1stTimer Backyard Grow. Many questions!

photos uploading...they probably wont be ready by the time i go to work so you guys can always just check em out in my gallery. The plants took a beating the first week or two when I transplanted them to my buddy's house. Insects were eating them (slugs) then eventually they stopped. The pics I uploaded dont really show justice. The buds are very crystally(?) and red hairs are all over 3 of the 5, the other two have very white pistils.

I'll be harvesting one of the plants thats not doing so well this weekend. I'll make sure to post some nice pics. The rest....i think have about 3 to 4 weeks left, depending on weather. I checked them out this evening, all of them are doing well except for 1 set which are kind of lagging behind but still have some nice buds. I'll post some pics tomorow to get some opinions.

Harvest time! Well the weed looks alot like nothern lights and has a very citrusy smell to it. The weather has been really cold up here and I decided enough was enough and I began harvesting and curing all of them. So out of the original 10 seeds, only 4 actually came to harvest and here are some pics.

Some pics of the plants a week before harvest
HPIM2209.JPG

HPIM2208.JPG

HPIM2206.JPG

Yield off 1 plant
HPIM2229.JPG

Some buds :cheesygrinsmiley:
HPIM2230.JPG

1 of the king buds - not too bad
HPIM2231.JPG

My buddy helping out
HPIM2232.JPG

Coming along nicely
HPIM2233.JPG

420 :cool:
HPIM2234.JPG

Final yield - Not too impressive for 4 plants BUT we didn't expect much and hey..it was my first time growing.
HPIM2236.JPG

I'm drying it out using lunch paper bags. I'm guessing the yield was around 2oz.
If I had been able to keep them in the ground and in my backyard they would of been huge but they would of most likely been stolen or I would of been busted so I did the right thing. Thnx to everyone who helped and gave advice - much appreciated.

The pictures of the plants aboth are actually older, in those photos you can see how white the hairs are. I can't say because I didn't think to check. The plants were started from seedlings in june, its now October and the weather was getting extremely colder so instead of waiting for frost I picked them.

oh i hear you, I have an indoor grow with limited space so I'm scared I may have to harvest early as well. I know theirs a certain point the trich's need to get before harvesting or all is lost.

Ahh i see. Well we have tried the weed in its imature state when we topped it and we got decently high, the final buds had alot of crystals and stink like crazy so I suspect they are good to go. I can't see how I could of harvested them early - 4 1/2 months should of done it no? I don't know to much lol.

Ahh i see. Well we have tried the weed in its imature state when we topped it and we got decently high, the final buds had alot of crystals and stink like crazy so I suspect they are good to go. I can't see how I could of harvested them early - 4 1/2 months should of done it no? I don't know to much lol.

no no, not yourself, I'm just worried about my own grow. I was trying to gauge my own grow against yours in case I harvest early as well.

I'm hoping so. Be careful drying your buds, most people hang them up for awhile as this promotes airflow around the entire buds preventing rot. When merely bagging you have to air them out a shake around the buds multiple time daily.

Molded bud should be seperated as soon as its notice or it can spread plus and can make the rest of the weed taste like total shit. How can you have molded bud with such a immature plant, those bags are paper bags without a wax like interior? If you bag dry, use regular grocery style paper bags and it works best if you keep them off the ground. I hang my bags when I bag dry.

Ok. I don't see how it is an imature plant? These plants are 4 1/2 months old. The pictures of the plants above were taken probably 2-3 weeks before we harvested them [atleast] i dunno why I wrote a week. The bags im using are paper lunch bags, no wax - your typical paper bag. I seperated all the moldy buds and kept them in there own bag. Fortunately the moldy buds were from the first plant [small yield - small buds] that was put in a plastic bag for the first night [don't ask, wasnt my idea].

It's a little immature due to size. The yield you could have gotten off such a plant would have been much more dramatic. Each bud site could have been a cola inches long. What technically determines it is the trichomes. If they are still clear, it's too early and all will be lost. Once they turn cloudy your good to go. Most people wait until they get amber.

Keep the moldy bud separate and I wouldn't smoke it. I would try to hang the rest of it.

Sorry if it sounded like I was being a ass, I thought you knew it was immature. I really am just trying to help. Age of the plant doesn't really matter, its the time the plant flowers. You might of tripled your yeild or even more with another three weeks or so. Too be honest, I harvested early on my first grow too but I am not sure I really understood this til my second grow cause the yeild was a true eye opener.:winkyface::cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

ahhh i see. these plants went through alot of sh!t. They got transplanted numerous times which was because of my inexperience. They went from pot to ground then ground to pot. I pretty much rout bounded most of them because I had them 2 per pot until it was too late. But it was my first time so I don't feel that bad. Next summer will be a total different experience :)

I mean they looked nice as shit, healthy as any other. Try looking into LST in order to control the height and maybe you will be able to keep them longer!

Take a screen off your window prop it up off the ground a few inches and dump your bags of buds on it. let them air dry on the screen until almost crispy then put them back in the bag to cure! People need to understand BAGS are ONLY for CURING! NOT DRYING!!!!! they only should be placed in bags when they are 90% dry or more! they cure in the bags turning chlorophyll to sugars! making your weed sweet not biter! thats why a fresh bud only a few days dry is a little bitter! 2 weeks later the same bud is sweet as candy! NEVER BAG DRY BUDS!!!!!!!! U WILL GET MOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom