Planning my 1st auto flower grow

Definitely not giving up on either one yet, I've just been eyeing Lewis suspiciously for about a week now. I've only got room for 3 pots max in the closet, so once I get the next seed going, if Lewis is still a wilting bonsai, I might want her space for a new start. It really seems like she hasn't grown at all in 7 days, and as time goes by the yellow leaf problem is moving higher up the plant.

I'm not sure what to do about the "nute-burn" showing up now on Clark, as flushing Lewis didn't seem to help. Maybe I didn't do enough? I poured 2 gallons through her the other day, it seemed like a lot at the time, and now the soil has sunk even lower into the pot.

you probably shouldn't stress train if you suspect the plants are already vulnerable. it's inevitable that you'll get burn each time you water unless you flush them when they are pretty dry.

Day 34

Merry Christmas!

Clark is flowering in multiple places, getting bigger and I feel encouraged each time I look at her. Nute-burn is still showing up on leaf tips, but I'm not worrying too much about it. Last night I gave her about 2 cups of water, and when I just looked in and took this pic, there'd been noticeable growth:

A60B205D-81D0-4428-8864-E5EEE521DA3E_zpsdrwuzfpj.png

1867AAFE-48E0-40CD-B85D-4A0BCB00B9E4_zpsbshgchlt.png

Lewis, on the other hand, remains miniature, although new growth is happening. I'm going to keep her going, as long as she's still alive there's always hope she might hit a growth spurt:

951DEB98-0463-4ABA-B335-2CB2E93C9C96_zpsk25rkzlk.png

I dropped my last Dark Devil seed in water last night, and it's already sunk. I'm going to go out today to find another pot and maybe some Happy Frog to mix the FFOF with. I might also try something other than Hydroton for drainage, depending on what's available.

Day 37

Here's Clark, midway into her "morning droop." I've noticed that her fan leaves start dropping in the mornings, before the dark cycle starts. When I turn the lights back on, the leaves are usually pointing almost straight up, as if anticipating the lights coming back on. I've adjusted the lighting schedule, going bright an hour earlier, since it seems like she's trying to tell me something.

9AA622CB-E0BA-437B-BC9F-D2C594A93722_zpsaarcutr9.png

In other news, my 3rd DD seed sprouted! Bought 3 seeds from Herbie's and they all sprouted, not a bad result for my first time growing anything. I used the "germinate in soil" method for all of them.

71AAF693-B05C-48FF-A432-0B92BFE1DEF1_zpspnykqmzt.png

Nute burn keeps creeping up on my healthy plant, and I'm worried that the fan leaves are all dying, about a month before she's supposed to be ready for harvest. Flushing my other plant didn't seem to help at all, and I guess she's either root- or nute-bound, since she's still alive, but hasn't grown much in weeks.

Here's the healthier plant, Clark:

7F9EC243-15E7-45FE-98C6-E2E762444ACA_zpskahxkwuf.png

its mild, she's still stacking nicely. looks like nute burn, might be light intensity stress. back off to 18-24" for a bit and see what happens. leds cooked my plants 6" away lol

Thanks for the positive input! The burn definitely seems to be rising from the bottom of the plants towards the top, with the lower leaves showing burn well before the upper ones do. Do you still think it could be too much light? Clark has grown enough so that she's now about 12" below the 96x3 Reflector. The new sprout is doing well and I'm very interested to see if the nute burn shows up with the different soil mix I used.

it's hard to tell. nutrient burn will cause that tip burn, but not the weird deficiency looking thing in the big fan leaves. new growth does look really good.. what is the height at anyway? try 18"?

Back
Top Bottom