Venturi's Pineapple Express Summer DWC

nice save on the plants. i see everyone caught the calmag look. keep watch to stay ahead. some of that damage is water drops, but there's still a look in there at a few spots.

what's your ppm ? sorta looks to be feeding maybe thin. at a flat guess the runty just looks hungry to me.

nice save on the plants. i see everyone caught the calmag look. keep watch to stay ahead. some of that damage is water drops, but there's still a look in there at a few spots.

what's your ppm ? sorta looks to be feeding maybe thin. at a flat guess the runty just looks hungry to me.
Think I was at 200 ppm last week will have to check after res. The widow has had a light feeding but change tomorrow.she was near 100

Think I was at 200 ppm last week will have to check after res. The widow has had a light feeding but change tomorrow.she was near 100

you can push more nutes. on a 500 scale i'd be close to 300ppm by now. 700 scale would be closer to 400.
you can run a little thin in dwc but neither of your plants are showing any signs of excess.

you can push more nutes. on a 500 scale i'd be close to 300ppm by now. 700 scale would be closer to 400.
you can run a little thin in dwc but neither of your plants are showing any signs of excess.
The first day I hit the northern with 200 ppm she had a little taco leaves going on. I held fast though and didn’t dilute it. I’m about to do the widow res and hit her with 200 ppm or more. I’ll check what the northern came out to shortly

Ok so I just checked the northerns after many hours of being in the bucket and settlement… they’re at 550ppm. That seems like quite the jump being the difference in nute addition was 3ml of grow… but I’ll keep it thereish. She drank a lot of water last night so that has to do with it I’m sure. I’m going to drop in some ro water to top her i believe.

Updated pic. Everyone has a res change and updated nutes

A91A5CD6-01D6-446A-ADC5-426AAC51D07E.jpeg

I do see signs of deficiency in some of the bigger leaves. I dropped 3ml of calmag in there today for good measure. Thinking that’s what it was. Don’t think I have lockout or anything the ph has largely been in parameters

Thanks bill you too buddy! Man, funny enough I watch bill ward on The tube, he’s a Canadian as well as a soil grower. He made his first dwc this year and didn’t do much research. He started his plants, not much unlike you in solo cups with perlite and I’m not sure what other medium.. anyways this week he went to transplant into the buckets. Odd sight that was as you can imagine. I suspect he will get mold as the soil will retain moisture. Anywho thought it was a coincidence
Hey buddy sorry I'm behind, had a little heat stroke Saturday, well alot actually.
Never cut grass in the sun before cleaning the greenhouse. :rofl:
Hope you are well catch up soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

9ml/gal Botanicare CalMag +
2ml Micro
12ml Grow
5ml Bloom

So this is my go to nutes. These are all per gallon. Next res change I’m going to account for 2 gallons, effectively doubling last weeks and a little less than double this weeks
What week? Sorry

Stay safe

What week? Sorry

Stay safe
These are the numbers @FelipeBlu gave me last grow,
Now that I’m looking back apparently I’m at 4 or 5 weeks. It may be a little hot for next week but the northern can take it I’m sure, the widow will get maybe (accounting for 1 gal) of those numbers I’ll have to check where she was. I’m still kind of in the unknown territory, I think when Felipe helped me with the nutes it was after this stage last grow.

These are the numbers @FelipeBlu gave me last grow,
Now that I’m looking back apparently I’m at 4 or 5 weeks. It may be a little hot for next week but the northern can take it I’m sure, the widow will get maybe (accounting for 1 gal) of those numbers I’ll have to check where she was. I’m still kind of in the unknown territory, I think when Felipe helped me with the nutes it was after this stage last grow.
Your a little light on the micro.
They need those micro nutrients to grow properly.
And I think the grow is a touch heavy.
They need nitrogen but that's a fek load.
I'm no expert, just going by what I've run in the past.
Coco not dwc but similar.

Stay safe

Since Bot CM+ is only 3.2% Ca compared to 5% for GH, it requires more:
9ml/gal Botanicare CalMag +
2ml Micro
12ml Grow
5ml Bloom

Provides:
137 ppm N
42 ppm P
206 ppm K
102 ppm Ca
64 ppm Mg
This looks to be around the same timeline, about 5 weeks in. I may send it. That may take me to 600 ppm but that seems to have worked last time

How is it going @Venturisix

I see your ladies are coming along nicely.
My apologizes, I took a wrong turn on the round about again. :rofl:

When I used the chiller for DWC I set my temperature (chiller setting) at 65 degrees and it normally settled around 68-69 degrees. At or above 72 degrees you start to run a chance of slimy roots or worst yet root rot. I like to run my bucket on the cooler side.

What nutrient line are you using, and what ppm do you like to keep your res at?

I think you are doing great, just needs a little twit.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

edit: I will try to keep up now, too watch and track your progress.

How is it going @Venturisix

I see your ladies are coming along nicely.
My apologizes, I took a wrong turn on the round about again. :rofl:

When I used the chiller for DWC I set my temperature (chiller setting) at 65 degrees and it normally settled around 68-69 degrees. At or above 72 degrees you start to run a chance of slimy roots or worst yet root rot. I like to run my bucket on the cooler side.

What nutrient line are you using, and what ppm do you like to keep your res at?

I think you are doing great, just needs a little twit.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

edit: I will try to keep up now, too watch and track your progress.
Yeah I was thinking about that, the res running a little hot as far as the settings.. I’ll revisit the booklet. I’ve been putting frozen water bottles in there regardless however.
As far as my nutrients I’m still using a local brand that is comparable to gh trio but doesn’t use urea as the N.. the post a few back was the initial guidance for nutes that I got from (trying not to tag him so much) Felipe. I think that’s next weeks res change.. currently we’re hovering around 500 ppm, for the northern at least the Ww is probably 400 now

I think I’ll be good on nutes (maybe) once I get back in line with my past grow journals nute schedule. I just have to go through my notebook and other journal

Ok maybe these updated pics will make you guys feel better which will in turn make me feel better haha.
The Rh is far higher than I keep it… I’m trying to hover near 55 right now.

You’ll see the net… I kinda just stuck it in there to play with it, but I haven’t a clue where to put it for autos. I can’t wait till flower either because that may be another month for the northern, and by the time she stretches she could be through the roof again
7B64D2FB-92B1-4B0C-89AB-A6F7B3618480.jpeg

7A7A1ECE-4E45-46A3-8378-9FB846E9E36C.jpeg

I find all of my grows are different; whether in soil or water.
Most of the notes I keep now days is from doing experimental stuff, but I have all kinds of stuff from the pass.

I see you posted a current image of your lady; she looks happy and health.

I don't do DWC in the summer time anymore, it get's to be a pain maintaining water and tent temperature, while battling the humidity. So, now I grow one big one in DWC in the fall and winter. I normally pull over a pound, but this year (coming soon) I will try for a one kilo plant in DWC.

Keep up the nice work you are doing great.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom