PlanT

Cramming all these plants into such a small area has caught up with me. Over the last two weeks i've noticed small spots of mildew on my leaves but i though they were just dried up nutes. Then yesterday i noticed it smelling a little moldy in the closet so i took all the plants out and noticed there were a lot more spots on a bunch of leaves. I cut of a lot of the fan leaves that were heavily affected and today i sprayed all 5 plants with serenade disease control spray. I also bought more fans but the problem is i really don't have anywhere to put them. the plants are so cramped but i really don't want to throw any of them away. I may just dispose of the 5 white widows and try to fight the mildew til harvest. Any advice would be appreciated, i don't have a bunch of money for a sulfer burner and this grow is in my bedroom.

Cramming all these plants into such a small area has caught up with me. Over the last two weeks i've noticed small spots of mildew on my leaves but i though they were just dried up nutes. Then yesterday i noticed it smelling a little moldy in the closet so i took all the plants out and noticed there were a lot more spots on a bunch of leaves. I cut of a lot of the fan leaves that were heavily affected and today i sprayed all 5 plants with serenade disease control spray. I also bought more fans but the problem is i really don't have anywhere to put them. the plants are so cramped but i really don't want to throw any of them away. I may just dispose of the 5 white widows and try to fight the mildew til harvest. Any advice would be appreciated, i don't have a bunch of money for a sulfer burner and this grow is in my bedroom.

It's cheaper to lose a couple plants than all of them. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if your burnt tops aren't related to the PM or some other fungus.

I'd try to give away, move outdoors....anything to thin out the herd a bit. Also, what's your RH?

It's cheaper to lose a couple plants than all of them. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if your burnt tops aren't related to the PM or some other fungus.

I'd try to give away, move outdoors....anything to thin out the herd a bit. Also, what's your RH?

Ive decides to transplant them into very small containers and just see what happens, I really don't want to just throw them away but my flowering plants need more room. the rh bounces anywhere between 45 and 70% depending on wether or not the door is open. im doing the best i can to keep it down.

Ive decides to transplant then into very small containers and just see what happens, I really don't want to just throw them away but my flowering plants need more room. the rh bounces between anywhere between 45 and 70% depending on weather or not the door is open. im doing the best i can to keep it down.

that rh is near perfect. I know everything will work out for you, bro. I agree, I would have a hard time throwing a plant away too. You kind of get attached to them.

terrible day for me and my plants, I transplanted 4/5 white widows into very small containers and their all pretty much as good as dead. All 4 had tap roots that went to the bottom of their 3 gallon pots so i pretty much ripped off over half their roots. Then while watering the large plants the main cola of the cherry ak47 go stuck on my light reflector and i supercropped the crap out of it, it my have snapped.... on top of all that my bathroom is now a complete mess and the whole house smells like shit and feet because of the anti-fungal spray. I am definitely at a low point in this grow and almost just want to start fresh, powdery mildew for the loss!

Heres a pic of the mildew, I haven't really seen to many ill effects other than the mildew spots and a sort of moldy smell which is now mask by the smell of cheesy feet. I did find this leaf, though it seems to be an isolated case.

DSCF0ff0011.JPG

Heres the mildew spots
DSCF0gg002.JPG

Heres the cherry ak47 which i broke
DSCF00f01.JPG

finally heres some flixs of the good stuff thats keeping me going
DSCF0ff002.JPG

DSCF00hh02.JPG

DSCFf0003.JPG

DSCF000116.JPG

The poor white widows that have got to be hurting right now
DSCF000314.JPG

Special thanks to BWC BayArea for helping me fight my mildew problem so far:thanks:

I just found this very good article about beating powder mildew

here

It says that by heating the grow room to 100 degrees for an hour should kill all of the mildew. I'm running 1000watts in a closet thats about 100 square feet. If i turn of the inline fan and take the glass of my reflectors im sure the room will get that hot. I'd like to hear some opinions from experienced growers before i try it out.

I just found this very good article about beating powder mildew

here

It says that by heating the grow room to 100 degrees for an hour should kill all of the mildew. I'm running 1000watts in a closet thats about 100 square feet. If i turn of the inline fan and take the glass of my reflectors im sure the room will get that hot. I'd like to hear some opinions from experienced growers before i try it out.
Great article!

A good plan would be to treat with neem a week before flowering, whether you have PM or not. Then, follow up with milk a week later. Don't forget to do a preventative spray for spider mites too.

Prevention is far better than trying to react to an infestation.

Great article!

A good plan would be to treat with neem a week before flowering, whether you have PM or not. Then, follow up with milk a week later. Don't forget to do a preventative spray for spider mites too.

Prevention is far better than trying to react to an infestation.

I will definitely be using neem as a preventive measure during my next grow, just a little late for that now

I was reading somthing about using a soft dish soap to get mildew under control i dont know iv never done it but its a thought i couldent just cast em out id try every thing first hope you find somthing that works i would go natural if you try it i use green works on dishes its made from plants no harsh chemicals

I was reading somthing about using a soft dish soap to get mildew under control i dont know iv never done it but its a thought i couldent just cast em out id try every thing first hope you find somthing that works i would go natural if you try it i use green works on dishes its made from plants no harsh chemicals

Thanks for the concern ezmoney, i'm using Serenade on my plants right now which contains bacteria that fight the fungus. It's supposed to be human safe and all that...

Day 27 of flowering

BANANA KUSH

DSCFbanna_kush0001.JPG

DSCF00banaa_kush04.JPG

DSCF00banna_kush03.JPG

DSCF000bannan3.JPG

DSCF00grapefuruit_sour03.JPG

GRAPEFRUIT x SOUR DIESEL

DSCF000grapefruit1.JPG

DSCF00grapefruit01.JPG

DSCF00grapefruit03.JPG

DSCF00grapefruit04.JPG

O.G KUSH X SOMA A+ / ROCK BUD

DSCF00og_soma_rockbud02.JPG

Cherry AK-47

DSCF0cherry_ak001.JPG

DSCF00cherry_ak04.JPG

Blue Dream

DSCF0blue_dream001.JPG

DSCF0blue_dream003.JPG

I still don't know what to do with the white widows, they haven't died yet though im sure their growth is completely stunted. I topped them yesterday and put em under cpf's with a 24/7 light schedule. I'd like to veg them out but im afraid they're infected with mildew as well.

Great pictures, very nice

thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

I left my plants to go home to the bay area wednesday night, came back tonight. So thats 96 hours since last watering. I didn't think this would be a big deal but i was really wrong. I opened my closet and the the temps were well into the 90's. I have no idea how that was happening and will have to look into it tomorrow. The plants are so fucked!! all of them have a ton of completely dried out leaves. I quickly gave them each a heavy flush with water and im hoping i didn't unintentionally harvest my plants 4 weeks early.

heres the damage
DSCF00g02.JPG

DSCF0g0031.JPG

DSCF000118.JPG

DSCF000220.JPG

DSCFg0001.JPG

update on the white widows is that none of the 4 transplanted died and actually all have a ton of new growth. they've been under 24 hour light in my veg desk. I'm really suprized that you can transplant at that size into a pot 1/4 the size of the original without causing serious harm, to bad all 5 have mildew and will be going into the trash tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom