Morning Weasel mate

Home for a few days and bored, I came across your thread here. Maybe I can give you some ideas from my experiences.

I know some of you know me and some of my story, but for those that don't, here's a condensed version.

I am 47 yrs old and although I tried weed a few times as a teen and my early 20s, I was a drinker and never cared for weed. The stuff we got around here when I was young was garbage and stunk compared to what is now available and did little or nothing for me.

I have dealt with pain, of one sort or another, most of my life and treated it with off the shelf pain remedies. Some helped for some types of pain, some didn't. About 10 yrs ago, I started having issues with my neck but it was intermittent and I wrote it off to old injuries that I would have to put up with.

About 5 yrs ago, the issues with my neck started causing my right arm to feel like it was broken which later developed into pain and numbness. After much urging by my other half who thought I may be having heart issues, I went to the doctor. X-rays revealed I have bone spurs on my spine that put pressure on the nerve bundles and cause the pain. Prescription, non opiate painkillers helped with the arthritis but did little to nothing for the nerve pain and caused all sorts of other nasty things to my system. The pain and numbness worsened to the point I lost strength in my right arm and couldn't even swing a hammer anymore and I was drinking a quart or more of rum every night just to dull the pain and try to sleep.

I was laid off from my position and bored, I decided to try growing cannabis, I have a lot of friends who smoke. As I researched growing, I found a lot of evidence of medical uses including pain relief. So I started growing and trying different types.

I found some relief with some strains and haven't taken prescription drugs in over two years now and drink very little. It wasn't until I started making oil and using it nightly that I found real relief.

Now here's the part that may be helpful to you Weasel, especially considering you probably have a high tolerance for cannaboids. Oil being concentrated and relatively consistent in potency, makes dosing easier. Especially if using a vape pen for the oil. The other thing I have found, that may be of interest to you Weasel, is that the effects of oil are much different that those of smoking bud. I make my oil from hybrids that are generally indica dominate but with the oil I can remain clear headed and function if I chose to or I can relax and sleep if that is what I choose. Whereas smoking bud can be somewhat unpredictable and can knock me on my ass sometimes even though using oil tends to give me a high tolerance.

My best advice, based on my own experiences, when trying oil for pain, is to be consistent and go slowly with dosing until you find a dose that works. Since using oil nightly, after I am done for the day, I have regained strength in my arm and have been back to work for over a year. Cannabis is not a cure-all, I still have bad days that are incapacitating (4 or 5 times a year) but most days I am pain free and the days I am not, they are bearable.

As a sid note, concerning indicas and paranoia, keep some pepper corns on hand and chew them or sniff some pepper, it is supposed to help. I can't confirm this as I have never felt paranoid but something to try for those that do feel it.

Hope some of this helps mate

RC

Good to see you about Mr. Celt. :cheesygrinsmiley: Missed you. :hug: :love:

I couldn't agree more. The relief and euphoria from oils is a completely different effect. I've been playing with a fresh harvest oil that would interest you. Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

It's easily the most potent oil I've made to date, including CCO.

Hello Sue :)

It's good to to see old friends again :)

I am still working on the road but should be finished in a month or so and then just gone in the daytime. I am looking forward to being done travelling for awhile and having time to tend to my crops again as well as popping in here to see friends.

RC

:thanks: for the welcome sweetsue as for my username I always thought it meant the time like right before the morning but I really just made it up as a kid for a StarCraft name and I have used it ever since.

I have tried edibles before like homemade brownies etc.. and they do work great just because of living arrangments ive never made any butter or oil myself but I can now so yay..

I'm also pretty excited for it to be legal here so I can hunt down some good painkilling strains that have a large mix of cannabinoids everyone focuses (sp?) on THC and CBD so much but theres like 39 other cannabinoids that I'm sure have a variety of benefits and effects..

also about these infused oils is that what you would use to make topical creams? that's what I really want to try and make a cannabis cream I know you can make them just haven't researched it very well

:thanks: for the welcome sweetsue as for my username I always thought it meant the time like right before the morning but I really just made it up as a kid for a StarCraft name and I have used it ever since.

I have tried edibles before like homemade brownies etc.. and they do work great just because of living arrangments ive never made any butter or oil myself but I can now so yay..

I'm also pretty excited for it to be legal here so I can hunt down some good painkilling strains that have a large mix of cannabinoids everyone focuses (sp?) on THC and CBD so much but theres like 39 other cannabinoids that I'm sure have a variety of benefits and effects..

also about these infused oils is that what you would use to make topical creams? that's what I really want to try and make a cannabis cream I know you can make them just haven't researched it very well

Yes, infused oils are used in topicals. You choose the oil to match the need. For instance, I have patches of psoriasis, so I use coconut oil. Grape seed oil is very good for many creams, as it absorbs so nicely. The best recipe I've come across here for a cream is the one Dave Groomer came up with over at Magnus8's topicals study hall. You might want to check that out. Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall There's a wealth of information and they brainstorm. Dave's recipe:

I infused 2c of Grape Seed Oil with 16g assorted bud. The bud was decarbed @ 230f for 110 minutes. Added to oil in pyrex dish and cooked in oven @200f for 8hrs. Strain. In double boiler I put 1c uninfused GSO. 1.3oz beeswax grated into the oil as it heats. Once all the wax is melted, add 1c infused oil and combine. Pour out into 2 8oz containers. Works so much better then the last version.

I would normally add essential oils of some type (Lavender, sandalwood etc) but the person I was making this batch for has very sensitive skin and we wanted this the be the bare bones version. :circle-of-love::peace:

I have a blog that shows the process, more or less. It's of the original recipe that we found on site. There's a link in my blog. Easy Pain Cream

Sue what do you think the point is of adding a cup of uninfused oil is? Instead of just using infused oil? Where this becomes a stumbling block for me is that the MB machine needs a minimum of two cups to work- therefore I need to make four cups in total if I do it this way.

And thanks for the info everyone. Been too busy to address a couple things I want to comment on. But I do want to say what I should have said in the first post. This isn't my thread. It's just a thread for the subject- so -(if this even needs to be said) no one needs to think twice about posting whatever they want about their own situations. Post away- it's all good info.

Sue what do you think the point is of adding a cup of uninfused oil is? Instead of just using infused oil? Where this becomes a stumbling block for me is that the MB machine needs a minimum of two cups to work- therefore I need to make four cups in total if I do it this way.

And thanks for the info everyone. Been too busy to address a couple things I want to comment on. But I do want to say what I should have said in the first post. This isn't my thread. It's just a thread for the subject- so -(if this even needs to be said) no one needs to think twice about posting whatever they want about their own situations. Post away- it's all good info.

I'd think that was to dilute the oil. It's the only thing I can think of. Many people do CCO in a 1:1 CCO:Carrier Oil. I'd just infuse two cups Weaselcracker.

Hope you don't mind mate. I just found this and thought it might help some med users..

Originally Posted by shantibaba View Post
Hi All

Sorry been full steam ahead the past 6 months with some great collaborations especially with CBD crew and other Seed companies.

So to dispel all future questions here is the list officially and strain names CBD crew is exclusively making for each major Seed company with their exclusive mother plants lines.
1. Dutch Passion buy CBD Skunk Haze and resell it under their label. CBD crew also make CBD Kush exclusively for DP ...look for the numbered hologram stickers for authenticity.
2. Paradise Seed Company have CBD Sensi Star and CBD Durga Mata exclusively made from our CBD crew production facility.
3. Barneys Farm have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list soon, plus they buy 2 CBD crew existing strains and relabel them under their label.
4. Positronics have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list soon, plus they buy 2 CBD crew existing strains and relabel them under their label.
5. Roor Seeds re-label CBD Mango Haze under their label.
6. Dinafem have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list soon, plus they buy 2 CBD crew existing strains and relabel them under their label.
7. Medical Seeds have 1 exclusive being lab tested and will have it on their list soon.
8. Eva Seeds have 1 exclusive being lab tested and will have it on their list soon.
9. Grassomatic and CBD crew collaborated and released jointly CBD Medigom 1.0 last September 2013, and continue to work on new CBD enriched autoflowering strains ...in collaboration.
10. Serious Seeds have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list before the end of 2014.
11. Cannabia Seed Company have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list before the end of 2014.
12. TH Seeds have 2 exclusive being lab tested and will have them on their list before the end of 2014.
13. Bulk Seed sales of CBD crew products also began this last 6 months but we only guarantee CBD enriched seed sold if illustrating an official CBD crew hologram with numbers...or ask us directly to verify if it is official CBD crew authentic seed.

So hopefully this is a full updated list since after Spannabis 2014.

All the best shantibaba

Thanks Grizzwald. I'll probably sprout another CBD Therapy soon and see if it turns out better (bigger :laughtwo:) Also I have CBD Purple Orange (if I remember the name right) which I should try.

Sue I got your pm about mixing the oil/beeswax solution separately because of the heat involved. I'd come to the same conclusion already. Beeswax melts at around 150°, so that could be enough to mess up the THCa, right?
I made a batch of oil using a pile of high thc bud and a smaller amount of CBD Therapy, both decarbed. Along with a bunch of non-decarbed high thc bud for THCa. I left it in the MB machine for four or five days and kept it going at the lowest heat setting (130° F)- cranked it on for an eight hour sessions whenever I was around. This was because of that thread that sent you the link to - where the guy ran his for a week and it was much stronger.
I used mainly coco oil with some olive oil in it- aiming to make most of it into 'pain cream'. It seems to work (!) but is quite greasy. I've since got some grape seed oil so I'll try that next time. When I get the money I'll buy some jojoba oil. My gf uses it for creams and salves and it ms very nice. Costs about $70 a litre here.
I also had another revelation- about the MB machine. The minimum two cups is presumably so that the blender blades are immersed. I got about 400ml of oil total. No reason I can't take half and run it in the MB at a higher heat (maybe 160°) to increase the thc amd make a separate batch of edible oil (???).
I gave some oil to a friend with medical issues who ate some. He said it helped him sleep but wasn't as strong as we expected.

Cnile I did finally make it to a store to get some glucosamine just a couple days ago. It says on the bottle it needs to be taken for at least a month to have an effect - three times per day.
Not much of a pill popper but I'll give it a try. Will have to set some sort of alarm or something to remember to take all those pills. :) thanks for the tip.

Celt- thanks for the info and yes I do sometimes use pepper for paranoia. Yes it does work and I wish I'd known about it thirty years sooner. Though I tend to stick to sativas these days, which never make me paranoid anyway. But yes- when you feel the paranoia hit you- smelling fresh ground pepper will definitely counteract it. I learned this trick from Kriaze a year or two ago.

feel better weasel ........
Gorilla Glue #4 Cannabis Oil
Strain type: Hybrid
Extraction Method: Solvent
THC: 55.46%
CBD: 0.00%
CBN: 1.34%

********King Louis Cannabis Oil
Strain type: Indica
Extraction Method: Solvent
THC: 72.24%
CBD: 0.06%

i have heard this oil helps with pain notice the thc ratio with King Louis Cannabis Oil

you can get them in capsules , 50 mg ....... or the syringe dispenser.... depending on your tolerance weasel they say to start off slow and see how it does. good luck my brother, hope you get some relief and i hope this helped. facebook has a great page called cannabis oil success stories !:Namaste:

Ive had 8 herinated disks in my lower back. My everyday pain is around a 7-8. A freshly "popped disk" brings that to around a 14, with 10 being the worst pain imaginable and completely incapacitating. The last 2 times this has happened have been from sneezing, due to the dergredation of the disks. They are weak as hell.

Ive had IV fentanyl, IV morphine and just about every Rx opiate Ive ever heard of orally, some of them in some high doses and large Rxs. And for a few years, I took them. They didnt take my pain away completely, but they did a better job then anything else Ive tried. They were also killing me slowly. My tollerance builds to those things so fast that within weeks Im taking what would have been a lethal dose in the begining a few times a day. Not wanting to continue down that road for various reasons, I stopped cold turkey.

I use cannabis daily for pain. Ive tried the pure CBD stuff and alone in small doses it didnt do anything for me. 1:1 with THC it starts to help. High doses of THC helps too, with even more side effects. At these levels, Im still not as "stoned" as I used to get off pills, although Id call the pill buzz more "high and jacked" then stones. The only way I can touch the pain killing effectiveness of the pills is to go deep into edibles, and friends I mean DEEP. Most humans start at a dose of 50-100 mg of THC and get pretty wrecked. For edibles to touch opiates for pain (for me) Im talking 750-1000 mg of THC. At this point my pain is less then a 1/10, and I enjoy this while I talk to Jesus in another dimension.

Long story short, I have degenrative disk disease, 8 herniated disks and extensive nerve damage, and am in pain 24/7 no matter what. I have not found a way to bring that pain down even a little without being stoned on some level.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading

Hey pinkman

I too have a wrecked back, fractures, bulging discs

Degenerative and such

Opiod free four months now and the pains so bad it got me wondering how l hurt my neck and now upper back

Prob was my race car crash in 02 but was so medicated I couldn't feel it?
I dunno but wanted to say nice to meet ya and I will make sure to pass on any info o find

Sweet sue is helping me learn how to make fresh harvest oil from straight off the vine flowers

I'll keep in touch

HizzyB

Sooner or later I'll convince both of you to try suppositories. They can be amazingly effective against deep pain, but you won't know unless you try. :hug: :love:

Ive used them before for other medical needs. I'm not against it. What's the recipe?

I just use whatever capsules I have on hand J. The bio bombs are the best use of CCO, but that fresh harvest oil rivals CCO in potency. Capsules make very effective suppositories.

Back
Top Bottom