OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

9-16 Update; (evening edition)

First the Old Beans;

This is how they looked in the AM;

9-16_001.JPG

And how they looked a half hour ago;

9-16_002.JPG

One more to go!:goof:

These will probably be the last pictures of the Widow in coco in one piece!:laughtwo:

9-16_003.JPG

9-16_005.JPG

9-16_007.JPG

9-16_008.JPG

9-16_010.JPG

She may have one or two more days...depending on how early I get up tomorrow!

The clones are starting to adjust to their new coco environment, I was a little concerned that I kept them in the bubble tub too long and let the roots get too big, but there seems to be no shock showing other than a few droopy lower leaves.

9-16_012.JPG

I will give them a week before I start to clean up the lower veg leaves and ragged lower growth to get some shape to them.

Hayley may have been too close to the big lights, it was showing some canoeing of the fans and seems to be much lighter green than the clones, that may be the generics of the plant, but I moved her down off the platform and up front to see how it reacts.

9-16_014.JPG

I got it this far...don't want to screw it up now! :hmmmm:

Thanks for following along! :thanks:

8-17 update;

Not a lot to report today, the current grow is getting cloudier with a few more amber trich's showing up, one of the Widow and one of the Kush gals are getting a lot of colorful hairs, not seeing much Purple on the Purple Kush yet but a lot of White on the White Widows.

Baby Hayley is looking about the same, as are the clones, the new tops are starting to produce leaves that look like MJ leaves so soon the training will begin.

No sign of life yet on the seeds in coco, been keeping them wet and warm with my fingers crossed but since I live in the path of the great eclipse that has everyone so excited, I plan on starting round 4 the day before to see if any solar/lunar activity will help me out!:cheesygrinsmiley:

My plan is to go back up to 500-600 PPM's of GA3 since that was the formula that has been most successful and have them soaking 18-24 hours before the grand event!:cheer: I will probably put them outside exposed in zip-lock so the retain moisture but get to soak up the action!

As promised I did a taste test of the purple Kush budlet last night;

8-17-17_002.JPG

8-17-17_001.JPG

A small bowl in my used and abused stone pipe that is as old as the seeds I am trying to pop pretty much took care of any aches or pains I had, slowed down the evening to a crawl, and had me forgetting what I intended to do a few times!:smokin:

The stuff was great for an evening of stoned R&R, I turned on the big screen, put on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on Kodi, plugged the headphones into the AVR and ENJOYED!

The taste was a little harsh through the old pipe, enough to give me instant cottonmouth and after a couple hits it started building, I took a couple more for good measure and that was all I needed...other than a beer to wet the whistle which was warm and half finished by the time I went to bed. No munchies craving, just dry mouth, slept like a baby and was still a little off this morning.

Can't wait to try the Widow, probably a good choice for the afternoon of the upcoming eclipse!

Thanks for following the ride!;)
Love Dark Side of The Moon Pink Floyd.

Just catching up OTM. I thrilled for you that 3 of the 4 old beans has broke ground. I like your chances of getting a breeding pair now. Keep up the great work. I don't know of anyone else thats had success to the point your at with old seeds.

The White Widow looks ready all right. It's one of my favorite smokes.

I'd love to know what's written on that piece of paper. A birthday greeting? A goodbye note? ;)

420-magazine-mobile412223916.jpg

I just started keeping individual notes for each plant, once transplanted out of solo cups. Im well past 20 plants and dont care to memorize the minutiae of what and when she was fed... gotta get some laminated cards with dry erase.

Or... its her death day card! "October 2nd, you will taste-my-axe!!!!"

I just started keeping individual notes for each plant, once transplanted out of solo cups. Im well past 20 plants and dont care to memorize the minutiae of what and when she was fed... gotta get some laminated cards with dry erase.

Or... its her death day card! "October 2nd, you will taste-my-axe!!!!"

Mercedes is stacking and frosty looking!:goodjob:

With 20 plants going in all stages I'll bet its hard to keep up with them...toe tags for them all!:laughtwo:

9-17 White Widow chop & Update;

I was up early this morning so the Coco Widow got chopped. It was not my biggest producer but it definitely had the nicest, fattest, and most dense buds out of all six. Even the little bottom nug's were rock hard and not fluff like the others before her.

9-17_005.JPG

9-17_004.JPG

The biggest cola weighed in at 1.6 oz wet;

9-17_006.JPG

As far as total weight, the bottom stuff came in at 64 grams, the middle buds at 98 grams, and the tops & cola's at 226 grams with 72 grams of trim for hash.

9-17_002.JPG

9-17_001.JPG

9-17_003.JPG

Its going to be interesting on how long it will take to dry these out, I have a feeling they will take awhile due to the density.

I also finished putting the rest of the prior harvests in jars, some of the bigger cola's from the last Kush gal are still curing in the fridge, but all of the rest are in quart jars with 62% Boveda getting burped daily now. I am noticing the alfalfa smell is slowly being replace with the smells much like in flower in the jars of the earlier harvests.

9-17_008.JPG

9-17_009.JPG

Good thing I bought 24 quart jars and 24 Boveda packs, the stuff in the fridge will take 5 or 6 more!:circle-of-love:

Hayley is not looking to good today, I was noticing some curled up leaves yesterday when I took pictures for the update. I moved it down from the pedestal it was on and up front. I think I was a little slow at noticing this because this morning it is looking much worse.

9-17_016.JPG

9-17_017.JPG

9-17_015.JPG

9-17_019.JPG

9-17_014.JPG

I raised the light up 6 inches more because even one of the clones were starting to show the same leaf damage;

9-17_020.JPG

I am pretty sure light damage is what is causing this plus the fact that they all were under mild T8's up till 4 days ago in the tent and now under 2400 (580 real watts) of LED's. I think the sudden change shocked them, their leaves were soft and not ready for the intensity of the LED's at 24 inches above like I had them.

I was expecting the clones to be the plants with issues going from DWC to Coco, not Hayley!:hmmmm:

The nute schedule & feedings are the same as they were when it was in the tent, the temps are around 68 degrees with lights off to 78 degrees with lights on and the RH will get up to 60% lights off down to 40% lights on, about the same as in the tent.

I am open to any thoughts any of you following have, Hayley will move into a bigger pot next week, but I don't think the pot size is an issue. :thanks:

Maybe tone her nutes down a bit too.. hope she gets better soon!!

I plan on giving it just PH'd water with about 20% run-off before I up-pot it next week, my PPM's are 380-400 and its PH'd to 5.8, the clones are getting PPM's around 520-540. Hayley gets its weekly nutes for 14 days verses 7 like the clones before an increase, but that could also be a factor because it was really growing the last couple weeks...maybe its trying to tell me it wants more!:laughtwo:

Mercedes is stacking and frosty looking!:goodjob:

With 20 plants going in all stages I'll bet its hard to keep up with them...toe tags for them all!:laughtwo:

My wife is looking at me like im crazy. Stoned, staring at my phone and giggling!

Back
Top Bottom