Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

I'm rethinking my strategy. 7 plants was just too much to deal with. My original plan was 3-4 plants. I'll shoot for that next time and focus on quality.
Agreed, looking at having 4x Autos and 2x photos, and thinking that's just a bit insane - The saving grace being the photos are in veg while the autos go to bloom, then the photos go to the shed, and we start a new batch of Autos... Gonna get CRAZY if I start cloning these photos!

Agreed, looking at having 4x Autos and 2x photos, and thinking that's just a bit insane - The saving grace being the photos are in veg while the autos go to bloom, then the photos go to the shed, and we start a new batch of Autos... Gonna get CRAZY if I start cloning these photos!
I really wish I could grow indoors.

My dry and cure is going well. Only 3 bags remain in the fridge. The others are in jars or turkey bags getting burped twice per day. A few have slightly high RH - 67% but I'll burp for a little longer each day. I'm also using a small hand-held fan to gently blow air into the turkey bags for a minute or so when I burp. This should help bring the RH down.

Got my fingers crossed that the stinky returns and the grassy goes away. Actually there is hardly any grassy right now, knock wood.

I'm rethinking my strategy. 7 plants was just too much to deal with. My original plan was 3-4 plants. I'll shoot for that next time and focus on quality.
Omg I’m doing 7 atm. And wayyyyyy toooooo muchhhhh.

Particularly when you need to nit wash twice weekly.

Going forward I want 3. One flower. One veg. One seedling.

I just need to work out how to do it lol

Omg I’m doing 7 atm. And wayyyyyy toooooo muchhhhh.

Particularly when you need to nit wash twice weekly.

Going forward I want 3. One flower. One veg. One seedling.

I just need to work out how to do it lol
You are doing great!
I shouldn't complain. Other growers here have quite a few plants going at once. I just need more successful grows to get more confident.

You are doing great!
I shouldn't complain. Other growers here have quite a few plants going at once. I just need more successful grows to get more confident.
Me too.

This grow has been a game changer for me. I have learned so much about nit control and training. But it takes a lot of work.

I’m looking forward to smaller more manageable grows.

Bags / jars of weed are still getting burped. I originally used 4 large grove bags and several jars to burp, however the bags were getting me flustered. One day I'd check and they were 59% - so I moved to big jars. The next day in jars they were back up to 66% so I moved back to the turkey bags. Today in bags several were low again - 60% - so I moved back into large jars and will just leave there. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the turkey bags.

Several others that were in jars getting burped twice a day for 7 days are now stabilized at 62% - so I added Boveda packs. I'll burp them once per day for another week. So far hardly any grassy smell remains. Got my fingers crossed that the nice stinkiness returns.

So far I like what I see and smell.

I have found that no matter how tightly you close turkey bags the plastic is porous, so they'll eventually become the RH of the ambient air.
Interesting. Did not know that. No worries - all in jars now. Only one is a little high again so I may just leave it and burp a little longer. I see your dry is is going well - how long did you burp in turkey bags?

I got several jars of stinky weed sitting at 62%.
Well, not that stinky yet. But the grassy smell has pretty much gone away. I'm thinking burp only once or twice per week just for 20-30 seconds unless they get grassy, then I'll burp more frequently. Boveda packs inside the jars to keep at 62%.

Twisted up a doobie from one of the jars and it hits pretty good. Not quite as tasty as I would like yet but not bad at all.

Good job Scoobs!

I’m not sure how but mine has stayed at 61%-63% since I took her from the fridge with no bodevas. I watch her like a hawk lol.
Wow that is outstanding!
This time I tried a new tactic - dry to about 66-68% RH, then place into jars. Burp often to slowly get down to 62%. I'm hoping this lets the grassiness vent off better. So far I think it is working but time will tell.

(yes I'm high)

Smoke Report:
I harvested Dawn (SFV OG) on 10/1, washed then placed in bags in the fridge. Went into a turkey bag on 10/14 (about 66% RH). Over the next week burped down to 62% RH and been hovering around that for a week. So a week in a turkey bag and a week in the jar.

Grassiness is pretty much gone but the stinky is not quite there yet. After grinding it smelled really good - kinda fruity which was weird. Not like an OG smell at all. The piney / lemony OG taste did come out when smoked. Tasted nice! Could be better - and should be better in another few weeks. Almost there.

I rolled a joint with a folded paper tip (not a fan of weed in my teeth). I lit the twisted end with an electric Zippo lighter (no butane / lighter fluid smell). I puffed the joint several times without inhaling to get the cherry well lit, then lightly blew smoke out the lit end for two seconds to remove the paper taste. I then took 3 small puffs: Puff . . . inhale air . . . 3X, hold for 2 seconds, then exhale. Repeat 2 more times. Hey this is science.

Immediate effect. Not heavy / stoney but I knew I was pleasantly high. After a few minutes I really knew I was high. Nice! After an hour I was still very high, yet mellow. I still function and have a somewhat normal conversations. More cerebral than body. Relaxing. Two hours later still high but starting to lessen a bit. Can't decide whether I want to go smoke a few more hits or give it another hour. Nah, I still feel really good. Let's give it another hour.

Peace out.

Back
Top Bottom