Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

OK, 4 tokes is too much.
3 is just right. Two tokes is equal to about 1 bong hit. I like toking a joint because it is much easier on my lungs. Nice airy puff.

Have you tried the @PerfectPipe , GB? It's very easy on the throat and for those times when I prefer a joint, the filters that you use in the Perfect Pipe fit perfectly into my silicone cigarette filter:

Silicone Cigarette Filter.jpg

Have you tried the @PerfectPipe , GB?
I was thinking the same thing, HashGirl-

I use a @PerfectPipe every day, in fact I've got 4 of them...being the lazy person that I am, I wait till all 4 of them are dirty before I clean them (which can be a messy deal if you're not careful) but that also means I only have to do it every month and a half or so...
I like toking a joint because it is much easier on my lungs.

The filter makes it even easier on the lungs, just change it every fourth bowl or so, and you're golden...

The pipe also comes with these nifty little rubber caps for cleaning, or you can pack a bowl, put a cap on the bowl end, and stick it in your pocket for use...whenever.

I've never owned a bong, and never learned to roll a decent joint, so it's Perfect for me..see what I did there? :)

And don't let the small-ish size of the bowl fool ya- fill that sucker up, and it'll kick your ass!🥴

Have you tried the @PerfectPipe , GB? It's very easy on the throat and for those times when I prefer a joint, the filters that you use in the Perfect Pipe fit perfectly into my silicone cigarette filter:

Silicone Cigarette Filter.jpg
Oooh - I like it. Thanks HG!

I was thinking the same thing, HashGirl-

I use a @PerfectPipe every day, in fact I've got 4 of them...being the lazy person that I am, I wait till all 4 of them are dirty before I clean them (which can be a messy deal if you're not careful) but that also means I only have to do it every month and a half or so...

The filter makes it even easier on the lungs, just change it every fourth bowl or so, and you're golden...

The pipe also comes with these nifty little rubber caps for cleaning, or you can pack a bowl, put a cap on the bowl end, and stick it in your pocket for use...whenever.

I've never owned a bong, and never learned to roll a decent joint, so it's Perfect for me..see what I did there? :)

And don't let the small-ish size of the bowl fool ya- fill that sucker up, and it'll kick your ass!🥴
I'll have to buy one and try it out.

Back in the day (the old guy says) I was strictly a bongloader. Now that I have a shitton of weed I roll joints and only smoke about two-thirds, discarding the roach (which acts like a filter). I take a few tiny puffs with a short breath of air in between to cool the smoke. My lungs seem much happier versus a year ago when I was still smoking out of a bong.

Back in the day (the old guy says) I was strictly a bongloader. Now that I have a shitton of weed I roll joints and only smoke about two-thirds, discarding the roach (which acts like a filter). I take a few tiny puffs with a short breath of air in between to cool the smoke. My lungs seem much happier versus a year ago when I was still smoking out of a bong.

I developed a chronic cough in 2015 and was forever trying to find a way I could smoke this weed. I tried so many water bongs with and without percolators but none of them helped at all.

The PerfectPipe is really great but it doesn't hold as much as a joint does so that's when I use my silicone filter with the added PerfectPipe filter and neither of them make me cough up lung the way the water bongs did.

I'm a fan of vaping - have a table top (don't know the brand) and PAX2 pocket model (I'd have gone w/ a 3, but they only had black in stock) Its a VERY cool smoke, and as you're only vaporizing the terps etc, notcombusting the plant, you avoid all that 'useless' smoke... Yes, it's probably over all less efficient (I've seem bits about re-processing ABV "ash" but almost never cough, and very easy on the lungs, just sayin'

I'm a fan of vaping - have a table top (don't know the brand) and PAX2 pocket model (I'd have gone w/ a 3, but they only had black in stock) Its a VERY cool smoke, and as you're only vaporizing the terps etc, notcombusting the plant, you avoid all that 'useless' smoke... Yes, it's probably over all less efficient (I've seem bits about re-processing ABV "ash" but almost never cough, and very easy on the lungs, just sayin'
Right on.
I'm gonna have to expand my smoking utensils. Perfect pipe seems a good choice. Same with vaping flower.

My stash is still curing in jars - 3 weeks now. Not real stinky yet but continuing to get better. The effects are absolutely wonderful! I thoroughly enjoy the high. Very peaceful and relaxing yet not couch locked.

Friends comments:

"Excellent, pleasant high. Made me very thoughtful of where I am in the universe. Best buds yet!"
- My friend who made edibles with flower from Cindy - the Gorilla SFV OG.

"Taste is ok but the high is WOW! Very potent. Definitely feel the Indica. Very enjoyable."
My friend who smoked a joint from Dawn SFV OG. He has a very high tolerance.

I'm stoked!
Wish it tasted better but still happy with the results.

Final update for this grow:

Buds have been in jars around 6 weeks now. The aroma continues to improve. Not quite as skunky strong as I had hoped but it still smells pretty darn good! Even better after I break it up or grind it. Better than last year's grow. Smoke is smooth and tasty. The high is pleasant and relaxing.

Overall I would say this was a successful grow! I learned a lot and will continue to improve on the next one - will probably pop some beans late April.

I really appreciate everyone who commented on this journal with encouragement and advice - THANK YOU!

*passes doobie to the left*

Final update for this grow:

Buds have been in jars around 6 weeks now. The aroma continues to improve. Not quite as skunky strong as I had hoped but it still smells pretty darn good! Even better after I break it up or grind it. Better than last year's grow. Smoke is smooth and tasty. The high is pleasant and relaxing.

Overall I would say this was a successful grow! I learned a lot and will continue to improve on the next one - will probably pop some beans late April.

I really appreciate everyone who commented on this journal with encouragement and advice - THANK YOU!

Better and better! Already looking forward to next spring. :)

Thanks for the ride Grateful!

Amazing how one makes friends, out here in the interwebs...
Enjoy your harvest, plan the next grow, appreciate life!
Thanks for notice you're closing the thread, Tag me on the next, please!
Hey Pete!
Thanks for hanging out with me here! I'll definitely do another journal in a few months. Should be fun!

Best thing about this forum is not just the learning, it’s the making friendships you never knew you needed.

Thanks for giving me both Scoobs. Xo
Trala, you are my idol! I love your style - you crack me up every time I read your updates. I appreciate your input, and I learn a lot from you - thank you!

Congrats on a successful grow, GB! I hope you'll be posting some smoke/eat report as they help me decide on what I may want to grow next.

BTW, there's an emoji for that ⬆︎. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:passitleft:

Congrats on a successful grow, GB! I hope you'll be posting some smoke/eat report as they help me decide on what I may want to grow next.

BTW, there's an emoji for that ⬆︎. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hiya HG!

Thanks for hanging around this grow!

So I smoked a doobie about an hour ago - SFV OG - and I gotta say the high is extremely pleasant! Not overwhelming but yeah you know you are high. I find myself pondering the intricacies of the universe a lot. I like to go for a bike ride and smoke a few hits at the halfway point at the top of the trail. I manage to ride back down the mountain without crashing so it's not too heavy on the body. I like it a lot!

For gummies I'm still using up the last of my Wedding Cake. I really enjoyed smoking that strain. I think that was only slightly stronger than this SFV OG. A little bit more of a physical high. Helps me sleep for sure. When I smoke it I could easily nod off for a nap. Not so much with the SFV OG. I'm more interested in enjoying what is happening.

Have a great evening!

Back
Top Bottom