, because you never defoliated. Pure kaka

Lol I always feel guilty taking fan leaves, especially healthy ones. However some times it has to be done, especially indoors since we’re really trying for penetration.

Good airflow and ventilation like you said will help ward off diseases more than any defoliation will, plus any damaged leaves will give you an early heads up about plant issues coming soon.

Huhuhuhuhuhuh Huhuhuhuhuhu.

This is my Beavis and Butthead impression.

I chuckled in my head when I said it.. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to shake laughing at stuff like that

Reading through you're posts, the number one issue appears to be the room mate, for whatever reason, constantly finicking with youre girls and unknowingly sabotaging them ? I won't ask why he is doing this, as I'm sure you fellas have a situation, but you need to have less hands on. They are plants tell him, not the house puppy we all get to pet every 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom