Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

Testing some CRF's

Experimenting with cheap house plants:
Potted two house plants; one with OC+ and with DM red. Both seem to be doing fine. but I guess I an expecting to much from the plants. They don't grow like "weeds" like I thought they would since adding the CRF's. Both are fine healthy plants, but haven't grown at the rate I was expecting.
One is in a large pot with a saucer under, and the other is in an auto watering plant sitter (not my plant in pic) that takes water as needed. I was considering using something similar for my next grow, or a wick, but not sure how well CRF's will do when not watered more frequently from above. Question I have is anyone using CRF's other than in hempys or soil? Pros Cons?
pointsettia_waterer.jpg

We've got a whole thread of people talking common sense here! It's a revolution....

AN, HnG, GH, Botanicare....they all need to take notice. The people are no longer under the spell....we no longer buy rip-off nutes from gougers and scammers.....and the plants like it better too.

yup they worked good for me, very cheap and very very easy to use. no more buying a ton of money on the watered down stuff
100_35131.JPG
100_3495.JPG
100_3497.JPG
100_34781.JPG

Irish GOD DAMN!!!!!:bravo::welldone:

thanks man. Grow Led Hydro leds work, TRF's work and Hempy work. this grow was in 100F+ for most of their life, they wouldnt flower for a few months i believe? got spider mites, got 10hrs of light and 14 of dark to get them to flower. these are just a few branches on many. These TRF work! i am sure they would have done much better if i didnt have all those problems.

YOU ROCK IRISH-
Much Respect

Maybe this can further prove a point, that when you veg longer, you get more buds...

You may also get hermie buds, but you get more buds?

Maybe not more buds; bigger buds, perhaps?

-Go

Re: Osmocote data sheet

here is a good starter point for applying Osmocote based on container sizes and temperatures.

So do we go with the low medium or high rate of dosage?

I went very modest with my last dose, and it seemed to work out fine, not Irishboy size nugs, but good stuff at any rate.

So...I realize all conditions make for different suggestions...

Let's say Promix BX, and maybe some miracle grow organics choice soil for some good organic matter into the soil.

The strain is mandala strains, organic, very nute sensitive from what I understand, and very efficient.

Thanks y'all! :thanks:

-Go

Phil you may want to check acehardware.com. If they have what you're looking for they'll ship it free to the store nearest you.

And if you haven't already, check out the store nearest you, they have all kinds of nutes. So does Tractor Supply.

We have a tractor supply - Headed there this morning! at least it's here in town.! Finally found the nearest hydro store within 500 miles (no kidding) and picked up the rest of my soil along with some dm silica. Need to get my babies transplanted and on their final stage! You know, I can't thank you guys enough! Irishboy, DocBud, SettingSun, BlueDog, you guys restore my faith in humanity (where I live it's disappearing rapidly!)!! Thanks again for all your help and info!!

Now to hook up some co2 and get all the use of the heat!!!

Re: Osmocote data sheet

So do we go with the low medium or high rate of dosage?

I went very modest with my last dose, and it seemed to work out fine, not Irishboy size nugs, but good stuff at any rate.

So...I realize all conditions make for different suggestions...

Let's say Promix BX, and maybe some miracle grow organics choice soil for some good organic matter into the soil.

The strain is mandala strains, organic, very nute sensitive from what I understand, and very efficient.

Thanks y'all! :thanks:

-Go

Personally I'd err on the high dosage side, esp with OC+. It's cheap & almost impossible to overfeed. I'm somewhere between 2-3 times recommended dosage and my girls couldn't look happier. :peacetwo:

We have a tractor supply - Headed there this morning! at least it's here in town.! Finally found the nearest hydro store within 500 miles (no kidding) and picked up the rest of my soil along with some dm silica. Need to get my babies transplanted and on their final stage! You know, I can't thank you guys enough! Irishboy, DocBud, SettingSun, BlueDog, you guys restore my faith in humanity (where I live it's disappearing rapidly!)!! Thanks again for all your help and info!!

Now to hook up some co2 and get all the use of the heat!!!

Glad to help, hope it works out for you!

Glad to help, hope it works out for you!

Ended up getting dm red, purple and mater magic from a website who is not a sponsor here. Really cheap tho, anybody want the info pm me. Glad I didn't mix anything too rich when I transplanted, now I can top feed some red along with the OC+. And that epsome biotone? Wow, when I transplanted this time around I should have taken pics, the stuff is awesome! Never, never had roots like this, in a 1 gal pot 2 weeks and almost rootbound! Well, maybe not rootbound, but I have never had roots like that at this stage, had to make room to ease them into their new home!! on my arjans strawberry haze the roots were over 12" long, the magus genetics motivation was 5" in diameter and the ball was over 6", tail was around 14", super lemon hazes were the same, lots of lateral branching!

glad to hear more good reports on CRF's phil, especially from growers who have used conventional ferts for a while and who notice things like root balls and root system growth, etc.

In a few more months, we should have a lot more data on how CRF's perform through the whole grow cycle as growers here start harvesting their CRF grows.

According to this site it is available in three formulations Hi-start, Standard, and Low-start. I wonder which one would work the best. :morenutes:

I know,Thats another can of worms. :grinjoint:

I believe those are in Scotts "Osmocote Pro" lineup, which is marketed to commercial growers and nurseries.

You can only get them in something like 50lb bags and need to be ordered from a dealer. They're not available at retail stores.

Phil kindly post the name of the site where you got your stuff, but not a link. That will cover 420's position on sponsors. Thanks.

These guys have the pro stuff, its around 138.00 or something like that. I was wondering, wow, this site REALLY kicks ass!!

Okay, here is the link - OSMOCOTE PLUS 15-9-12 (8-9M N) at YardLover.com to the pro stuff, they have 5 different kinds or so. here is the main website

Slow Release Fertilizers at YardLover.com

18-6-15 Regular

Nutrients are released at a low rate for the first 30 to 45 days and thereafter
about double the initial rate. Check label for complete directions.
Osmocote pro version - one of several available TO US!!!! Muhahahahahahaha!!!

Amazon has 50 lb bag for 108.00

Peace, fellas and ladies!!!:lot-o-toke:

Amazon has 50 lb bag for 108.00

Peace, fellas and ladies!!!:lot-o-toke:

Good God, 50lbs of that stuff will last a lifetime ! lol

Seriously, though...This thread has zig-zagged so many times, I think it's important to remember that Osmocote + is what most of us using CRF's are looking for. OC+ includes the chelated trace minerals that the other Osmocote formulas do not. Don't get distracted by the other versions of Osmocote. You are looking for the ORANGE cap :) I even found a version at Albertson's called Multi-Cote that works just as well as OC+. Carry on....

Seriously, though...This thread has zig-zagged so many times, I think it's important to remember that Osmocote + is what most of us using CRF's are looking for. OC+ includes the chelated trace minerals that the other Osmocote formulas do not. Don't get distracted by the other versions of Osmocote. You are looking for the ORANGE cap :) I even found a version at Albertson's called Multi-Cote that works just as well as OC+. Carry on....

Way to be objective Oldmxer!

OC+

This website is all about learning. One of the first things that must happen if we are to learn is that we must abandon the idea that we already know "everything." No one here thinks that....but most of us, myself definitely included, have fallen prey to the cannabis nutrient hype and the mysterious, secret methods used by "pro growers" who grow pot that is so much better....

Bullshit! (actually, using that would be a huge improvement over the chemical CRAP that is bottled and sold to gullible stoners in hydro shops)

If you want to grow fantastic weed, it's really not hard:

1.) create an environment that you can control, come hell or high water. That means it's never too hot or too cold, humid or dry, but always just right.

2.)adequate lighting

3.)a quality medium

4.)inexpensive, complete plant food

it's the complete part that isn't offered by the rip-off cannabis nute companies, unless you think buying 9 bottles of crap is complete. I call it a blatant insult to my intelligence.

OC+ is a complete plant food. So is dynagrow, Peter's, jack's classic and others. In soil and certain soiless mixes, Dynamite is becomes complete.

Don't buy things based on anecdote: "My friend grew great buds and he used______."

Learn to read a label. Understand that micronutes are crtical. Use a plant food that has 'em, or at least buy some micro's and add them to your incomplete plant food.

If you do this, you'll grow fantastic marijuana. But if you can't control your environment don't expect Big Mike to rock your grow with 499.99 dollars worth of Can-0-sewer and Bud Factor X. Your plants will most likely suck.

Simple. Easy. Spend your money of environmental controls. Save the extra 20 bucks for CRF's and an iron supplement.

Many of us have pictures to prove it.

Back
Top Bottom