S27’s Indoor Multi-Strain Autos, Soil, Grow Journal, 2019/2020

S27

Hi everyone! I've decided to put a grow journal together because I am going to attempt to grow 10 plants indoors and I'm nervous lol! I know I will need all of the help I can get, and I know that this is the place to get it! :)

This will be my third time growing. I've had one successful grow/harvest of 2 auto-flower plants and I have 2 autos currently flowering and looking great! So I have hope, but this time I will be growing 10 plants and that's a much bigger task. I'm ready for it though!

The seeds came from Growers Choice Seeds and are all feminized auto-flowers. The following is what I'll be working with...
  • 1 Critical Purple (90% Indica / 10% Ruderalis / 27% THC)
  • 1 Gorilla Glue (50% Indica / 40% Sativa / 10% Ruderalis / 21% THC)
  • 1 Hindu Kush (90% Indica / 10% Ruderalis / 15% THC)
  • 1 Northern Lights (80% Indica / 10% Sativa / 10% Ruderalis / 19% THC)
  • 6 Tangerine Dream (60% Sativa / 30% Indica / 10% Ruderalis / 24% THC)
:drool:

Each seed will go into a 5 gallon fabric pot with soil and be grown inside of a 4' x 8' grow tent. Joining the plants inside the tent will be (4) 180-watt wide-band LED grow lights, a CO2 bag, a small humidifier and some small fans.

All of the seeds are currently soaking in cups of purified water. I will be putting them into their paper towels momentarily and will begin the wait for the little tails to sprout. Every seed sank except for the Gorilla Glue seed. Hoping that one will still work out, but if not, I do have a backup GG seed.

All advice, suggestions, etc. are welcomed and appreciated! I look forward to this experience!

:thanks:

12-15-19 Germination Begins.jpeg

Good luck. What kind of soil will you be using?

Good luck. What kind of soil will you be using?

Thanks BigD! : ) :ciao:

I got (7) 32 qt bags of Nature's Care organic potting mix for the 10 pots. I would have loved to make my own soil mix, but I just spent $1500 on the 4 new lights (eek!!) and with Christmas coming up I need to control my spending lol.

This is the same soil that I'm using with my current grow of critical purple and I haven't had any problems, thus far.

*knocks on wood*

The soil isn't yet in the pots for the new plants though, so if there's a relatively inexpensive way to enhance this soil, I'm all ears!

Quick newbie question...am I allowed to provide a link to the soil I'm using, or other products that I will be using, such as nutrients? Or is it preferred to leave the links out of the posts? I don't want to unintentionally break any rules. :)

The following thread of mine isn't technically a grow journal as I just started it and the plants are about 46-ish days into flowering, but I wanted to document my current critical purple plants so it's more of a photo diary, so-to-speak. I plan to keep it updated through harvest for those interested. : )

:cheer:

And this thread documents the end of my first grow, right before (and through) harvest. The members here are awesome and super helpful! I am most grateful!

I don't think you can leave links to products that aren't 420 magazine website sponsors. There are many site sponsors who sell nutes, pots, seeds, lights, etc. You can't link if it's not one of them, or at least that's my understanding. There are other things to look out for also. For intstance, I once linked to an article about how to build "super soil". That website had side bar advertising of products that were not 420 magazine website sponsors. The 420 magazine site staff deleted the link from my posting and PM'd me with an explanation why they did it, which was the side bar advertising.

Did you try tapping on the GG seed to see if it would sink? That's what I've had to do. Growers Choice has a good "how to" article on germinating seeds on their website. I'd link to it but they're not site sponsors.

Also, have you considered LST (Low Stress Training) on your autos? I did it on my last two, which were Critical Purple and a Northern Lights autos from Growers Choice, and it worked very well. Here's the tutorial I followed.

As far as your soil goes, my next grow I plan on using some inexpensive hardware potting soil/top soil. I'll then feed it wth MC (Mega Crop). My last grow I used mostly the Fox Farm trio until about a month from harvest, when I switched over to MC. It's so much easier to use. Here's a link to the MC thread. It's up over 100 pages. Over 100 pages of people talking about a line of nutes to use to grow cannabis. Gotta love that.

I don't think you can leave links to products that aren't 420 magazine website sponsors. There are many site sponsors who sell nutes, pots, seeds, lights, etc. You can't link if it's not one of them, or at least that's my understanding. There are other things to look out for also. For intstance, I once linked to an article about how to build "super soil". That website had side bar advertising of products that were not 420 magazine website sponsors. The 420 magazine site staff deleted the link from my posting and PM'd me with an explanation why they did it, which was the side bar advertising.

Did you try tapping on the GG seed to see if it would sink? That's what I've had to do. Growers Choice has a good "how to" article on germinating seeds on their website. I'd link to it but they're not site sponsors.

Also, have you considered LST (Low Stress Training) on your autos? I did it on my last two, which were Critical Purple and a Northern Lights autos from Growers Choice, and it worked very well. Here's the tutorial I followed.

As far as your soil goes, my next grow I plan on using some inexpensive hardware potting soil/top soil. I'll then feed it wth MC (Mega Crop). My last grow I used mostly the Fox Farm trio until about a month from harvest, when I switched over to MC. It's so much easier to use. Here's a link to the MC thread. It's up over 100 pages. Over 100 pages of people talking about a line of nutes to use to grow cannabis. Gotta love that.

Ahhhh, thank you SO much BigD! That makes total sense in regards to the links. I may have made a couple of mistakes with links in my other threads, but I do my best to learn from my mistakes and will not repeat them in this thread or future threads. :sorry:

I did try tapping the GG seed (multiple times) but it's a stubborn floater lol. I ended up putting it into the paper towel anyway and will see if it grows a tap root. *fingers crossed* I am following Growers Choice "how to" directions for germination. Out of a total of 14 seeds from them, GG is my first floater. I have faith though! : )

Thanks so much for linking InTheShed's LST thread! That is super helpful and I've already learned that my previous attempts at LST were started too late. I will definitely give this a proper try this time! :cheesygrinsmiley: Thank you also for the Mega Crop link! I'm about a month or so from harvest of my 2 critical purple plants that are currently growing so I may try to implement this on those plants too if there's time. I'm going to break the spending rule and order some! *giggles*

I really appreciate this guidance my friend!

:thanks:

I just ordered the 500g size of Mega Crop and they have a coupon code to get this for free! I only had to pay for shipping which was $6.95. Thanks again for letting me know about this nutrient. : )

:thumb:

I also did the 500g bag for $6.95. I've actually done it twice. That should last me a while.

Small update for tonight. I checked on the seeds that are in the paper towels. They had only been in the paper towels for about 23 hours so I really wasn't anticipating seeing anything just yet, but to my surprise the critical purple seed already has a tiny tap root and one of the tangerine dream seeds does as well! I'll take another peek later tonight or tomorrow morning. :yahoo:

Tangerine Dream Germination 12-17-19.jpg

Critical Purple Germination 12-17-19.jpg

Little update on the seeds. Things are looking good! Even the GG seed has a tiny tap root! :yahoo:

Gorilla Glue Germination 12-18-19.jpg

I took that photo late last night. At that time, all of the seeds had at least a showing of a tap root aside from 2 of the 6 tangerine dream seeds. Some of the seeds will be moving into their new homes this evening...soil! : )

:green_heart:

Count me in on this one!

Wonderful, thank you Gutter! :cheesygrinsmiley:

This journal should prove to be entertaining at the least lol. I know that I will become overwhelmed multiple times throughout the process trying to juggle 10 of them, BUT...big but, if this is successful it would be awesome and provide medicine for a long time!

:snowboating:

Yikes! The critical purple tap root grew rapidly! She shed her shell while in the paper towel. :\

This is what she looked like when I checked on her just now...

Critical Purple Germination 12-19-19.jpg

Eek! :nervous-guy:I stuck it in soil anyway. Hopefully she's a true survivor lol!

2 of the tangerine dream seeds were ready to rock! Just put them in soil.

Tangerine Dream Germination 12-19-19.jpg

Those 2 center TD seeds in the above pic aren't showing much hope of life yet, but we will see.

All other seeds (aside from those 2 center TD seeds) are showing great hope! They just aren't ready yet to hit the soil. Will check on them again tomorrow. We have three now in soil. :slide:

First 3 in soil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom