Small Backyard Garden With Various Strains & Methods & More

Awesome work. Boy that Tangie certainly kicked it.

Thanks for the detailed smoke report. That nice wake&bake go-get-em buzz is one of the things I really like about Tangie.

I like upper weed, so I often harvest a bit on the early side, too. Grew some critical kush last yr & the earlier harvest from it was not only stony, but the most upper buzz I've ever gotten from a indica.

Was gonna grow Tangie this year, but decided to go w/lemon meringue for my sativa dominant. I'm gonna bust it out of its cure in about a week. But I'm thinking Tangie next year.

Thanks, again, for the great journal & great smoke report! Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the props, Halped!
Interesting about the early harvest kush, that’s another great thing about growing, you can try to bring out different aspects as you like. At least when fortune smiles.

Thanks for the props, Halped!
Interesting about the early harvest kush, that’s another great thing about growing, you can try to bring out different aspects as you like. At least when fortune smiles.

I grow in the land of bud rot & mildew, so I often have to hvst a bit early to have smokable bud. But as a result, I've found myself enjoying the decidedly more upper early harvest. Sometimes when the early insurance & final harvests are a coupla weeks apart it's like two different strains from the same bush.

Enjoy your produce in good health!

I grow in the land of bud rot & mildew, so I often have to hvst a bit early to have smokable bud. But as a result, I've found myself enjoying the decidedly more upper early harvest. Sometimes when the early insurance & final harvests are a coupla weeks apart it's like two different strains from the same bush.

Enjoy your produce in good health!

Haha, “bud, rot and mildew”. Sounds like a law firm I dealt with once. That’s me here too.

Here's how the white widow turned out. I had 5 ww autoflowers, grew two indoors, two outdoors, and lost a seedling. The indoor was the first time I did that and I learned a lot about the growth cycle of cannabis. Indoor growing is more precise in a lot of ways. The indoor is really smooth at this point, harvested July 4.
The outdoor plants were harvested in August. They're smokable now but they'll get better in a jar for months. I got good weight and decent quality from these autoflowers. The plant that I topped and trained, growing in my raised bed, really did well. That's a model I will try to repeat next year.

The smoke is smooth with a good balanced high. Perfect for smoking throughout the day. Mild lemony, hint of earthy ness (surprise) and I get a little bit of vanilla. Or is it lemon meringue? I've shared it a bit and it's popular, good for gifting :)

Here's how the ww ended up, about 5z from the outdoor and. A couple from the indoor. It's interesting to smoke the indoor vs out, also.

Indoor grown, supplies are running out...

Outdoor grown on the right, bigger buds. One inground, much larger with the extra root space. Couple nice jars to put up for the season.

So I'm happy the way these turned out and I'll probably do a set next year.

Some beautiful looking bud Boatshoe, I LOVE sun grown MJ ;) mm looks so yummy, good morning and have a nice Sunday

Some beautiful looking bud Boatshoe, I LOVE sun grown MJ ;) mm looks so yummy, good morning and have a nice Sunday

Thanks, hortishorti, and I hope you have a good day too :)

There’s some festivals going on in town today for Dia de los Muertos and that’s fun to go to, so we might head over to that. Good food and music and people with their faces painted like skeletons and lots of families.

:tokin::tokin:
Excellent work Boat! Love how that tangie looked like a giant bud and then realized I'M A REAL PLANT and took off. Good smoke report as well. I can never get that kind of detailed info from anyone who smokes my dope. I get "yeah, i'm high."

"Yeah, I'm high" is the best positive feedback from your pals :)

:tokin:

Well, things are wrapping up here for the outdoor season. Here's the last chicken in the shop, took in the tangerine auto last week. This was a bonus seed and was a little neglected toward the end but came out nicely. It was a bit of a tough month for me, I'm getting caught up on some things. This was planted directly in the soil, fox farm ocean forest potting mix in a five gallon fiber pot.
I would have used a larger size but this is what I had. I will check the root ball though. I got the 5g size for indoors, and the 7s for out.

It's still a bit damp after a week in a cardboard box so the weight will be less but it's getting close. High rh and cool here lately.

The tangerine is the smallest one, on the left. This was a couple weeks ago before harvesting the bubba k in the foreground.

Here's a peek at the roots underneath for the autoflowers. The two bubbas had roots that filled the 7g fabric container and grown into the sides a bit and the bottom more so. The trained plant yielded more and had a much tighter extensive rootball and was more likely growth limited by the container. The smallest, tangerine strain, was definitely more root bound the roots had much more growth into the bottom especially. I also had some photo cuttings in 5g which showed the same outgrown root pattern.
Next time I will use at least the 7g and get some 10g outdoors, and the 5g for indoors for ease of handling, possibly a 5g/7g side by side.

Here the simple lst, just pulled the main stem sideways after the fifth node. Maybe I'll start lower, but I like to get a little height to keep the foliage up off the soil. The smallest is in front, it may be a bit hard to compare because of perspective

This is the one I didn't train and it got broken by the wind. Didn't have that top tie on it and the summer wind was ferocious.

Here's the rootball's. I would not say rootbound but they have filled the pot and have a firm rootball. The smallest is on the right. You can see it has the firm rootball from its dense ness, these fabric pots do a good job of keeping the roots from getting too bound.

A lot of growth into the bottom of the smaller 5g, less in the 7g. Bigger pot on left.

That's the pattern. The two 7g pots vs four of the 5g. Bigger post bottom of frame.

Another small detail, the broken stem that I taped up, with a dab of honey on it for fungacide.

Under the tape all grown back fine. I doubt it had much effect on the final outcome.

Just thought I'd share the comparisons for anyone picking out some new containers.

Cheers, :)

Thanks Sheddie,
I think your right about 3x with Lst. Next year I’ll do some more side by side like this. It’s so easy with these autoflowers.

Everything looks great Boatshoe, best of all you have some awesome sun grown cannabis! Hard to beat that ;) yum

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hi folks, happy autumn :)

Here's some buds on the littlest Tangie. It was so small and now has these nice flowers. Harvesting this after I do a fog.

IMG_047554.JPG

I see this brown dying off in the buds. I saw it since a couple weeks and suspected botrytis but haven't had time to investigate further. Now I dig some out and find worms. Ick! I haven't been spraying for weeks and didn't see much leaf damage. But these caterpillars are inside the buds. Another thing to trim out.

Inside that brown dead flower tip will be a worm.

These aren't too clear but there isn't much damage, but I gotta get them in

You can see the caterpillar as I've dug it out from in there. They must chew on the stem. Probably not visible in the shot, I'll work on that.

Here's that big one

I cut down one of the fogs, I post those pics next. Have a good Monday everyone

:thumb:
I grow outdoors in New England. I have been doing it for over 15 years now and I have lost the most beautiful and biggest buds from those bud worms. The moths lay there eggs right inside of the buds when the larvae hatch they start eating the buds from the inside out. Been using Monterey BT no problems

Back
Top Bottom