Ph keeps dropping in my aeroponic system?

The technic is thst you feed bacillus by spraying with a bottle spray 48 h before adding hydroperoxide. You repeat that every 2 days to meantain a colony of good bacteria.
So add bacteria today, hydroperoxide 2 days later, then bacteria 2 day after and so on!! This is how to get super healphy roots
U want something like this its called roo!t it also containing micronutrients and beneficial microbes to aid germination and i would get net pots and and fill with clay balls rockwool wet constant plants will grow but u will have issues when i first came to this site i had problems with my rockwool bill and bluter was helping me i fed constant for 2 weeks wasn't good my res was also to small 25ltr
root-it-sponges-2 - Copy.jpg

Back to the original question. The drop in pH is a common enough and google searches will point to articles dealing with aquarium owners asking the same question.

Number one reason is that the carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the water and forms enough carbonic acid over a day or two to bring down the pH reading. It is considered a natural reaction.

Is this based on research/data or is it just obvious?

both. if you ever leave RO out in the open you'll experience it first hand.

Is this based on research/data or is it just obvious?
I posed the same question to Mr Google as I was coming across here on this message board "...why does the pH of the water change after a day or two..." I followed the links and It was what was found. The same conclusion from hobbist or aquarium fans who would check and double check their waters for the fish and what was found on web pages from aquarium related research sites. By now that probably would include commercial fish farming operations, both outdoor and indoor.

I posed the same question to Mr Google as I was coming across here on this message board "...why does the pH of the water change after a day or two..." I followed the links and It was what was found. The same conclusion from hobbist or aquarium fans who would check and double check their waters for the fish and what was found on web pages from aquarium related research sites. By now that probably would include commercial fish farming operations, both outdoor and indoor.
That's good info for people running an aquarium.

My question pertains to this statement:
"Number one reason is that the carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the water and forms enough carbonic acid over a day or two to bring down the pH reading. It is considered a natural reaction."

Unless I am mistaken, you are asserting as a truth that the number one reason that pH falls in a reservoir is that the carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the water and forms enough carbonic acid over a day or two to bring down the pH reading.

I assumed that this was in regards to a reservoir used to grow cannabis hydroponically.

I'd love to see the research on this or the data that's been collected that resulted in this conclusion.

That's good info for people running an aquarium.

My question pertains to this statement:
"Number one reason is that the carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the water and forms enough carbonic acid over a day or two to bring down the pH reading. It is considered a natural reaction."

Unless I am mistaken, you are asserting as a truth that the number one reason that pH falls in a reservoir is that the carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the water and forms enough carbonic acid over a day or two to bring down the pH reading.

I assumed that this was in regards to a reservoir used to grow cannabis hydroponically.

I'd love to see the research on this or the data that's been collected that resulted in this conclusion.
I am not saying that it is the only reason behind the issue that the original question was asking about. II am saying that it is a possible answer and that it should be considered. If it happens often enough with people working with water for aquariums there is a good chance it will happen to water being used for any sort of hydro attempt.

My rainwater that I collect for watering plants has a pH of 5.7 to 5.9 just about every time I check. I looked up why and same answer. The rain water mixes with the carbon dioxide in the air and forms carbonic acid.

There are more examples of it happening so it should be considered as a reason for the drop in pH noticed by growers using one or another of the hydro methods.

I am not saying that it is the only reason behind the issue that the original question was asking about. II am saying that it is a possible answer and that it should be considered. If it happens often enough with people working with water for aquariums there is a good chance it will happen to water being used for any sort of hydro attempt.

My rainwater that I collect for watering plants has a pH of 5.7 to 5.9 just about every time I check. I looked up why and same answer. The rain water mixes with the carbon dioxide in the air and forms carbonic acid.

There are more examples of it happening so it should be considered as a reason for the drop in pH noticed by growers using one or another of the hydro methods.
I was seeking information regarding your statement "Number one reason is that the carbon dioxide in the air reacts with the water and forms enough carbonic acid over a day or two to bring down the pH reading."

We're now down to - it might be a factor because it happens in aquariums.

Thank you for the clarification and thank you for sharing your insights.

Back
Top Bottom