Pete's Journal - 2015

Well guys this grow is over with. Not real happy with the way it turned out so far. I screwed up big time by causing my plants to turn into hermi's. I might have been jumping the gun a bit when I cut them down, but there was a million of those dam little seed pods everywhere.
Someone did tell me there was nothing to worry about because they were female plants, but my fear of them turning into a seed bank made me cut them down. There was 2 of them that didn't produce very much of anything and all 4 of them had undeveloped buds on them, not sure why. I guess it was not enough light getting to the bottom of them. It did look like a jungle in my grow room, that might have had something to do with it as well
So I want to thank everyone for all the feed back I got from everyone. My next grow is going to be autobloomer's . Wish me luck till I become an expert Thanks
buds_0072.JPG
buds_0063.JPG
buds_0055.JPG
buds_0046.JPG
buds_0036.JPG
buds_0025.JPG
buds_0015.JPG

Congrats on the harvest pete! It's been a long time coming. Sorry they didn't turn out like you had hoped, but it still looks like you pulled a good harvest. Those are some HUGE colas!! What was your final weight?

And yeah, until you get to know your strain(s), you have to keep a close eye out for hermies. Those nanners like to pop out in the hardest-find-find spots and pollinate things anyway.

I'll say that most strains CAN hermie, if they are stressed enough to do so. When plants hermie, they are being stressed by something (irregular light schedules, light leaks, colloidal silver, extreme temperatures, pH issues, etc.). Most strains are bred to be pretty resistant to hermaphroditic tendencies, so since you grew 4 known breeder strains and they all hermied, you must have stressed them somehow. It'd be good to figure out what it was so that it doesn't happen next time! Maybe your timer left the lights on too long? Or you peeked in the door at lights out a few too many times when you shouldn't have? We've all had been there though. Great grow by, the way, +reps. I'm just giving suggestions to make it even better. I'm excited to see your next grow!

Congrats on the harvest pete! It's been a long time coming. Sorry they didn't turn out like you had hoped, but it still looks like you pulled a good harvest. Those are some HUGE colas!! What was your final weight?

And yeah, until you get to know your strain(s), you have to keep a close eye out for hermies. Those nanners like to pop out in the hardest-find-find spots and pollinate things anyway.

I'll say that most strains CAN hermie, if they are stressed enough to do so. When plants hermie, they are being stressed by something (irregular light schedules, light leaks, colloidal silver, extreme temperatures, pH issues, etc. Most strains are bred to be pretty resistant to hermaphroditic tendencies, so since you grew 4 known breeder strains and they all hermied, you must have stressed them somehow. It'd be good to figure out what it was so that it doesn't happen next time! Maybe your timer left the lights on too long? Or you peeked in the door at lights out a few too many times when you shouldn't have? We've all had been there though. Great grow by, the way, +reps. I'm just giving suggestions to make it even better. I'm excited to see your next grow!

Thanks for replying. I know what stressed them out, and there is no one to blame but me. My next grow is going to be auto's. See how that turns out. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom