1000 Watt Water Cooled Grow

I watered today. Looks like the pH has finally stabilized at about 6.9. :cheer: I also rotated the top soil on the SLH out with fresh soil as it had some salt buildup. My camera seems to be on the fritz...may be awhile before I can get some pics uploaded.

One other thing. The Fox Farm schedule calls for Grow Big (N) for 2 weeks starting in the second week of flower. They have been on 12/12 for 18 days. I forgot to add Grow big last watering as well as this time...will this cause any problems???

Good to see you rotated the soil. Sounds like you caught it just in time. If there hasnt been any signs of N deficency then you should be cool. Just keep an eye out for the def. If your PH is stright and you start to see yellowing occur then you'll know its a def. But til then I wouldnt worry to much.

I got home today and checked on the plants. Noticed they have gotten a lil frosty...not much and no real buds (just a bunch of white hairs). Anyway I decided to try and smoke some so I pulled a lil internode bud off the SLH and tried it....I got high; I was surprised cause it wasn't much and I just noticed them as frosty today but I did get high, Not totally stoned, but a decent mild buzz. ;)

I was thinking of getting basically the same setup but if i was to add c02 to the tent would i need to have a intake or exhaust if im supplying the c02? The tent is 5x5x7 with a fresco 1000hps

Thought I would post an update....no pics as the camera is still broken. Anyway things are moving along, really starting trich production...no real buds yet though. The problem L*D is basically a set of tops...where I originally topped it there are now probably 20 tops with no leaves on their stalks....major lolly popping. SLH is looking good...moving right along, the Mako Haze is also doing really well aside from the fact that I starved it for P the first 2 weeks it was in flower and is now only about 20 inches or so. It has really fine hairlike pistils not like the big fat ones of the other 2....also has some GREAT "pre" bud formation going...looks really impressive.

The milky way I have had in 12/12 from seed now has 5 nodes so I am expecting to see sex soon...hopefully this one is a female....

Thanks

Haha, ok guys, I know probally no one has checked this journal in over a month...I know I haven't. Anyway, there was MAJOR flooding in my area, so much so that it was declared a national disaster zone. There was almost 2 feet of water in my house so obviously the plants had to be cut and I had to move. This was about 3 weeks ago. I harvested about 3 ounces of bud that was a month premature. SOOOO....this journal is completed, and I will most likely be starting another once I get my new grow set up. In the mean time, I will be growing some Iranian Autoflower from Dr. Greenthumb outside for a late august harvest. The seeds should go in the dirt in a couple weeks.

For my next grow I will be using subcools super soil mix with a ScrOG. I will be growing out some TGA Subcool genetics, as well as some schnazzleberry #2 from Chimera. .....exciting!.....

Random question just from reading your first two pages. Do you need a Reverse Osmosis filter if your going to use tap water for your plants? I am going to start growing myself and have not figured out the best way to use water for the hydro setup i want. BTW I have just about the same tent, got mine from HTG supply says its 3"11 X 3"11 when setup i think its going to be 4X4. Also where do you live? I ask because I plan on ordering seeds as well and i am trying to figure out the best method to avoid paper trails and all that.

Haha, ok guys, I know probally no one has checked this journal in over a month...I know I haven't. Anyway, there was MAJOR flooding in my area, so much so that it was declared a national disaster zone. There was almost 2 feet of water in my house so obviously the plants had to be cut and I had to move. This was about 3 weeks ago. I harvested about 3 ounces of bud that was a month premature. SOOOO....this journal is completed, and I will most likely be starting another once I get my new grow set up. In the mean time, I will be growing some Iranian Autoflower from Dr. Greenthumb outside for a late august harvest. The seeds should go in the dirt in a couple weeks.

For my next grow I will be using subcools super soil mix with a ScrOG. I will be growing out some TGA Subcool genetics, as well as some schnazzleberry #2 from Chimera. .....exciting!.....

Dood, what a drag. I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine having 2" let alone 2' of water in my house. Thats got to be a lot do deal with, I feel for ya brother.

I was wondering were you went. I'm getting ready to flip the cycle on my 2k fresca grow. 20 plants in 3 gallon smart pots/coco. Check out the journal when you get a chance.

Random question just from reading your first two pages. Do you need a Reverse Osmosis filter if your going to use tap water for your plants? I am going to start growing myself and have not figured out the best way to use water for the hydro setup i want. BTW I have just about the same tent, got mine from HTG supply says its 3"11 X 3"11 when setup i think its going to be 4X4. Also where do you live? I ask because I plan on ordering seeds as well and i am trying to figure out the best method to avoid paper trails and all that.

You need to get a good ppm/ph meter and test your water. There is a grower on here, pitviper, who uses well water that comes out at 300ppm. mine is at about 90, I use the ro for piece of mind, plus I add cal/mag. There are lost of good places to order from. Attitude is good, hemp depot is good, Dr. Greenthumb is good.

Dood, what a drag. I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine having 2" let alone 2' of water in my house. Thats got to be a lot do deal with, I feel for ya brother.

I was wondering were you went. I'm getting ready to flip the cycle on my 2k fresca grow. 20 plants in 3 gallon smart pots/coco. Check out the journal when you get a chance.

Yeah man It was totally crazy. It had been raining all day and I hadn't been outside. I had just sat down to do some work, and I am hearing all this noise outside. I go to my front door and look out. There are ppl running down the street in 2 feet of water, firefighters and police everywhere, and then a firefighter yells at me I need to evacuate - NOW. I had no idea anything was going on and then BAM!! I am in total shock - I wasn't even aware the rain was so bad - freaking out cause I have a grow and there are cops and firefighters everywhere....anyway i left and then snuck back in later that night to clean my gear up. When I went back to my house, the water was about a a foot below my door. Later that night, while I was cleaning up, it rose to 2 feet in my house. The next day everything was destroyed and I was walking around town with a bag of buds reeking like no other. I was in shock for a week. it was totally crazy. There was so much damage, like every house in my neighbor hood had to be COMPLETELY gutted, and we are above the 100yr flood plane. It was totally insane...luckily i am getting some money from FEMA to help things out.

I'm on my way to check out your grow man.

:sorry: to here about the flooding, as long as your alright, thats what counts.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

I was wondering if you are using a supply, run off system for your light? It looks like your running tap water threw a 6 stage filter and expelling your exhaust down the drain. Im concerned with the water consumption in this type of cooling strategy, especially with the need to cool a multi light system.

Ok I see your not using the filter for the lights, however what is your cooling strategy for your light?

Back
Top Bottom