Outdoor darkness interruption

MadMike2

I have seen posts and discussion regarding dark cycles being interrupted, but they seem to apply to indoor growing only. I am investigating info about this, but haven't found much applying to my situation. Would neighboring fluorescent lights 50 yards away affect my outdoor plants now that most are in their flowering stage? There is no direct light on my plants, but can see some reflection on leaves even though these lights are 50 yards away.

I have seen posts and discussion regarding dark cycles being interrupted, but they seem to apply to indoor growing only. I am investigating info about this, but haven't found much applying to my situation. Would neighboring fluorescent lights 50 yards away affect my outdoor plants now that most are in their flowering stage? There is no direct light on my plants, but can see some reflection on leaves even though these lights are 50 yards away.
Hey Mike :ciao:
Outdoor girls seem to be able to take light from different sources and still keep flowing.
I had my 1000w come on for 10 minutes the other night and all is still well.
As Phyto " hey buddy " mentions the moon and stars shine without any issues.
If they are flowing your fine.
If they revert we would get a much different post from you.:rofl:
Hope everything is going well today my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Would neighboring fluorescent lights 50 yards away affect my outdoor plants now that most are in their flowering stage? There is no direct light on my plants, but can see some reflection on leaves even though these lights are 50 yards away.
Hmm, lights 150 ft away could possibly affect your flowering plants. You mean the light is reflecting off a window or something, then hitting your plants?

I'm guessing you should be fine then.

When using night interruption lighting to your advantage to keep plants from flowering, the parts of the plant that don't get enough light will start to flower. I'm guessing the opposite is also true – the parts of a flowering plant that get too much light in the night will revert to veg.

Thanks for that, cbd. I was thinking about last year and the less productive, less potent harvest compared to previous years. When commercial property expands around you, there's more lights, so I was curious due to various opinions on the subject of light/dark manipulation/affects. Likely, my soil or lack of nutrient regiments were previous problems. I'm learning all the time and appreciate you and the help/discussion that exists from others on this forum. Buds are building nicely and am watching over them like a hawk.

I grew plants on my Deck right in front of the sliding glass doors and never worried about the lights from my house affecting it. I don't know if I'm right to be totally honest but like numerous people have mentioned the full moon is bright as shit. I'm growing inside now but am still worried I'll get the dreaded light leak from just the air intake rectangles facing a windowless wall not very effective to walk around there with the lights out so it's dark.

Back
Top Bottom