Planning my 1st auto flower grow

No action yet. I just put a couple of plastic cups over the seed area in each pot, hoping that a little extra humidity might hasten things along. I know patience is the name of the game here, and I've restrained myself from doing more than light misting of the soil and a little dribble of water around the outside edges of the pots. Come on, girls!

seeddomes_zps4423fe11.png

I think you're going about it the right way. I use a windowsill and a capful or two of water right over the seed everyday. a windowsill won't dry out a seed like a hot grow area can.

that's a good temperature. when you're in the 90s you have to be vigilant.

10 days since planting

Things seem to be going well, although the temps in the closet are a bit lower than I'm shooting for, down to 61 just now when I turned the lights back on after 6 hours of dark in the daytime. I've had a small clip-fan running almost all the time, just strong enough to ruffle the leaves and move the stems a little as it oscillates. The first pic, with the smaller secondary leaves, is the one nearest to the fan. Not sure if it's relevant but I find the difference between the two interesting.

IMG_4789_zpsd268f94c.jpg

IMG_4790_zps0acd6866.jpg

they look good. I said make sure the light is 12" away to provide plenty of light and warmth, but I noticed I already suggested this above. my sprouts are 6-7" away from my leds and they're enjoying themselves.

12 days in soil

I've moved the light so that the LEDs are about 12" away from the young plants, and as far as I can tell things are going well. I've watered once, with R/O water, and the soil still seems fairly moist so I'm holding off on doing anything more. Temps are about 77F with lights on, 64F during the 6 hours of dark I've been doing.

IMG_4792_zps828e7b10.png

Both of my young seedlings look a little dusty, and it almost seems like some of the newer leaves have a dusting of yellow pollen or dust on the leaves. There's nothing else growing in the closet with them. Thus far I've avoided the temptation to do anything about it, but I'm wondering if a gentle wiping with R/O water might be in order? Or am I more likely to mess things up?

it could be from the medium you're growing in. can you take a picture with the leds off?

Back
Top Bottom