Please help? Looking for any info possible

ratdog1218

Hey Guys... Newbie here... I planted a bunch of pretty good seeds from a bag of killer weed in April in my garden.
We are in New England and I am curious if you can tell me what I have type wise(indica or sativa) and how long I should plan on before they are ready to harvest... Both my plants are over 6ft and are female(a friend told me this) Any help is appreciated..

20160817_182636.jpg
20160817_182625_002.jpg
20160817_182625_001.jpg
20160817_182609.jpg
20160817_182553.jpg
20160817_182538.jpg
20160817_182535_001.jpg
]

They look like a hybrid to me but sativa dominant.
Time varies a lot. I'd expect about 8-9 weeks from when those photos were taken.

Great thank you for the info..in there any thing i should be doing to help them along?

Well you might want to prune off some of the lower flower sites while they're just still preflowers. The stuff on the bottom really won't fill out that much and you'll end up with fatter colas on the tops if you just pinch/cut off the flower sites before bloom starts. Be careful not to do too much though as that can stress the plant.

Since you've got preflowers coming along, use some nutrients formulated for bloom soon. Are you using any nutrients or just straight soil? Really what you want is to boost P and K levels now.

I would get some bamboo steaks and make a bamboo box around each of them to tie the tops on to, those branches are a little thin looking so it will help the plant out and improve your overall yield.

They are just in soil and ive just been watering them every couple days. Cut the lower branches completely off?? Also what kind of dtuff should i use to help them bloom? Thank you everyone

They are just in soil and ive just been watering them every couple days. Cut the lower branches completely off?? Also what kind of dtuff should i use to help them bloom? Thank you everyone

No no don't remove any whole branches, unless they're very small and are growing into the larger ones you have there.

This picture shows what I'm talking about well...
20160817_182538.jpg

So you see between the main stalk and the stem of the fan leaf where you have the pistils/preflowers/calyxes and the new leaves coming out? Flowers are going to be forming here, and basically anywhere there's a junction like this on your plant. So when you look at the bottom of your plant and the branches that are down there, and see growth like that you know a flower will be there. Then think about if it will have good air flow, good light, etc. More likely than not it won't, and will just grow little "larfy" flowers that are basically a couple of calyxes. Not a big deal to leave them but they do sap resources from flowers that are further up on the branches, particularly your "tops" which should form colas ( where the flowers at these internodes cluster together to form one huge bud ). Midway along the branches are going to be more popcorn sized buds... Well on the plant they'll look more like golf balls, but once dried they will be about the size of popcorn, and the further down the branch you go the fluffier and smaller the buds that will form there will become, people call those larfy. Since the area under the plant won't get a lot of sunlight, they're really going to be robbing more resources from the buds in the middle and at the tops of the branches than they're going to be worth for smoking, so what I like to do is to go and just remove every little internodal branch that's forming near the bottoms of the branches where they connect to the main stalk. If you've been growing them wild with no pruning chances are you'll have quite a bit of spots like that which will produce that larffy bud. It's really not something you NEED to do, but with what they will take from the tops and middle buds likely won't be made up for in terms of getting more THC so don't be tempted to save them thinking it will help you get as much as you can. It's most certainly a preference thing. Try it on one and not another, or one branch and not some, and it will give you a good idea of the differences :)

Anything with a higher ratio of P and K versus N should do fine all through bloom. You will see some stuff with higher P or K meant for mid or late bloom, but I wouldn't worry about that much. If you don't have a problem with synthetic nutrients, Crystal Burst is a great one that's 0-15-15, meaning it has zero percent nitrogen, 15 percent Phosphorous and 15 percent Potassium ( periodic symbol being K ). Your soil looks like it's decently nutritious, so follow the directions as if you were using it with other nutrients--so half of what's suggested if I remember right.

Back
Top Bottom