Outdoor Grow Gone Wild

OlderStoner

Tossed some seedlings into a secluded section of my backyard. After 3 months a couple of them have began looking like the photo below. I've done several outdoor grows before but this is the first time I've seen anything like this. Many of the leaves only have one finger. The pistals are numerous in there but still very small. The plant looks to be healthy and well feed. It only get's about 4-5 hours of direct sun each day.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 304
So what's the prognosis. There are lots of pistals in there but they are small and whispy. All those new leaves don't allow much sun in.

The pistals have finally started showing up in force on these plants. One of them is about 7 ft tall which is really asking for it I know but I want to finish these out. The others are only about 3 - 4 ft tall. There's loads of growth. I went light on the FF nutes and only a little of the Open Sesame and Cha-Ching. Those have caused trouble for me in the past but with all the rain and these are totally outside the affects of the nutes thus far has been to burn a few of the leaf tips. But the plants look robust and ready to flower out nicely. My concern is that with all the veg growth the buds inside will not get the sunshine to really grow big.

You can spread out your plant. Tie a string, green tape, nylon socks anything soft tied loosely near the top third and attached to a ground peg. Works great just be careful not to snap them. Some strain are brittle as shit. I thin out the center. Kind of removing the popcorn bud sites . Good luck

Today was the last day for this grow. By my calcs it lasted a total of 193 days or 6.43 months. Out of six plants, I ended up with enough buds to share with friends, I'm talking lunch bags full of beautiful fresh buds that are really top drawer and put another 7 gallon size glass jars away. I won't be running out anytime soon.

So here's the scoop. Yes, MrFourTwenty nailed the reveging part. It all made sense once the plants started flowering again. They were thick with lots of deep green leaves. I started them in FF Ocean Forest potting soil then when I moved them to the earth I added plenty of compost soil I've been messing with for a year. I only gave them a little of the FF regime and some organic stuff I got at the big box store. They had all the water they needed from the heavy rains in the last 6 months but I kept them supplied with local tap water phDown'ed to 6.5 and then deep into flowering I used 6.1 on the advice of a nice lady at the local gardening shop. I know, there's lots of people who will tell in you soil, the ph doesn't matter. Since I've never really done hydro grows I don't have experience with that. In short, I worked diligently to see that these plants were well feed and watered and it just clicked this time.

Here's some other to the point things about this grow:
  1. The weather was hot this summer, many days up into the mid 90's. But the plants were only in the direct sun for about 4-5 hours each day.
  2. There was always rain, lots of rain.
  3. In the past, my outdoor grows had trouble with spider mites and other nasty bugs. Heck I even watched once as a bird picked a seedling clean out of the soil and ate it. This grow was pest-free, without using a single drop of pesticide. I did not see any of those nasty looking eggs growing on the underside of the leaves, not a single one. This was as natural and organic of a grow I ever did.
  4. When the buds were well along, I saw how whispy they were. Even as I picked buds from the first plants about 2 weeks ago. Most of them are lot's of air, not much weight after drying and curing.
  5. I ended up with what I'm sure were at least three different strains. Started with 20 seeds, 14 of them germinated, 12 of them made it to seedlings. Four turned out to be males, a couple more just croaked or never took to the soil. In the end I came up with six lovely females, which is exactly the number of plants I'm legally allowed in this state to have growing at one time.
  6. None of my nosy neighbors stole them. This was a total stealth grow, there were lots of other tropical plants around to conceal them. But you gotta know with all the police helicopters in the area, at least a few of them spotted my grow.

Okay, the time came with the reveged plants, lots of red hairs and loads of trichomes turning amber so I plucked two of them. It took about 60 minutes to get it all prepped for drying and my fingers and hands had loads of oil on them when I finished. After 4 days of drying I tried it and wow is it ever smooth. No harshness at all and you can not even feel it going down. But with only a few puffs, you're baked. The other two came out a week later. I had so much bud I had to call some friends to come and take some of it off my hands. Which they all gladly did and after trying it, they were very impressed with the quality and smoothness. This is the kind of weed I prefer and it only took 193 days.

And now for the Pièce De Résistance. One of the plants was definitely a sativa strain. The leaves on it were much narrower than the others. And I think the seeds I got her from were from a Skunk Haze mother. She grew well above the 10 ft level when I measured her last week. Her buds were fat and solid and she had tons of them all over. I was worried all along that this one would give me away. Either the local LE or security guard or one of the neighbors would see this one and make trouble of some kind. I know that at least two of my neighbors knew it was there and one of them had loads of twenty somethings around with their son. Like the police helicopters I saw more than once flying low of the neighborhood you gotta know that somebody else saw it. I was going to wait until Halloween night to pick it. My favorite holiday season. But alas, a storm blew through this afternoon and knocked her over. I stood her back up and even though I knew she'd live if I tied enough ropes to support her, I said, this is close enough and sawed her 2" diameter trunk and took her inside. I sampled some of her buds a few weeks back and it was great. Looking forward to getting this last giant cured out right and stored away for me and a few good friends.

Love it amigo! Congrats. So many growers so overdo almost everything--commercial soils, pesticides, fungicides, expensive growth-phase ferts (cough, snake oil, cough). Really awesome work & thanks for posting this interesting & informative report.

Back
Top Bottom