First Time DWC 2022 Bagseed

I clipped the leaf with damage. Do you guys see 9 tip leaves often?

9305BC9D-5019-4605-8897-C5FF285957D3.jpeg

good news first, I got my northern lights auto seeds in. Bad news is I can’t start them yet lol. Another week or so and I’ll be able to sex 1&2 so we shall see what happens. If they were all autos it wouldn’t be a problem.
Anywho #1 got a res change today from the previous posted numbers except I added 3 ml of z7 instead of 2.5. #1 roots as shown in pic still have a few balls of discoloration but she hasn’t gotten any h202 yet. (Should I add some?)
#2 I believe is about to get a higher dose of h202 and go another day before change. I should add 40 ml total I believe but she’s only had 10 so far. More follow up with her change tomorrow.

3E593C6A-B1B2-4413-BE34-83AC3E586236.jpeg

1C65B514-6B41-41D1-8337-32C002D4A7AD.jpeg

2E129279-935C-4496-B57B-1A873BBE96F2.jpeg

In the meantime of getting the roots situated properly, I’m starting reasearch on the new beans.

Northern lights auto. Here’s some info from the seederie
Growing Northern Lights indoors, in hydroponic gardens, has produced the best results. In the first four weeks of life, the plants should be treated to 18 to 24 hours of light each day, allowing thick and leafy development. The light provided to the Northern Lights plants can be lessened to 10 to 12 hours a day for the remaining 2 to 3 weeks. The plants are well-suited to the Sea of Green or Screen of Green methods.

I find it odd about dropping to 12/12 for an auto. Is that weird to anyone? From what I read this particular has a flower time of 6-7 weeks. From the above paragraph that’s the entire growth time including a month of veg or is it 4 week veg then 6-7weeks? A bit confusing.

Essentially, if it’s true this one wants to go 12/12 after a month of veg I may be able to pull off the timeline. I’d have to set something up for veg though, just a cfl. Rockwool it and by a week or so when it’s ready to transfer I’m imagining I’ll have a bucket free. I don’t want to get the cart before the horse though. I don’t want to give up my month old bagseed plants either but #2 being root rot and small has me second guessing. I should bide my time and wait for sexing them however.

In the meantime of getting the roots situated properly, I’m starting reasearch on the new beans.

Northern lights auto. Here’s some info from the seederie
Growing Northern Lights indoors, in hydroponic gardens, has produced the best results. In the first four weeks of life, the plants should be treated to 18 to 24 hours of light each day, allowing thick and leafy development. The light provided to the Northern Lights plants can be lessened to 10 to 12 hours a day for the remaining 2 to 3 weeks. The plants are well-suited to the Sea of Green or Screen of Green methods.

I find it odd about dropping to 12/12 for an auto. Is that weird to anyone? From what I read this particular has a flower time of 6-7 weeks. From the above paragraph that’s the entire growth time including a month of veg or is it 4 week veg then 6-7weeks? A bit confusing.

Essentially, if it’s true this one wants to go 12/12 after a month of veg I may be able to pull off the timeline. I’d have to set something up for veg though, just a cfl. Rockwool it and by a week or so when it’s ready to transfer I’m imagining I’ll have a bucket free. I don’t want to get the cart before the horse though. I don’t want to give up my month old bagseed plants either but #2 being root rot and small has me second guessing. I should bide my time and wait for sexing them however.
Hey @Venturisix hope you are well my friend.
20/4 is a popular light schedule for autos.
Your right 12/12 isn't optimal for growth re autos.
Happy growing Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

#2 is sitting in a h202 bath for a few hours. Water 4g and 40ml of h202. I pulled her bucket for a red change and pulled the air hose line out of the side drilled hole. Lots of slime came off the hose as the hole is just big enough for the hose it came off there. Old buckets getting a chlorine bath. #1 Roots done seem to be near as bad as 2. Also possibly a different species of bacteria as 2 is slimy one is just suffering from slight discoloration balls. I’m going to give them a week and a half. If no positive feedback from 2 and if 1 is male then I’ll be onto the better genetics of northern lights, I’m really hoping the (en route) hydroguard with the z7, and adamant cleaning prevent further root problems next time. You can really see the lack of growth #2 suffered though they were only 2 days transplant apart, not that they had roots in water at day 1. My root issues definitely kicked in quick. By the second week and before roots in bucket even it seems. Light leak was the main issue and I believe since corrected.
Since I started this as a trial run I definitely feel the trial part of it haha. Time will tell if we get females, or if I’ll be dropping those northern lights before February.

Edit: thinking of just using this bath solution for this weeks res change. May as well. 40ml of h202 in there can’t hurt. Or should I just not add nutes for a day? That’s sounding like the hands off and better option honestly

Cheers, it’s 4:20 somewhere

#2 is sitting in a h202 bath for a few hours. Water 4g and 40ml of h202. I pulled her bucket for a red change and pulled the air hose line out of the side drilled hole. Lots of slime came off the hose as the hole is just big enough for the hose it came off there. Old buckets getting a chlorine bath. #1 Roots done seem to be near as bad as 2. Also possibly a different species of bacteria as 2 is slimy one is just suffering from slight discoloration balls. I’m going to give them a week and a half. If no positive feedback from 2 and if 1 is male then I’ll be onto the better genetics of northern lights, I’m really hoping the (en route) hydroguard with the z7, and adamant cleaning prevent further root problems next time. You can really see the lack of growth #2 suffered though they were only 2 days transplant apart, not that they had roots in water at day 1. My root issues definitely kicked in quick. By the second week and before roots in bucket even it seems. Light leak was the main issue and I believe since corrected.
Since I started this as a trial run I definitely feel the trial part of it haha. Time will tell if we get females, or if I’ll be dropping those northern lights before February.

Edit: thinking of just using this bath solution for this weeks res change. May as well. 40ml of h202 in there can’t hurt. Or should I just not add nutes for a day? That’s sounding like the hands off and better option honestly

Cheers, it’s 4:20 somewhere
Good morning @Venturisix hope your having a good day my friend.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by ( bath ) solution for a res change?

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Venturisix hope your having a good day my friend.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by ( bath ) solution for a res change?

Stay safe
Bill
She’s sitting in just ph water with 40ml of h202 right now. I was thinking of using that water for a res change today but thinking about it I won’t. The bucket she’s sitting in now isn’t drilled, I may get some light leak during this period so I’ll switch it all out today, I don’t figure anything can grown in that much h202. The roots were looking better after some hours in the h202/h20.

I’m really hoping by lights on today they look better. Hydro guard will be here this weekend. Apart from getting an r/o I do feel this is all that I could have done for her.
I’m trying to be patient with 2 being stunted and problematic, but 1 is looking really good. I don’t want to say I’m hoping for the wrong gender, but I won’t be mad if I have to drop these Northern lights seeds this month lol. Hopefully when the hydroguard comes in I can take my training wheels off. I really like the idea of dwc. I liked my ebb and flow too. I don’t want to end up switching to dirt because I know I can do this. It’s just getting it right the first time isn’t always so easy!
Whatever I end up doing I’ll be back!
Thank you so much @Bill284 for your continued help! In 2013 you messaged me on my old account too. You’re a good dude. Really put your time and effort into this site and it shows. Wherever I go exploring on this site you’re pretty much there with words of wisdom and guidance. Thanks again!

Also shoutout to @Rexer for dropping in too, for it not for your good reads I wouldn’t be where I am today, I’d probably be doing the same ole same ole.

I started this journey with myself and a family member in mind. Determination is there, if the days will agree with my nightly work we may just get out of this tunnel in one piece.

I wish I could offer you some advice, but from my understanding of what you wrote (I just smoked ;) ), you seem to be handling it well. I can't think of anything other then using H202, then a round of beneficials to bring them back to health.
Don't be shy with the hydroguard, it's expensive stuff- but it's hard to give too much, and with the roots current state, a bit extra might do good. Be sure to reapply the hydroguard every 3 days for the first bit.
The z7 just follow the directions, don't over apply.

If your finding the hydroguard expensive, another alternative product is Root Builder (green planet), same stuff pretty much.

Clean your airstones before dropping them back into the bucket. Boil them in a pot of water, do a double dose of h202 for a good soak (either or is fine, ive boiled mine many times)- whatever you need to do to get every peice of bacteria in it to die.

Edit- oh and I almost forgot. For an autos lighting, I do 24/0 first few weeks, then switch to 18/6. 20/4 is another good one, just give them at least 18hrs of light, otherwise your just loosing yields.

Pics update and res change. Same as yesterdays #1 regimen, #2 got some added h202. 30 ml. Ppm was around 1100. Water was 69 before change. The h202 solution seems to have done some work as there was a bit of roots and such in the water. I think the roots look better. One thing that didn’t help I didn’t pull the damn sticker off the net pot apparently so water had been wicking it off… we live and learn.
9C06B021-7807-442E-98C1-A0F7EC8F73D8.jpeg

3C3F0237-E31E-434D-8E15-40101DC2D3CF.jpeg

36EC8EC3-C507-4061-AA25-B6B0B047E84E.jpeg

E485D100-C83C-4B32-BA53-43DCE009444A.jpeg

6D5788E4-F9DA-4804-8F0F-DFD254C3A6B4.jpeg

C413698B-AAA6-4A2B-B2AB-9418DA403AB7.jpeg

99% of the time this is my view. I love my @Mars Hydro tent. The Velcro square foot (idk if that’s the right size) view window is ingenious. I can’t tell you how often I peep in but I feel it’s akin to having a bird feeder right on side your window.

9C5A7D90-B798-4098-A86F-EB89A9621607.jpeg
Beautiful view.
Plants are coming along brother!

I put a wifi camera in mine. I couldn't count how many times I view it a day :laughtwo:

Have a great weekend Venturisix!

Well I’m doubling down… @ViparSpectra p2000 was my choice. 4x2 flower and I got a good deal on it. Upgrading the pump as well. This one is 8.5w. That said more money means I need to increase my likelihood. I dropped 2 northern lights in water tonight. These babies I got I’m going to probably cull or give away. They’ve served their purpose really of showing me the way. I think I can prevent root issues now. Im hoping I have all the pieces to the puzzle now. Northern lights was my choice because of how well they produce and the effects. Really getting pumped up now. Edit oh yeah I’m going to wait to sex them first

5DED20C7-F3A3-43CC-8514-A12D0616F256.jpeg

C75BA481-8F57-4154-A99D-158C74FA53B3.jpeg

B17C1E2C-9DD8-42E1-8C02-4EE63B18EC09.jpeg

You cleaned the roots up really nicely, and the girls look healthy there :) 2nd tent/grow? Nice!
I may wait to sex them but no I gotta make room for the northerns. Can’t have 2 light schedules either. This was a trial run mainly. I’ve got my training wheels off and 2 nl autos dropped. Check my sig

Back
Top Bottom