Venturi’s Northern Lights Auto DWC 2022 Remix

@PaleSun
Now that you are mentioning it though, would it hurt or hinder dropping the light hours down? It is heating up outside and I wouldn’t mind not having to worry about temp as much during the day. Are there any other pros to cutting the light hours down this late into flower with 3 weeks left on one plant, maybe more on the other 2

Since you're growing autoflower plants I would keep the lights on as long as possible. Reducing the photo period now 'might' slow finishing or reduce total yield. If you are having difficulty keeping temps down, it may help. Is AC possible in your grow room?

From everything I've read over the years, there does not seem to be any benefit to longer dark periods. Some authors, Spear and Rosenthal, say run 24hrs lights on for Autos or photos in veg. Reducing overall electricity costs is the only benefit.

I would however like to see comparison testing done with plants left in the dark for 48-72hrs before harvest, with another group harvested without the dark period. Is there actually a measurable significant increase in THC with this practice?

Since you're growing autoflower plants I would keep the lights on as long as possible. Reducing the photo period now 'might' slow finishing or reduce total yield. If you are having difficulty keeping temps down, it may help. Is AC possible in your grow room?

From everything I've read over the years, there does not seem to be any benefit to longer dark periods. Some authors, Spear and Rosenthal, say run 24hrs lights on for Autos or photos in veg. Reducing overall electricity costs is the only benefit.

I would however like to see comparison testing done with plants left in the dark for 48-72hrs before harvest, with another group harvested without the dark period. Is there actually a measurable significant increase in THC with this practice?
Yeah I’ve got it on A/C I just don’t want to have too high of a bill but a month left I’m not too worried

So I put my hygrometer in the fridge last night. Today this is the reading.

I can’t hang dry in tent with other babies still going. Closet may prove to be super smelly, and I can keep the temp at 68f or near 20c for you folks not in or around the us.

At this point, I think the fridge dry is the only option to regulate temp and we’ll the humidity not sure what to do about. It’s not 60-65. Any thoughts?

@Tokin Roll i believe you mentioned you use the fridge dry method, if so; do you see any problems with the numbers?

70FB5637-7764-482E-84FC-32BF287C3A26.jpeg
Those hygrometers work best in groups I find, placed in different areas around ur dry area.

Idk how much it'll assist you at this point, but when I dry them, I have a couple rules of thumb: temperature, 60-65° gives it the best drying pace; second, light. As long as it's dark. Lastly, environment. Don't hang ur buds above your dirty clothes hamper or your shoes or something like that. Lol just trust me on this one eh? Lol I find that hanging them works best, and just as a side note, if I may, I've noticed, after idk, countless harvests, that one of the best materials to help in the drying period is either high quality wood or cardboard as an alternative. I used to hang my buds in empty boxes that I strung lines in outta twist wire. It works well as long as you keep an eye on it. But to be honest, if you're growing good quality bud like you are currently, it's more difficult to screw up than you may perceive based on the 'net. Don't let em worry ya. Give it your best shot based on your growers intuition and you'll learn a ton in just one harvest. You got this, the hard parts already over!

I have to agree with you on this. I've read a few lux studies myself and from what I can decipher, the benefit, if any at all, is barely negligible. I could've sworn I seen a study relating to the control-based observation of plants' dark cycles (the Krebs Cycles) at different stages including just prior to harvest. I know I have it but I'll have to dig for it. If I can find it I'll send you a link.

Those hygrometers work best in groups I find, placed in different areas around ur dry area.

Idk how much it'll assist you at this point, but when I dry them, I have a couple rules of thumb: temperature, 60-65° gives it the best drying pace; second, light. As long as it's dark. Lastly, environment. Don't hang ur buds above your dirty clothes hamper or your shoes or something like that. Lol just trust me on this one eh? Lol I find that hanging them works best, and just as a side note, if I may, I've noticed, after idk, countless harvests, that one of the best materials to help in the drying period is either high quality wood or cardboard as an alternative. I used to hang my buds in empty boxes that I strung lines in outta twist wire. It works well as long as you keep an eye on it. But to be honest, if you're growing good quality bud like you are currently, it's more difficult to screw up than you may perceive based on the 'net. Don't let em worry ya. Give it your best shot based on your growers intuition and you'll learn a ton in just one harvest. You got this, the hard parts already over!
Yeah I thought of a box. I don’t suppose it’s super bad if the temp hits 75 for half the day? I won’t worry about it just yet. I did see some ambers on that big honker but only on the light side and it’s pretty close to the light so I’ll definitely wait the 3 weeks or close to it as suggested by the seed company

The one in the far right I’ve been neglecting. She’s in a tight spot over there by the fan. May adjust fans today. It crossed my mind for half a second to remove her. She’s just so tall, not really doing much. I’ll wait. I’m hoping she won’t start blooming hard until the end of the month when hopefully #3 will be done. Happy Monday. Let’s make this week a good one! Counting down the days for #3! 18 more to go!

At a bit of an impasse. I don’t know what to do with 2. She’s in the far right, over the light at this point, she’s about to start flower. I think I have 2 1/2 weeks or so on number 3 the biggest, far left.

2 currently has no room to go up, left right nothing. Left and middle are well Into flower and stretched as much horizontally as possible. Should I just wait to figure it out? I was hoping 3 would be done by now and I’d have more room but I’ll be damned if she isn’t roof height. Let me know what you guys think. I let her go too long I know. I did try to bend her a bit but that was a few weeks back

At the bottoms we’re looking quite robust as you can see. Some of these branches are getting heavy too!

62EF0015-A7A9-4DE4-BB80-C74374F8D021.jpeg

AB59B084-973B-47FB-8B6C-F341F04B2B1B.jpeg

D1459EE8-C604-49AF-B495-4E7CD45620EC.jpeg

63CAE478-1035-4889-BC46-699CC37438EB.jpeg

EFFB0E1D-A104-45AA-97F6-1ADCF27E23A2.jpeg

^2 in far back barely starting flower I think
8312136D-5C1F-4C07-B3D7-D7FDDE04DF6A.jpeg

^2 in corner above light

29E9E779-6ED2-43CF-8C80-C137011B3FFC.jpeg

AF7F4326-4558-4EEF-B5C2-C01F589F4A58.jpeg

I don’t know what to do with 2. She’s in the far right, over the light at this point, she’s about to start flower.
I'm confused. Are you saying that no.2 has not yet started to flower? Two years ago I had an auto seed from CK that turned out to be a photoperiod seed.

I'm confused. Are you saying that no.2 has not yet started to flower? Two years ago I had an auto seed from CK that turned out to be a photoperiod seed.
Yeah 2 is barely beginning to flower, whereas the other 2 plants have buds you can squeeze, 2 in the corner is nothing but a little hair at this point. I can likely blame it on myself, and she’s in the dark being in the corner. I’ll get some more pics later but it’s a sore subject lmao. I’m thinking she went too high and I’m not going to be able to wrangle her under the light.

Topped off last night with a full round of nutes. Res changes are done tues, wed, thurs now. Might only have 11 or so days left on 3
Made a few orders on the weekend. Got a drying hanger coming, with 40 clips for stalks. I’ve got a 2x4 net coming for next time.

Really thinking about shutting everything down for summer and starting again next winter. I figure it will be nice respite of power bills. Really excited to use the net next time but I’m unsure if I want to go one plant or 2. 3 has proven to be unruly in a 2x4. I think one of my buddies is also going to start next winter. Planning for October start date perhaps. Anywho, happy Monday folks. Let’s get this day done

Back
Top Bottom