Outdoor Growers

Ace Seeds has a cross that's supposed to be pretty decent. Pineapple Banana Bud, it was approximately $52 for a 10-pack when I looked (been a little while). It's a cross between a Hawaiian sativa (I don't know which one) and a Mulanje Malawi sativa. Supposed to be tasty, have a really short flowering period for a sativa at 11 weeks, and not stretch too much. It's on my list of "like to try, someday" strains.

Ace Seeds has a cross that's supposed to be pretty decent. Pineapple Banana Bud, it was approximately $52 for a 10-pack when I looked (been a little while). It's a cross between a Hawaiian sativa (I don't know which one) and a Mulanje Malawi sativa. Supposed to be tasty, have a really short flowering period for a sativa at 11 weeks, and not stretch too much. It's on my list of "like to try, someday" strains.
Thanks. I see that New Brunswick carries the Hawaiian.

Sounds delicious. I’m a outdoors grower Prolly better for indoors where ya can control the RH. No?

I checked em out they have a Tropical Sativa pack looks great plus great price. Have you used them b4?

That be Marijuana Grower's Handbook, 2010. I also recommend Marijuana Horticulture Fundamentals, by K. Morrow, 2016. I have them both.

Well I haven't grown that... yet. Anybody know a good seed source for the Hawaiian strain?
I've seen Maui Wowie seeds being sold by vendors. How true it is to the Maui Wowie I smoked in the 80's I wouldn't know. That stuff sent electrical currents throughout my body, everything appeared to be viewed through Cinema Scope, and the comedy of life around me sent me into an exhaustive laughing fit.🤣

Here's a few GDP and a three leaved oddball clone ( probably cut from mother during flower from what I've read).
IMG_20220802_193537429.jpg
IMG_20220802_193450164.jpg
IMG_20220802_193517413.jpg

I've seen Maui Wowie seeds being sold by vendors. How true it is to the Maui Wowie I smoked in the 80's I wouldn't know. That stuff sent electrical currents throughout my body, everything appeared to be viewed through Cinema Scope, and the comedy of life around me sent me into an exhaustive laughing fit.🤣
That’s the stuff I’m talking about. A toothpick size joint and a carload was laughing like lunatics.

Hey Mike. I have been growing and cloning a Maui Wowie... I have no idea how authentic it is, but it's a good bud, maybe 80% sativa. In my reply above, I was talking about the strain called "Hawaiian" which is supposed to be 100% sativa. I've never tried it, but will probably get some seeds. Sativas are great for the tropics... my climate is tropical.

How old are they? Photos? Good looking ladies, you having any pest problems growing outdoors?
Germinated GDP in late April. Transplanted late May. Just started flowering a couple days ago except one GDP which will likely start in the next week. The GDP have not been bothered at all by bugs. The kush clones seem to attract bugs. A little neem or BT seems to keep them away. Gotta cage around them since chickens like cannabis leaves too.

Hey Mike. I have been growing and cloning a Maui Wowie... I have no idea how authentic it is, but it's a good bud, maybe 80% sativa. In my reply above, I was talking about the strain called "Hawaiian" which is supposed to be 100% sativa. I've never tried it, but will probably get some seeds. Sativas are great for the tropics... my climate is tropical.
Makes me wish I was still living in Florida but at least it’s legal here.

For sure. It has been very humid 70-90 in my area, then dropping to low 50's-high 40s. Lots of fluctuation in weather. There are so many micro climates around NorCal Bay area, then you get the fog rolling in at night. I shy away from Sativas in my older age. Too intense for this guy's brain. I would like to give that Blue Dream a try one of these days though.

Germinated GDP in late April. Transplanted late May. Just started flowering a couple days ago except one GDP which will likely start in the next week. The GDP have not been bothered at all by bugs. The kush clones seem to attract bugs. A little neem or BT seems to keep them away. Gotta cage around them since chickens like cannabis leaves too.
I got a leaf miner problem I sprayed them with neem a few days ago but it looks like they are still chewing. I ordered some SNS pest control but it won’t be here till Friday. I’m going to make +spray some homemade pepper spray in the A.M.

For sure. It has been very humid 70-90 in my area, then dropping to low 50's-high 40s. Lots of fluctuation in weather. There are so many micro climates around NorCal Bay area, then you get the fog rolling in at night. I shy away from Sativas in my older age. Too intense for this guy's brain. I would like to give that Blue Dream a try one of these days though.
I love Sativas, ain’t nothing better to wake n bake. I’m not into being couch locked unless it’s bedtime.

I got a leaf miner problem I sprayed them with neem a few days ago but it looks like they are still chewing. I ordered some SNS pest control but it won’t be here till Friday. I’m going to make +spray some homemade pepper spray in the A.M.
Have you tried Safer brand BT? It is OMRI certified and won't harm beneficial insects, just those that eat leaves. I used it on tomatoes. The trick is to use it twice, 5 days apart. Shake well and mist top and bottom of foliage.

Have you tried Safer brand BT? It is OMRI certified and won't harm beneficial insects, just those that eat leaves. I used it on tomatoes. The trick is to use it twice, 5 days apart. Shake well and mist top and bottom of foliage.
Have to pick some up,thanks.

For sure. It has been very humid 70-90 in my area, then dropping to low 50's-high 40s. Lots of fluctuation in weather. There are so many micro climates around NorCal Bay area, then you get the fog rolling in at night.
Oh wow... that's hot, and cold! We have a very mild climate here, basically daytime is high 70s to 80 all year round. Low in winter can get to mid 60s, and even down to like 57 but rarely. Our climate is very rainy and very sunny. The rain is usually not an overcast type... it usually rains and passes fairly quickly.

I shy away from Sativas in my older age. Too intense for this guy's brain. I would like to give that Blue Dream a try one of these days though.
Have you tried blending? I am really getting into it... I blend sativa w/ CBD bud in my grinder, and also indica with CBD. The CBD really tones down the psychoactive effects of the THC. And the THC "turns up the volume" on the CBD. You can dial in whatever you like. I highly recommend it. And then there's CBG bud... really nice pain relief. On Sunday I vaped a mixture of Blue Dream, Maui Wowie, and CBD... wow, wow... one of the best creative highs I've ever had... maybe the best. I felt like some energy channels opened up big time.

My go to for bugs is 2 tbs neem oil, 1 tbs Bronner's peppermint soap, and about 16 drops limonene in 1 gal water in the pump sprayer. I get food grade limonene (orange oil) from Florida. It's a non-toxic potent insectide... gotta be the best thing on cannabis... and it's one of the major cannabis terpenes! A variation would be just the limonene and some Bronner's. Too much limonene will burn the leaves.

My go to for bugs is 2 tbs neem oil, 1 tbs Bronner's peppermint soap, and about 16 drops limonene in 1 gal water in the pump sprayer. I get food grade limonene (orange oil) from Florida. It's a non-toxic potent insectide... gotta be the best thing on cannabis... and it's one of the major cannabis terpenes! A variation would be just the limonene and some Bronner's. Too much limonene will burn the leaves.
Spraying plants into the flowering stage has always concerned me. Should I be concerned?

Back
Top Bottom