Planet Express & The Attempt To Repopulate Mars

@DutchinAB, @oldsmokey, @midwestgrown

Thanks all, these are super early. They came off the plant that showed pistils first (a week before the rest). Out of the single pods where the meristem meets the node. I pollinated all the plants at the same time as this plant and also repollinated a week later to ensure the timing was right. It’s definitely a good sign. I’ll let these dry out for a couple weeks then we will try to germinate them and see what happens. Then we will do a soggy banana test run.

This is so cool!! I hope this opens a whole new journey for you!

Will u check out my new pics let me know what u think? I need help with feeding. I was stupid bought living soil made for autos and they said no nutes needed but i found out that was a lie. Im close to harvest but i dont wanna make the same mistake with my other 3 so i have to figure out how much with each watering. I have the geoflora veg and bloom and i add some of that each watering and it has good stuff in that but if you see by my buds they missed something.

Anyway I'm floored by what you were able to do.

Jack says he will be your watch puppy... Haha and thats Eric he is the balcony gnome watches over my flowers. I managed to bring an Asiatic Lilly back to life... Well Eric probably did it but he lets me take credit.

Attachments

• 20200919_150317.jpg
    20200919_150317.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Well, it’s been a few weeks since the TB spat out those 8 early seeds. So I went ahead a dropped a couple to soak. Not holding my breath that they will germ. But I also dropped a couple others. Soon enough I’ll chop down the flower room and put the 4 I have growing right now into that room and dedicate the veg room to these if they sprout.
9096320A-B44F-4955-978D-122E209FE139.png

Were you able to get any more soggy banana seeds than the 8?

Yeah I’ve seen more, just haven’t chopped em down yet. They’re gonna be going into darkness tonight. I’ve also seen and plucked a few Sapphire OG and “Dinah Jeffries” (Sapphire OG x White Widow) they’re currently drying. These were just early ones so I figured I’d try to pop em.

I know I said I wouldn’t hold my breath for them to germinate but..... I’m happy to announce we’ve got taproots.
2 of the 3 Soggy Bananas, Alien OG and Blueberry Cheesecake have rap roots exposed. I’m gonna let them hangout in the paper towel till morning then into some Sunshine Mix #4 they’ll go.

The Soggy Banana test run is about to commence.
4FED6096-204D-4EAB-A137-5211C6264CC9.jpeg
D1FA9162-A1F3-489A-A464-AFEA3B88BAA9.jpeg
B48AB2AA-C0D5-41B1-81D3-4A30140EF3F6.jpeg

Thanks DAB! Much appreciated.
I’m stoked they germ’d can’t wait to have these grow out.

I know I’ve said it before but Thanks to everyone that stops by the journal I know I haven’t been as active in the last few weeks but that’s about to change with the new run.
Hope y’all will stick around for it.

Hey all,
So the last Soggy Banana cracked it shell so I put it into the solo cup anyway. They all under the 250w BudgetLED VegSpec. Under 24 hours light for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully they sprout soon and this next adventure can take off. 3 Soggy Banana are in the back, Blueberry cheesecake front left and Alien OG front right.
D7143030-E0EF-45C2-A2BA-4B39AD9FBFD7.jpeg

Plans are in motion for a irrigation system with watering halos. Planning on using a big tote with a pump and PVC, mix up the nutrients into that, stir it up, flick a switch and have it water itself. Hopefully pick up the material tomorrow and start piecing it together. I’ll keep everyone posted in the progress. Here’s the net though 5’x7’
I'm planning on doing the same, do you have any experience on Halos versus a like mister/sprinkler type system? I'd like the to do the exact same system you're talking about where I just flip the switch and water, and be good to go for a few days, I already have a 15 Gallon res, so I'd just need some sort of pump, and tubing/piping, any recommendations on finding the correct size pump? my res is about 3ish foot tall, and I'd be watering 4-5 plants with about 1.5 gallons of water each, so just 7-9 gallons of water,

Would I just throw a submersible pump in the water with some tubing running out, connected to a manifold that runs to the halo via another 1/2 inch tube?

I've been trying to look into this but there's so many setups it gets a little confusing.

So I've found a 800 GPH Vivosun pump submersible, a 8 outlet manifold that's adjustable, and has screw caps to cap the unused outlets, 1/2 inch irrigation piping that'd go from the pump to the manifold, than I guess I'd do 1/2 inch tubing from the manifold to the Halo be good to go? Have a missed some crucial step? I've heard of siphoning off so I am aware that I'll need to add a small hole on the line in the res to combat that issue.

Looking forward to following along a 5x7 is going to be a killller size grow what sort of yields are ya expecting?

Cheers man, all is looking good so far, sorry to bombard ya with questions I was told you were the man to talk to hit up about this! Haha

@BabyTrees, I’d love to lie to you and pretend I know what I’m talking about but the truth of the matter is, I’m winging it.. lmao. I know @Modest grower had a self watering irrigation system. Using a similar setup to what you speak of, me personally I have an 800gph Vivison pump that I planned on using for an aeroponic system that I’ll be using in this setup instead. I’m planning on using a combination of misters and holes (holes underneath, misters on 45 degree angles aiming down) ran through 3/4 inch PVC. I started building the halos this morning and plan to have the setup finished by sometime today (hopefully). I’ll run 4 halos at 12” diameter with a big Rubbermaid outside the room for the res. Pipe through the wall and equal piping = equal pressure. Therefore all should get watered the same amount. You are correct though. Sub pump into the res, tubing from the pump to the splitter manifold, tubing from the manifold the the pots and done, flick a switch and let it water itself. The reason I’m using pvc is so I can add and adjust as needed for more or less plants easily. Not sure how it’s all going to turn out yet but I’m sure it’ll be fine.
here’s a picture of the first 2 halos no holes drilled yet. And I’ll build the exact same for the other side.
C0C979A4-73F1-4571-BC20-441BD94CE200.jpeg

Okay, so that's gonna be run on the same pump I was looking at, I think I'm just gonna run mine with the flexible tubing so I can be lazy and buy everything on Amazon, I'm sure your homemade ones will be Significantly better, the halos on Amazon do look nice but there's no 45s and EACH halo is like 10 freakin bucks, it's just a ring of like 50 something holes, thank you for the clarification I feel a little bit better about throwing an order in on some of this stuff now, I plan on using it in like 2 months after my harvest for my next setup I'm going fancy, gonna build a rolling cart, and set up this dripper system, and hopefully they won't be as much of a pain to water, and tend too next run, yours will be more durable, and effective having both misters and drippers I'm sure, I wouldn't have enough ports on my manifold to run both, unless I did a splitter at the head where the halo was, not sure if that'd work cause than I could just do a 6 inch, and a 9 inch dripper ring and prolly cover it all.

Back
Top Bottom