Planning Future - Need Help

I'm sorry, there are two types of e-ballasts, dimmable and dial a watt. If you have a 50%, 75%, 100%, SL. That is dimmable and can only run what ever wattage it's set at from factory. If you have 400, 420, 500, 600, 630, 750, 800, 900, 1000, 1050. Like mine then you can run all bulbs at correct wattage. Lumatec dimmable is not dial a watt unless I'm mistaken.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Ok....well I send a message to the seller to remove bulbs from order,I hope it can be done considering that is Sunday and the order will ship tomorrow (Monday)....I will get the 2 1000w bulbs on eBay....

Thanks millertm you saved me some money!:Namaste:

PS = You grow for the entire cycle only with 1000w HPS or do you use also a 1000w MH?

Ok....well I send a message to the seller to remove bulbs from order,I hope it can be done considering that is Sunday and the order will ship tomorrow (Monday)....I will get the 2 1000w bulbs on eBay....

Thanks millertm you saved me some money!:Namaste:

PS = You grow for the entire cycle only with 1000w HPS or do you use also a 1000w MH?
I saw some lumatec dial a watt ballast as well as some dimmable, what is the style or number on yours, it could be dial a watt. I use my T5HO to veg, or a 400 watt MH. I veg 24/0 or 20/4 lighting. It's to much heat to run 1k all day. 400 watts does not heat up my 4x4 much. I can run my T5 all day too if needed. I was adding to my tent so it stayed in flower mode. MH is a great veg light but for seeds or clone's 1k us a bit much. MH also run a bit hotter due to higher CCT. If you run your tent out then you can start with MH. But it's about 80 days from clone's and 90 from seed. To take your tent to full term and start again from seed would get 3 pulls a year, if you run a T5 veg room you can pull every two months, or 6 pulls a year.

Cheers

My ballast has 4 sets: 600w,750w,1000w,Super Lumen.
I will use 260w CFL for sprout then I think I will go with the 1000w MH dimmered down to 600w and then 600w or 1000w HPS for flowering.
I'm going with seeds for now....clones will take away more time to me,even if I know I can have more harvests and yields,but If yield from seeds satisfy me,I think I will do seeds again...

Great it will run 600 watt bulbs then. Sorry for the confusion. 600 watt veg is fine for MH just keep light high in tent till ladies get started. Good luck.

Cheers

i saw you on another post and came by to look. YES you want the BIGGEST tent you can fit from THE START. You will end up buying a bigger one to fit your spot. Right now your buying a tent and saying yes this will fit. The mind set when buying a tent should be WILL this fit. See my point man, trust me i made that mistake. Upgrade from day one if you can $ wise of course. Im new doing my first grow and any help is welcomed. Stop by my journal its my first grow.

I've noticed i get better growth through all stages (veg and bloom) if I just use HPS right from the start. I think MH is a bit of waste. In future, just run HPS right from the start.

Some people will probably disagree with me, but that is what I have seen with my own grows.

I didn't see any difference in veg using MH over HPS. I'd buy and extra HPS bulb so you have a spare when the first one bites the dust. In fact, I have a spare ballast, too. The last thing you want is to get 5 weeks into bloom and have an equipment failure.

Great it will run 600 watt bulbs then. Sorry for the confusion. 600 watt veg is fine for MH just keep light high in tent till ladies get started. Good luck.

Cheers
Are you sure? I cannot risk that a bulb takes fire or explode, I have to be 100% certain...
However I can dim down the 2 x 1000w to 600w so the ballast will run only at 60% power,but if I'll want to go with 1000w then I will already have the 1000w bulb...

i saw you on another post and came by to look. YES you want the BIGGEST tent you can fit from THE START. You will end up buying a bigger one to fit your spot. Right now your buying a tent and saying yes this will fit. The mind set when buying a tent should be WILL this fit. See my point man, trust me i made that mistake. Upgrade from day one if you can $ wise of course. Im new doing my first grow and any help is welcomed. Stop by my journal its my first grow.
Thanks for your suggestions,but I can't go further with the budget and space....so I think that the 5x5 tent will be my final one!
:thanks:

Blaze and Major I think you're right,I will buy tomorrow the bulbs,so if you think to be quite sure of this ( to be honest I think too that with this wattage there's no big difference in MH/HPS ) ,I'm gonna buy 2 1000w HPS to have one more when the first runs out!

Also, a 1000 watt with a decent hood will be the perfect size for 5 x 5.

I also have a 5 x 5 tent, and the 600w HPS doesn't quite cover all of the tent. So now I'm going to run 2 x 600w HPS in 5 x 5.

Alright Hidan, sounds like to got all sorted out! Indica Kush is a great way to go to keep the plants low and have quick finishing times.

Best of luck with the grow! :love:

Hey i see most of the guys are running hid instead of LED. I did my research and went with LED for mainly stealth reason. Im growing in a closet thats 6x8 and my tent is 3x2x5. Its very tiny and im growing one sour diesel and ak47 in it. Has anyone did the HID vs LED themself and have a verdict? I feel like any review i see on the net is basis.

Hey i see most of the guys are running hid instead of LED. I did my research and went with LED for mainly stealth reason. Im growing in a closet thats 6x8 and my tent is 3x2x5. Its very tiny and im growing one sour diesel and ak47 in it. Has anyone did the HID vs LED themself and have a verdict? I feel like any review i see on the net is basis.

Cmay, LED (GOD for example) are the new wave in lighting for several reasons.
1. Cost to power them is less for the same amount of lumens.
2 They produce less heat (even less than CFLs).
3 Stealth if you mean the power company won't see a spike in your electric bill.
4 Easier to set up because you don't need a cool tube and flex hosing and they can be easily daisy-chained.
I have used T5, CFL, MH and HPS, and I now am experimenting with a small LED Panel. More light = explosive growth :cheesygrinsmiley:
You will still need good airflow through the closet or tent.
I hope this answered your question.

Alright Hidan, sounds like to got all sorted out! Indica Kush is a great way to go to keep the plants low and have quick finishing times.

Best of luck with the grow! :love:
Yep! Let's see if there aren't problems mounting something!:laughtwo: Thanks for the good luck!:Namaste:

By the way, I think from what I've read that the only BIG difference between LED vs HID ,is mainly the costs of panels! Like Hoz said their wave lighting is better and even efficiency,instead of HID that is a well known technology and for this reason it cost less for bulbs I think.....even though 600w HPS and especially 1000w HPS bulbs,cost quite a bit,at least in my country!
For now great great thanks guys!:thanks:

You got that right Hidan! HID/HPS is a proven technology. I've only been growing with LED since I started growing again. There are some great options out there. In many situations LED is just not viable, but it certainly has done very well for me. :high-five:

uh huh all the points i considered when setting up my first grow.

Hey guys! Setup arrived! New questions...:laughtwo:
So I got this CIS XtraCool XL 150mm (6 inches) Reflector,it's beautiful but I'm worried about this sticker that is on it:
20160420_220058.jpg

You can see that the sticker says: Max Wattage - 600w HPS/MH, but I got 1000w HPS.
The point is that in the description of the seller it clearly says that this reflector works for: 250w,400w,600w & 1000w.
I already sent a message to the seller to see what's his answer,because if I can't run my bulb...I'm gonna swear for hours.
I searched in other forum and found that many people run 1000w bulb in 600w reflector, I didn't try cause I'm afraid, but they say that what is really important is the wire amperage, so I ordered a 10A tripolar VDE wire... Then I saw that in the description of the bulb I ordered on ebay it says 10.3A for 1000w bulb....now my questions are this 2, it differs from 10A to 10.3A or it's not a big deal?
Also,do you think that I can run my bulb in this reflector even if the sticker says 600w max?
I hope that the seller will reassure me :straightface:

I wish I could give you some solid advice here, but I'm not much for DIY and your problem is not one I've encountered before. Sorry bud. Hopefully someone will give you the answers you need soon.

Back
Top Bottom