Outdoor Grow Journal 2018

Thanks my friend
The critical in last group of pics is maybe nine feet from trunk to top..

Some are doing good, some not so good..

Sadly, I have to give up on several beasts in terms of insect treatment, as they are beyond saving. Just out of control mite problem with some of the strains. Infected plants look like they were peppered with bird shot....Several times.. Every leaf bitten up. I can only spend so much $ on spray for such large plants before I gotta pull the plug... Taking casualties is to be expected and why I choose to start off with so many plants.
I wish I had the comfort of tending to a garden in my back yard, but I don’t. It’s the real deal, natural environment and how I weed out the least disease resistant strains for my area.. Now just gotta find that perfect disease/mold resistant strain AND fast flowering..
There's def. disease resistant strains.

Sometimes pulling the plug is the smart call & ya never know, they might bounce back. I've seen some chewed up plants do that, some are just tough.

But you got some amazingly nice looking guerilla grows going!

I’ve had good luck with the indica dominant Critical and Cheese strains finishing for me. Relatively high yielder with a short flowering time if ya give em good soil and sun.
I’ve done pretty good with skunk strains too.
Anything indica dominant and mold resistant.

Tough summer to grow outdoors here in the northeast. I hope the fall is dryer and more forgiving. What strain would you recommend for growing outdoors in the northeast ?

I’ve had good luck with the indica dominant Critical and Cheese strains finishing for me. Relatively high yielder with a short flowering time if ya give em good soil and sun.
I’ve done pretty good with skunk strains too.
Anything indica dominant and mold resistant.
I grew Critical Kush a coupla years ago & it was awesome for me. As you said, nice yields, fairly quick finish, very decent mold resistance & served up a nice indica buzz.
I found lemon meringue to be quite resistant to mold, too & I love the upper sativa buzz it serves up, but not terrific yields & fairly long time to finish--more than 10 weeks from the onset of flower to chop time.

I grew Critical Kush a coupla years ago & it was awesome for me. As you said, nice yields, fairly quick finish, very decent mold resistance & served up a nice indica buzz.
I found lemon meringue to be quite resistant to mold, too & I love the upper sativa buzz it serves up, but not terrific yields & fairly long time to finish--more than 10 weeks from the onset of flower to chop time.

Very nice!
Sometimes ya just get lucky too in terms of fall weather.
I had a (60%)Sativa dominant NYC Diesel finish wonderful for me last yr. After she hit her ten week mark, we were fortunate to have a couple warm weeks mid Oct so I let her finish till the end.. One of the most potent herbs I’ve ever grown. Some people said it was too strong for them they couldn’t function. Lol

Very nice!
Sometimes ya just get lucky too in terms of fall weather.
I had a (60%)Sativa dominant NYC Diesel finish wonderful for me last yr. After she hit her ten week mark, we were fortunate to have a couple warm weeks mid Oct so I let her finish till the end.. One of the most potent herbs I’ve ever grown. Some people said it was too strong for them they couldn’t function. Lol
I loved every diesel strain I've tried, including Lemon, NYC, Blue City, & Sour!
I keep wanting to grow one, but I've been sticking w/ strains with less than 9 week flower time...I keep reminding myself that if I want strains w/ longer flower times, I can just hit a dispensary, which is an option that's wonderful to have.

Dr said no work another 3 weeks.. He said I’m not resting enough.... Sooooo,
Taking a break from the garden and farm chores today..
Had the pleasure watching this beautiful bitch rise above from the east.
Good day to all.

View media item 1593208
Cool pic but where is the fish pic? Or what kind of fish did you try to catch?

Cool pic but where is the fish pic? Or what kind of fish did you try to catch?

Was targeting Atlantic Salmon.
Boated 4 lost 3.. Came home with around 40 pounds of fillets. Gave a bunch away at dock..

In another couple weeks they’ll be spawning and I’ll come home with over a hundred pounds of fillets each trip. I like to smoke my salmon and pack for snacks in the woods during hunting season :cool:

My biggest fish of the season. 34 pound male, landed on 17lb test.
Took me 25 minutes by myself to fight and land. Still recovering from hernia so I wasn’t lifting him in the boat. Pic does not do him justice.
Couple young kids at the dock fishing when I returned for lunch. These kids were thrilled with the fish, taking pictures of each other. I whipped out my fillet knife and swiftly passed each one a healthy 7 pound fillet to bring home, and passed along a couple hot lures I thought they should try. Their tackle boxes looked empty:(
The smile on their faces made my day.. Didn’t really care if I caught another fish the rest of the afternoon at that point.

The strains I'm thinking of for my outdoor grow next year are primarily indica and are out of Canada, Romulan & Nuken. Ever heard of them or tried them ? There is a guy on You Tube Chef Derek Butt who now grows solely outdoors in BC and these are two of the many strains he has going at this time. Both yours and his are trees. He is thinking about moving from pots to beds entirely next year. I'm giving it thought but that is a long ways off.

Nice fish. The local rivers Just started opening here in Seattle's area king salmon , coho , and chum will be running this year. I personally don't do much standing in the rivers much any more 2 years ago I picked up a wooldridge Alaskan jet sled 17.5 feet flat bottom 115 merc with pump tunnel haul. All bells sms whistles. I'll be posting some fishing pics here shortly. I had a few I last year's 420mag. Journals.

Nice fish. The local rivers Just started opening here in Seattle's area king salmon , coho , and chum will be running this year. I personally don't do much standing in the rivers much any more 2 years ago I picked up a wooldridge Alaskan jet sled 17.5 feet flat bottom 115 merc with pump tunnel haul. All bells sms whistles. I'll be posting some fishing pics here shortly. I had a few I last year's 420mag. Journals.

Dayummmm I’d be afraid to get that boat dirty. Lol
It must be nice to have such a variety of trout to fish locally. I’ve got a couple hour drive with the boat to find salmon.
Yeah I’m not a big fan of standing shoulder to shoulder in the river during the runs.. Last time I did some drunk guy from Jersey jumped off his boat and swam to shore to fist fight me over a freakn fish!!

That moment when your checking garden and there’s huge gaping openings in the forest, where your bush’s used to be......with toppled and snapped marijuana bush’s on the ground..

As if two days of powerful storms weren’t enough, tonight’s was the icing on the cake here. It can only take one really severe storm to fuck your season. I seen it tonight.
First garden check post storm tonight, devastation. Most were broken, snapped, split or toppled. NWS said winds 72mph recorded. Seen rotating angry skies, no funnel.
Firing up the hot tub and a much needed smoke.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Back
Top Bottom