Please help save my plant- cindy!

Smokemupm8

Hello everyone,
OMG!! IM SOOO STRESSED:bitingnails: My current grow, Cindy - C99xPanama Red, has been coming along well since her adjustment to my first attempt at LST..
Ive had no pest probs until today, i went to water her and saw some tiny clear things moving on the outside of her pot. I squashed a few and then saw some more, then i stressed! I grabbed my M/scope and stuck it on one, IT LOOKED LIKE A BEDBUG OR TINY TICK?? EVIL - EITHER WAY!!! So i went looking thru carpets and that couldnt see anythin?? So i deduced spidermites, checked on a few journals and sure enough i saw a pic of the EVIL PRICKS!! I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY GIRL.. I have Pyrethrum spray, its got something else mixed with it but basically pyrethrum, i sprayed some onto my girl when she was a seedling and it burned her a little, but i later read that it said Not Recommended for seedlings?? DERR.. So this time, i watered her, and then just covered the soil in spray, also her pot, outside s as well, and wiped stuff down and sprayed some Pyrethrum around her space..
Im wanting to know if anyone has some ideas i can use to help kill em, i grow in soil, and ive heard of SNS17 or woteva it is, but cant get it here.. So i intend on daily spraying of her grow space and her soil in an attempt to kill em as they hit the surface. I dont really want to spray all of her with it, she has no signs of major infest. YET..
I REALLY LOVE MY GIRL, AS MOST OF US GROWERS DO!! ANY HELP or IDEAS to kill these things, I WILL KISS YOUR BUTT FOR EVER !! And if there is any thing i can do to say thanks( within reason!) I will!!! THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME GUYS... I HOPE THE PYRETHRUM WILL AT LEAST KILL SOME WITHOUT HARMING MY GIRL.. Here she is currently, and she is doing so good and i would be shattered to lose her to these things... EVEN IF I HAVE TO PICK EM OFF ONE BY ONE I WILL!
2012-08-16_09_15_12.jpg
2012-08-13_19_31_22.jpg

WISH SHE HAD SAD PUPPY DOG EYES.. But i dont want to lose Cindy:( THANK you... SMOKEMUP:thanks::circle-of-love::thumb:

Re: Please help save my plant- cindy!!!

I really dont think you have spidermites mate.

It sounds like soilmites.

Spidermites hang out on the underside of leaves. Soilmites are in the soil and you will notice them crawling along the pot rim because they are white and the pot rims are black.

Soilmites are actually a good thing. Check under some leaves and see if you see any (exclude leaves that touch the pot or the soil from your search)

If searching the underside of leaves has no mites then its 99% its soilmites. Or if you see them comming out of the soil (usually the crack between the soil and your pot) Its 100% soilmites and its nothing to sweat over, they are benificial.

Do not spray your soil. You are going to kill your microbes and kill the soilmites.

Oh SHIT.. IVE SPRAYED THE SOIL BRO!! SHE LOOKS SAD. SHIT SHOULD I FLUSH HER, HAVENT SEEN HER SAD LIKE THIS?? FARK IM SCARED NOW!!!

flush flush flush flush flush right now

BTW yes soilmites are white or clearish. They looked white to me but i never looked at them through a microscope.

flush flush flush flush flush right now

BTW yes soilmites are white or clearish. They looked white to me but i never looked at them through a microscope.

Ive flushed her and also added some seaweed extract while watering hoping to save some microbes!! I am so spewin i sprayed her! I thought Pyrethrum was ok for plants, obviously not. IM AN IDIOT>> THANKS GUYS:)

Are you sure they aren't just Springtails ?

If so they are completely harmless :)

Flushing the soil removes microbes regardless but the seaweed extract should help ha ha

I have a nutrient called Fish Mix that is designed to increase microbial activity in the soil :)

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom