1000 Watt Water Cooled Grow

KiwiKing

So I ordered my supplies last month and most of it has arrived so I am starting a grow journal. Here is what I will be growing with.

Grow Supplies

4x4 grow tent
Fresca Sol water cooled fixture
Fresca Sol Magnum reflector 34"x30" (HUGE)
550 GPH water pump
1000 watt sun system 10 ballast
1000 watt Hortilux HPS
1000 watt Growbright MH conversion
Sun Leaves hygro-thermometer
120 GPD 6 stage RO filter
4 inch carbon filter
4 inch vortex fan
18 inch Oscillating fan
5 gallon Microkote treated pots ***

***this is a really cool product that acts as a chemical root pruner by using copper. This prevents root balls by causing the roots, once they reach the pot, to turn back around. Also creates an extremely dense root structure allowing much greater plant growth. Should make for some monster plants.

Nutes/Soil:

Fox Farm Ocean forest w/ 20% Miracle Grow Perlite
Dolomite Lime
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
Fox Farm Big Bloom
Fox Farm Grow Big
Fox Farm Beastie Bloomz
General Hydroponics Subculture B
General Hydroponics Subculture M
Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus
Organic Blackstrap Molasses

Strands

sativa dom
Green House Seeds - Super Lemon Haze
Kiwi Seeds - Mako Haze

indica dom
Kiwi Seeds - Milky Way
Barney's Farm - L*D

I think that is everything. I am still waiting on the seeds to arrive from Single Seeds, a forum sponsor. I don't have a digital camera, but am going to pick one up tomorrow and get some pics up. Hope you all enjoy, I am really looking forward to using the MicroKote treated pots as they should produce some huge plants.

:thanks:

sounds sweet!!!

Yeah I'm pretty excited about it. With the water cooled light I can get within 6 inches of the plants, so I am practically running 4 1000 watt lights... Not sure if I will keep it that close but it will be within a foot of them.

Let's grow!

I went to walmart today and got a Kodak c160 digital camera for $70. Been playing around with it a little bit...Here are some pictures of my setup so far, not to interesting but I'm just figuring out this camera. Setup is not complete but will be within a week.

My Nutrient selection and a 60x-100x scope
100_0018_1600x1200_.JPG

Complete shot of the tent
100_0010_1600x1200_.JPG

Outside shot of the tent zipped up. Sorry it is sideways, it didn't want to rotate.
100_0015_1600x1200_.JPG

Here is a shot of the Fresca Sol water cooled lamp and the Magnum reflector
100_0013_1600x1200_.JPG

Fresca Sol water cooled lamp w/ 1000 watt HPS
100_0014_1600x1200_.JPG

Magnum Reflector (this thing is a beast)
100_0017_1600x1200_.JPG

Carbon Filter and fan
100_0011_1600x1200_.JPG

The 6 stage RO filter installed under the sink
100_0016_1600x1200_.JPG

and finally some dank ass Honey B for good measure
bb2ot2.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Hey thats a nice bud to get you up and going. I had a few questions about your grow tent like what size it is? and are the temps inside there about the same as outside?

Hey thats a nice bud to get you up and going. I had a few questions about your grow tent like what size it is? and are the temps inside there about the same as outside?

The grow tent is 4x4x7. Temperature is the same inside and outside the tent. The only heat come from the fan, which is minimal. The air is circulated through the tent and outside room so well that the temperature is constant throughout (the room is only around 12x12).

If however you are asking if it is possible to maintain an internal environment that is different than the area outside the tent, yes that is possible. The tent is thermally shielded which allows there to be a significant temperature difference between the inside and outside. This will only work if there is not air flow between the two.

The grow tent is 4x4x7. Temperature is the same inside and outside the tent. The only heat come from the fan, which is minimal. The air is circulated through the tent and outside room so well that the temperature is constant throughout (the room is only around 12x12).

If however you are asking if it is possible to maintain an internal environment that is different than the area outside the tent, yes that is possible. The tent is thermally shielded which allows there to be a significant temperature difference between the inside and outside. This will only work if there is not air flow between the two.

:thanks: for the info i have been looking in to get a grow tent just wanna see how it's worked for other

It's on! lets gro some dope! great setup...looks like you've done this before....

Thanks for joining. I've grown outside but this is my first indoor grow. I have done a considerable amount of research here at 420, but any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Just a quick update... I now have all my supplies, I am still waiting on the seeds and I had to return the Growbright light - the company sent me the wrong one so it should be a couple days before the correct light arrives. Hoping the seeds will arrive in the mean time letting me start germination this weekend!!!

:slide::slide:

The seeds I ordered arrived today. I placed the order 1-6, they were shipped 1-8 and they arrived today 1-15. Not too long of a wait considering they came from the UK. I ordered 2 of each type but will only be growing out 1.

These are the seeds on the DVD case they were shipped in.
100_0032_1600x1200_.JPG

I was planning on starting germination when the seeds arrived but I only have a 27 watt cfl, so will wait till my replacement MH arrives - shouldn't be any later than Monday.

I have a question about my seedlings. I am going to be soaking the seeds in RO water and then placing them directly into the soil to germinate and sprout. What should I do with the cal-mag plus...full strength...half strength or not at all?

i wouldn't use cal-mag on sprouts... not necessary.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Ultrasonic, I am using a heavy duty RO filter that claims to reduce ppm down to 0 so unless I see adverse affects the cal-mag is in order. Thanks though.

**also, how do I quote multiple posters?

Back
Top Bottom