First Time DWC 2022 Bagseed

Venturisix

So this is my first true grow. I tried an ebb and flow system that never saw fruition because I had to move.
I’m starting off with bag seeds
Temp:73
Rh:50%
Veg day 28
Ppm800 (+200 from water) 1000ppm
Ph 5.8-6.2

System is 2 5gal dwc buckets
2 3w air pumps
2 4in airstones
1 1000w led (150w actual)
1 cfl to help side lighting
6in fan
4in @Mars Hydro in-line fan with carbon filter to add tbd
4x2x71 in @Mars Hydro tent (love it btw)
I’m going to say now, I got these two products on sale during the New Years sale on their website and I was thrown aback by their speediness and work ethic. Here I was reading journals and ordered late at night. By 3am they had processed my order! I got the tent I think 5 days later I couldn’t believe it.
As far as nutes they are hand made at my hydro store. They’re basically gh. I’m using Z7, Cali mag plus, great white, and liquid cool bloom eventually

Anywho I’m a military vet, I need medicine and this should be a fun ride. Sorry for the crappy pic, it’s from a few days ago.

82F57893-539A-4739-B80A-F81BBC70E8A9.png

8C5162D0-F92B-45C7-9DC0-8E34490EA57D.jpeg

8B05D448-365D-47DC-ACB0-32ABC00F7565.jpeg

So this is my first true grow. I tried an ebb and flow system that never saw fruition because I had to move.
I’m starting off with bag seeds
Temp:73
Rh:50%
Veg day 28
Ppm800 (+200 from water) 1000ppm
Ph 5.8-6.2

System is 2 5gal dwc buckets
2 3w air pumps
2 4in airstones
1 1000w led (150w actual)
1 cfl to help side lighting
6in fan
4in @Mars Hydro in-line fan with carbon filter to add tbd
4x2x71 in @Mars Hydro tent (love it btw)
I’m going to say now, I got these two products on sale during the New Years sale on their website and I was thrown aback by their speediness and work ethic. Here I was reading journals and ordered late at night. By 3am they had processed my order! I got the tent I think 5 days later I couldn’t believe it.
As far as nutes they are hand made at my hydro store. They’re basically gh. I’m using Z7, Cali mag plus, great white, and liquid cool bloom eventually

Anywho I’m a military vet, I need medicine and this should be a fun ride. Sorry for the crappy pic, it’s from a few days ago.

82F57893-539A-4739-B80A-F81BBC70E8A9.png

8C5162D0-F92B-45C7-9DC0-8E34490EA57D.jpeg

8B05D448-365D-47DC-ACB0-32ABC00F7565.jpeg
Woo-hoo :woohoo: you did it.:cheer:
Do we know if we have any ladies yet?
:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Ph 5.8-6.2
Make sure it actually travels the range. Ask me how I know (or look at my Jack Herer deficiency :p )

Grabbing a seat in return, looking forward to seeing what you can do with that setup, Having a TS-1000 in my WiFi tent, I'm curious how 150w fares in a slightly bigger tent.

Great start!

Great start, they are looking good so far. What water are you using?

Happy Growing.

Woo-hoo :woohoo: you did it.:cheer:
Do we know if we have any ladies yet?
:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
No not yet! I think I’ll be flipping this weekend though
Make sure it actually travels the range. Ask me how I know (or look at my Jack Herer deficiency :p )

Grabbing a seat in return, looking forward to seeing what you can do with that setup, Having a TS-1000 in my WiFi tent, I'm curious how 150w fares in a slightly bigger tent.

Great start!
thanks! Hmm I should drop it lower I’ve been thinking. My main one hasn’t moved much from 5.8 in a few days

No not yet! I think I’ll be flipping this weekend though

thanks! Hmm I should drop it lower I’ve been thinking. My main one hasn’t moved much from 5.8 in a few days
It's actually more important that it touches 6. pH uptake charts tell you everything is there at 5.8, but I got Cal Mag issues, that went away by allowing pH 6.1, and let drinkin (draining water) lower pH to cover the range to 5.8.

One question I have. So I started using great white at the onset of the seedlings. I got some black funk in my buckets, ordered z7 and finally got it Friday. How much z7 do you guys use in a 5g? Why is there no directions on the bottle loool? I didn’t want to flip before the roots are all set, they seem to be doing better though. I’ll check them today for res change. Kinda worried ppm 1000 is high. Do I count the 200 from the water or do I kind of forget it? Like if I should be at 1000ppm this week, should I blast past to 1200 to negate the water?

I checked, their website shows the following:

Screenshot_20220117-121928_Google.jpg
Sweet! I wasn’t too worried I was over doing it just that I was under doing it. I think my ickyness may have came from using too much great white and allowing a small light leak. Since then I added the cardboard and trash bag. I’ve got 2.5ml in there but started with 2. I plan to do a big update tonight, but to keep the flow going here’s a few pics. The bender (I am bender insert girder) is from the hygrometer. I couldn’t find the break so no tape. I’ve got some northern lights I’m dropping next in the event these are of the male persuasion. Oh and the poor dirty baby, I hadn’t planned on keeping her didn’t have the equipment but had some dirt. Humidity is on the low side, I may pump those numbers up with some rice cooker action.

3CF3358B-ECC8-4171-B07B-3C92D69CF5C5.jpeg

4B10B38D-EA39-4179-A81E-B29673FCB175.jpeg

Rice cooker for a humidifier? I kinda like it!, but just make sure it's safe and not a fire Hazzard.

The sludge most likely would have been a result of the light leak. Nutes + light = algea and other unpleasant buildups.

I've used Great White without sludge buildup, so I'm somewhat confident that wasn't the cause.

How's the water temps? That too can cause some headaches.

Now for your roots- the Great White will help, but it's mainly for soil. You want a Baccullis solution (hydroguard or Root Builder kinda product). Or go the opposite of beneficials (which I prefer personally), and use H202.

Rice cooker for a humidifier? I kinda like it!, but just make sure it's safe and not a fire Hazzard.

The sludge most likely would have been a result of the light leak. Nutes + light = algea and other unpleasant buildups.

I've used Great White without sludge buildup, so I'm somewhat confident that wasn't the cause.

How's the water temps? That too can cause some headaches.

Now for your roots- the Great White will help, but it's mainly for soil. You want a Baccullis solution (hydroguard or Root Builder kinda product). Or go the opposite of beneficials (which I prefer personally), and use H202.
Yeah hahah rice cooker. It gets it up. We had super low humidity lately. I had to raise it from 20%! Water temps are great that’s what confused me. I’m not sure that they even reach 70 it’s cold here, most of the time I check they’re around 64 I believe. I’m a bit concerned they’re a little stunted. I’ve read here somewhere led need (either high humidity or was it high temp?) to get growing very well. I don’t really have a high amount of either of those are current. I figured mainly need the dehumidifier, going into flower I’m hoping I won’t need a humidifier

I got some black funk in my buckets

I did exactly nothing to fix that. She's doing great. Jack Herer 2 in clonse spot is showing a bit of the same, ignoring that too. This goes to say: dont sweat it, they dont mind too much as long as you provide good airflow in the reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom