PacificPeach's 2nd Grow: Auto Narcotic Kush, Afghan Kush & Tangie

I have been keeping busy every day with my plants although I neglected to take pictures today.

I was able to top the last of my 4 autos. They are between 14- 24 days old now. Unfortunately, I probably stunted their growth by transplanting them. Time will tell.

I also used some flexible wires to do some LST then put a little more vinegar & baking soda in the jar. I also decided to go 24/0 until the stretch is over. I think I will need help figuring that out somehow though.

The humidity was 51% and it was 68 F when I opened the tent - maybe a little cool. I hope having the light on 24/0 will help with both the temperature and give the plants a little extra boost after I stressed them :))

Everything looked good today. I did a little more lst on the larger 2 of the plants. The other 2 are about a week behind the 1st two.
IMG_136534.JPG
IMG_136237.JPG
IMG_135936.JPG

IMG_136441.JPG

I have been doing light LST on these everyday. I had a few mishaps. So two of the the plants I topped, instead of having four main branches, will have three. I guess I messed with them too early after they had been topped. I feel badly about my mistakes & I know it will reduce the harvest.

I did buy Cal-mag and the Kangaroots fertilizer today and I mixed a batch with 1 gallon of water and 1 tsp of each. When I looked it up, it seemed like 2 tsp per gallon is recommended in veg, so I cut it in half. These plants have taken a beating and I would love them to grow a little more before they start to flower. They just seem like they are growing at a slow rate. I still have them on 24/0 light cycle so hopefully that will help.

The humidity was about 58% and it was 78 F today. I would rather it was a little less humid but it's pretty close to where I want it.

One thing I'm noticing is that the two older plants are growing about an inch per day. So maybe they are starting their growth spurt. The other two plants are a full week behind. I have to keep reminding myself that when it's harvest time. One thing I find with myself is that I can't keep all the dates straight- which is why I'm keeping the dates right on their tags this time.

I put the iPhone 'fade' filter on my pictures to reduce the LED light effect. I will try to look into other ways to do that. LED really warps the colors unfortunately.

IMG_143836.JPG
IMG_143648.JPG
IMG_143439.JPG
IMG_143238.JPG

Today's updates:

Just did some LST on all 4 plants:

Narcotic Kush - this plant will have 3 main branches since I broke one of the new shoots after I topped it. Anyways I have been needing to add new wires everyday. I found several feet of leftover electrical wire in my basement. It's been working great for training my plants.
IMG_144341.JPG

This is Afghan Kush #1. Unfortunately, she also lost one of her main branches, but this time it was one of the 2 branches at the 2nd node. So this plant will also have 3 main branches.
IMG_145732.JPG

Afghan Kush #2 - this one I tried to FIM, but then the next day I didn't like the looks of it, so I topped it below where I had fimmed it. So now, it has several tiny shoots at the cut, in addition to 2 main shoots. Not sure if this picture really shows it.

IMG_144537.JPG

And this is a group shot. Will get a WW shot later.
IMG_145136.JPG

Re: PacificPeach's 2nd Grow - Auto Narcotic Kush - Afghan Kush & Tangie

Subbed :D I have about 8 autos right now and 7 of them at about the same age as yours. I'm doing a bit of LST myself but I'm a bit scared too with autos. I'm Interested to see how yours progress and mine at the same age :D

And the ladies are looking great keep it up

Sent from my Aquaris X5 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Subbed :D I have about 8 autos right now and 7 of them at about the same age as yours. I'm doing a bit of LST myself but I'm a bit scared too with autos. I'm Interested to see how yours progress and mine at the same age :D

And the ladies are looking great keep it up

Thanks so much for the encouragement xNugget! I will check out your journal. I'm scared also and I feel like I don't know if I'm doing anything right but I am having a blast!

Thanks so much for the encouragement xNugget! I will check out your journal. I'm scared also and I feel like I don't know if I'm doing anything right but I am having a blast!
Same but we learn from our mistake and at least we were able to find out about 420 forum's if it wasn't for them idk what I would do .

I have been trying to keep my hands off these plants for the last few days. They are definitely getting bushier. Afghan Kush number one has small buds starting. Narcotic Kush looks much better. Today I gave them a feeding with a little Cal-mag, Kangaroots, Big Bloom, Grow Big & TigerBloom, everything 1/2 strength. I have to come up with names this weekend -no excuses! Here is the much improved Narcotic & a group shot. You can see how tight my space is. I have the fan going and some of the vents open to keep the fresh air flowing in there.
IMG_150428.JPG

So today I found one leaf on the Narcotic with a lot of discoloration. I unfortunately don't have a picture of the leaf but I'm going to look up that leaf chart on line. I'm almost positive I over-fertilized them. I gave them Cal-mag twice this week and I was just reading that there often some cal-mag that's in the soil already. I left them alone today - if it's worse tomorrow I might flush them with plain water.

IMG_150842.JPG

Everything looked good today - I misted the leaves with plain water since I had spilled nutes on some of them one day. The humidity was 54 and the temp was 78. I turned the heating pad off because I think the pots are a little too warm. I also turned the timer on so the lights are 20/4. I've had the lights on 24/0 for weeks mainly because it has been so cold and my tent is in my unheated basement. It's getting a little warmer in New England finally.

The temp was 67 F and humidity was 47% today. I started leaving a vent partly open yesterday to bring the humidity down a little. I don't have a filter or exhaust fan so I have to control the humidity with the vents. At some point I need to bite the bullet but for now I will try to manage.

My biggest challenge right now is monitoring and adjusting my temperature and humidity levels. It’s a daily battle.

We had a few warm weeks, but now we're back to bitter temperatures here. The temps outside are wreaking havoc on my tent, which is in an unheated basement. The basement temp is about 45 - 50F and the humidity is about 50%. If it were warmer, I could try to start leaving the vents open all the time, because my basement humidity is perfect. However, the basement temp is way too cold for my tent.

My goal humidity level is about 40-60% since my plants are beginning their flowering period. I have to keep opening and shutting different vents part way or all of the way to try to adjust and control the humidity. When it was too dry in the tent, I put a cup of water inside to increase the humidity and it helped a lot. I usually keep the oscillating tower fan on 24/7 to try to keep the airflow going in there.

My goal temperature is about 70F. I set up my tent on a piece of foam insulation to insulate it a little from the floor. I also have had this old seedling heating pad set up in the bottom of the tent to keep it warm. A few weeks ago, the weather warmed up a lot and I turned off the heating pad because it was getting too hot in the tent. However, it has been about 20F here at night for about a week. On Friday the tent temperature was 67F and the humidity was 47%. On Saturday the temp was 67F but the humidity was 35% - too low. At that point, I turned the heating pad back on and shut all the vents. I also watered everything with plain water. On Monday, the temp was 74F, but now the humidity was too high – like 70%. So I opened a couple of vents. I just have to constantly adjust things.

Here are some new pictures:

FullSizeRender_110.jpg

3/13/17 - Afghan Kush Ryder #1 - Day 44 (33 + 12)
33 days from germ to flower - Day 12 of flower

This plant went into flower very quickly and it’s now the runt of my plants. It seems to have stopped growing for the most part. I’m disappointed that it is so small. I topped it on 2/12, but somehow I messed up and one of the two new branches broke off after it started growing from the top.

FullSizeRender_214.jpg

3/13/17 - Afghan Kush Ryder #2 - Day 38 (37 + 1)
37 days from germ to flower - Day 1 of flower

This plant is much healthier than her sister plant. I had actually tried to FIM this, just to see what would happen, but the next day, I topped it. It ended up having a few extra tips coming from the top. I left it alone for the most part after that.

FullSizeRender_44.jpg

3/13/17 - White Widow - Day 37 (35 + 2)
35 days from germ to flower - Day 2 of flower

I topped this plant and it seems to have responded well. I grew WW in my last (first) grow, and this plant is following the same time frame as my prior WWs. However, I did do some LST on this so we will see if it improves the harvest.

FullSizeRender_39.jpg

3/13/17 - Narcotic Kush - Day 48 (48 + 0)
48 days from germination to now.

This is the only plant that hasn’t started to flower yet, but it was the first to germinate. I topped this plant, and then I might have gone overboard with the LST. Maybe by doing that, it held off flowering? I’m not sure.

Group Shot 3/13/17
FullSizeRender163.jpg

Back
Top Bottom